One of the most fun things about living in France was the food. When people ask me what I miss the most, besides the cult in general, the answer is always cheese, bread, and wine. Because… well, do I need to explain that? Mmmmm…
I learned a lot of great recipes from my French friends while I was living abroad as well. But my absolute favorites are the ones that are yummy, healthy, and easy to do. I have a particular friend who I absolutely love visiting because that was her fortée! This recipe comes from her and I’ve used it many a weeknight when dinner just came upon me too fast & I wasn’t prepared.
Quick & Healthy Weeknight Dinner
Don’t write it off just yet, it’s so delicious! My kids eat it, it’s inexpensive, it’s healthy, and it can be done in less than 20 minutes. Not to mention it’s got veggies & egg as a protein so it’s packed with goodness.
First of all, to make dinners like these happen, you’ve got to stock your freezer with frozen veggies. I always make sure I have these because I could create a dinner out of them like I’m showing you in this post or even just add them to help bulk up a chili or steam on the side. They’re versatile, yummy and I these C & W Vegetables are at Walmart so that makes it easy & inexpensive! My kind of ingredients!
I’m going to break down how it’s done, which is so stinkin’ easy, and then I have a little video of me actually making it so you can see it start to finish!
- Start by heating a saucepan with a little olive oil or healthy oil of your choice.
- Open up your C & W Vegetables and toss them in the hot pan. I used two bags of their Early Harvest Petite Peas.
- Heat the peas all the way through. It’s important that they are actually hot because they will be helping cook the eggs.
- Create a little whole where you want to place the eggs. Crack the egg in the dent you created and cover it with peas.
- Crack as many eggs as you have people or as many as people will eat and let them cook!
- You can cook them as long as you want. I know my mom doesn’t like the yoke to be runny so I cooked it longer for her. But if it were for me and my dad, I would let the yoke be runny and maybe grab a piece of toast to go with it. Yuuuummmmm.
That’s it! Now, I just gotta say, it might be a combination you haven’t thought of before, but you’ve got to give it a try. I was weary at first, but it’s really so good. So make sure you add C&W Vegetables to your shopping list and don’t forget to take advantage of the $.50 off of 1 package of C&W vegetables Ibotta coupon! These are good at select Walmart stores. (While supplies last of course!)