A little Update

So I have gone missing around these parts lately and I really apologize. I truly enjoy the friendships I have made through blogging, including my readers, and I love connecting with you guys. Mostly it’s via Facebook but obviously posting here is important too! So I thought I would give you all a little update.

We were in Legoland last weekend as a family and it was great. It was just our little family of four which was so fun and we definitely enjoyed ourselves. However we heard about the Paris attacks early Saturday morning and, like most of the world, it was heart breaking. If you didn’t know, our family lived in France for 8 years and it has become very much a part of us. We never lived in Paris and didn’t know anyone directly involved with the attacks but we still were reeling from the news.

I think it’s the most depressing because there is no end in sight. This is our world. And until we see Jesus again we’re going to have to deal with these things. I think the best thing we can do is to remember that no one has it figured out and our most important calling is to love one another. You can still have opinions as to how things should be handled, but present them in a loving way. You never know, the other side might make a good point if we can stop long enough to hear it!

The same day I heard about the attacks I also heard that my Grandpa passed away. He was 92 years old and lived and amazing life. He was married for something like 67 years to my Grandma and left a legacy – family. He came from a broken home but instead of allowing that to define him and repeat the mistakes of his parents, he chose to rise above and walk a completely different path. He was the father to 5 kids, grandfather to 12, and great-grandfather to 18. He was a gracious, gentle, steady man and he loved us all. We are all grateful for the choices he made early on that I am sure had a great affect on our family.

He was old and it was his time. He lived a long, good life but you know what? Death is still sad. Even though we believe that he is in heaven with his Savior now, it’s still sad to have him gone. His wife, who is also 92, survived him.

So with all that going on, preparations for the funeral, family coming in who we haven’t seen in a while, it’s been a little crazy around here! Not to mention that Thanksgiving is next week and I we are hosting it and I am doing the turkey. A did one last year and one a couple years before that and I’m excited to take it on again. I’ll be using Martha Stewarts recipe that I found in her Cooking School cookbook a while back. It worked well the first time, hope it works well again!

In other quite-less-important-but-still-relevant-to-this-blog news, I cut my hair!! I wanted a long bob and these are the pictures that I showed the stylist (just search “long bob” on Pinterest)

long bob

I showed her these pictures and explained that I wanted it right below the shoulders, still kinda long but with a few little layers thrown in there. I even said that the bottom right picture was a little too short and had too many layers. This is what she came up with:

long bob

Not really what I asked for. And actually, for some reason, hair stylists have never been able to blow dry my hair properly. I always have to come home and redo it. So she blow dried it straight and I came home and did the curls and felt so.much.better about it. In the end, it’s shorter than I would have liked, but I’ve always been really flexible with my hair. It grows super fast and will be back long by summer. Also, as many of you mentioned, I can now showcase some super cute short hairstyles! For starters, would anyone like to see how I did these beach-y curls?

And yes, if you were wondering, I am aware my roots are horrific, I am coloring my hair today. For those of you who asked, I used Madison Reed hair color and I mix Trieste Red with Venezia Brown for the color I like. And I LOVE Madison Reed and would recommend it to anyone. I am not being paid to say that, I just really love their color & their products!

Okay, well now that you’re properly update with what’s been going on over here, I promise to be back in business with some fun holiday posts coming soon!! Leave me a comment with what you’d like to see on the blog coming up! I love hearing from you!

14 Responses to A little Update

1. grammy goodwill November 20, 2015 at 9:58 am #

I’m sorry to hear about your grandpa. But what a life he must have lived!

• Natalia November 20, 2015 at 10:38 am #

Thank you, I appreciate it! He did live a good life and we all have amazing memories because of him. I am proud to have had him as my grandpa!

2. Lisa November 20, 2015 at 10:09 am #

You look gorg, as usual!

I must say, your hair stylist did go way shorter than you wanted, though. She’s fortunate you’re an easy-going person. She could have lost a ton of business if weren’t. 🙂

I think I’ll show this to my daughter. A sort of, “what NOT to do”! LOL! She’s part of a cosmetology program through her school. I’m enjoying allowing her to practice on me, already!

Anyway, take care and enjoy the “new you”!

• Natalia November 20, 2015 at 10:37 am #

Thank you! Yes, I am pretty easy-going with my hair, it’ll grow back! But a suggestion to your daughter, start longer, you can always go a little shorter but you can’t add the length after!! So fun for you to have a stylist in the family!

3. Heather November 20, 2015 at 10:21 am #

I absolutely LOVE this hair on you!!!! And now I know why my hair didn’t look good like yours when I colored it Trieste red :/

• Natalia November 20, 2015 at 10:36 am #

What do you mean didn’t look as good? I’m sure it looked great! I started with Trieste Red and did that one on it’s own for a while. But then I wanted more of a subtle red so I decided to mix the two. But if you’re looking at older pictures, it was just Trieste Red!

4. Katie November 20, 2015 at 11:06 am #

Even though she didn’t follow the instructions, I think it’s sort of a happy accident that she cut it shorter. It looks really good with your face shape! I think a little longer might have actually looked a little awkward, sort of like you were trying to grow out your hair and it was in that “in-between” phase. But that’s just my opinion.

• Natalia November 20, 2015 at 1:43 pm #

Yes, it is turning out to be kinda fun! Some short hairstyles are gonna be coming to the blog soon!

5. Suzanne November 20, 2015 at 1:15 pm #

I absolutely love your hair!! Maybe it is a little shorter than some of the pictures but it looks amazing anyway:):) Very sassy!!!

• Natalia November 20, 2015 at 1:43 pm #

Thank you! Yes, I agree, I’m liking it short and it’ll be fun to play around with!

6. Jennifer Barcroft November 21, 2015 at 1:46 pm #

I love your haircut. I just recently cut my hair shorter also. I love it but I wish I would have gone shorter. I’m really looking forward to seeing some short hairstyles. I’m sorry for your loss but your grandpa lived a great life. He left behind a great legacy.

• Natalia November 23, 2015 at 11:04 am #

Thank you! He did leave behind a legacy, truly, and I am so honored to be a part of it.
      SO fun with the hair! I can’t wait to get some tutorials up!

7. Stefanie November 25, 2015 at 1:32 am #

I’m very sorry about your granddad… my grandma passed away a couple of weeks ago, aged 93, so I can relate to how you are feeling. My thoughts are with you and your family!

Your hair looks great and if you hadn’t pointed it out I wouldn’t have noticed the roots 😀

• Natalia November 29, 2015 at 8:51 pm #

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma! Even though it does make it easier with them being older, it’s still a tough thing to go through.
      So funny about my hair, I think it’s so obvious!