I cared for my skin from the inside out with Aveeno® Active Naturals as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #Aveeno
Being married to a professional athlete has it’s ups and downs. For starters, I love that my man is always in excellent shape. It’s definitely a great perk. The down side of that is that it’s really hard to keep up! I mean, he gets paid to work out and then there’s me. Working from home, birthed two kids, and all that home/family stuff to take care of. I don’t make it to the gym as much as I want, but I love the way I feel when I’m there on a consistent basis. I want to be healthy and be proud of my body and staying in shape is the best way to do that.
I think two of the biggest things that help me be consistent are setting a time to just get up and go. No matter what, that’s my gym time and whether or not I feel like it, I go. And second of all, it’s nice to always be ready with all the gym bag essentials packed and waiting to go! I’ve been caught too many times drying off with my sweatshirt and leaving the gym with no underwear on. This post just needed to be written.
I’ve partnered with Aveeno® today to bring you my favorite gym bag essentials! Check out the list and make you you stock your gym bag up!
Gym Bag Essentials
- Aveeno® Daily Moisturizing Body Wash – You’ve gotta get in a quick shower after a good work out. The Aveeno® body wash cleanses and moisturizes so your skin will feel great long after you leave the gym. It’s also dye-free, soap-free and hypoallergenic so perfect for sensitive skin! A great way to rejuvenate your skin post workout.
- Refreshing face spray – Refresh your skin after a tough workout with a little spritz all over your skin. It smoothes, softens and calms skin and is a great way to lock in the lock in the moisture from the Aveeno® body wash quickly!
- Towel – Some gyms might supply towels, but trust me, you don’t want to be stuck without it! I play volleyball a couple times a week and on more than one occasion I forgot my towel. I ended up having to dry off with my sweatshirt!
- Water bottle – Obviously you want to stay hydrated before, during and after your work out!
- Brush – A simple brush like the Tangle Teezer is perfect for a gym bag. It’s small, conquers the after-gym tangles and it’s cute!
- Dry Shampoo – Because who has time to wash their hair after every work out? I know I don’t. Nor do I want to! A few spritzes of dry shampoo and you’re good to go!
- CC Cream – I love, love, love my Aveeno® CC Cream and it’s perfect for a 5 minute makeup look which is often all the time you have after a hard workout! Also, who wants to wear heavy foundation after a work out. This CC Cream is enough to even out the skin tone but isn’t heavy at all.
- Ear Buds – Music is a must-have for workouts, it pumps you up and helps pass the time quicker. Definitely make sure you have a pair of headphones or ear buds always handy!
- Lip Balm – I don’t know if there is anything worse than chapped, dry lips. Okay, of course there are worse things, but chapped lips are a bummer. It’s a good idea to have some lip balm in your gym bag at all times to make sure that you’re never have to deal with them!
- Hair ties – Personally I can’t work out with hair in my face. It drives me crazy. And if a hair tie breaks mid-workout, what’s a girl to do? It’s always a good idea to have some extra hair ties in your gym bag just in case!
- Extra socks – No one wants to put on sweaty socks after a work out. Carry a few extra pairs in your bag just in case!
- Face cleansing wipes – These Aveeno® Facial Cleansing wipes are the bomb. A quick couple swipes after a tough workout and your face is clear of sweat and ready to face the day. This also wards off those nasty pimples that might come if you let the sweat sit too long.
- Deodorant – I don’t really need to expand on this one, do I?
- Underwear – I can’t tell you how many times I have caught myself drying off with my sweatshirt (see #3) and going home with no underwear on. I need to just keep a few extra pair in my bag so this doesn’t happen as consistently as it does now…
There you have it! You don’t necessarily need all these things, I think he most important pertain to personal hygiene i.e. the facial wipes, deodorant, the Aveeno® body wash, etc. I love that the Aveeno® body wash helps replenish skin’s natural moisture while cleansing, it definitely helps for healthier-looking skin!
You can basically choose what works for you from this list to create your own gym bag essentials. Hopefully, this has given you some good ideas!
I also created a helpful list of all the gym bag essentials as well, you could even print it off so you can mark things off as you put them in your gym bag. Anything that helps people create a healthier life, I’m all for it. Now you’ll never be caught without underwear again! Just me? Oh…
What do you carry in your gym bag? Any other suggestions you’d add here? I’d love to hear what your gym bag essentials are – leave them in the comments!