Spring is here! I mean, today happens to be cold and rainy, but I know it’s gonna warm up soon! So what a better way to celebrate than with a spring makeup tutorial! Something simple and pretty that you can wear everyday or for a night out. It’s perfect for Easter Sunday or lunch with the girls. I really hope you guys love it!
I used the Naked On the Run palette for this look. I love using palettes because it just simplifies the whole process. All the colors laid out for you right there. You can also create so many different looks from just one palette! Here is the finished look:
Spring makeup tutorial
I know I look rather silly here but do you know how hard it is to take an ‘after’ picture of makeup? I mean, I don’t want to just stare into the camera and I am trying to really showcase how pretty the colors are. Anyway, I have never claimed to be a model, so be gracious!
Here is what you’ll need for this spring makeup tutorial:
- Smashbox Primer
- Bella Pierre Makeup Base
- Naked On the Run Palette (here are my favorite palettes if you’re in the market for one!)
- Laura Mercier Concealer
- Clinique Acne Solutions Foundation (I use the shade Fresh Ivory)
- MAC Mineralized blush in Warm Soul
- Burt’s Bees Lip crayon in Sedona Sands
Now, obviously, you don’t need every single product the exact same as I have used here. I just like to share with you what I use and love so if you’re in the market for it, you can check it out! Now, let’s get started on this spring makeup tutorial!
I have included a picture of the palette and the color I’m using for each individual picture is circled so you can see what’s going where. I also apply my foundation afterwards so that if any of the eye makeup falls during the process, I don’t have to worry about it messing up my already set foundation!
- Start with a fresh, clean, dry face and apply primer all over. I really love how the Smashbox primer goes on. Nice and smooth and sets the whole face ready for makeup.
- Apply the Makeup Base all over your eye lids up to your brow bone. This preps the eye lids for the shadow & helps eliminate creasing throughout the day.
- Apply the lightest cream color all over your lid as a base.
- Start with the outer corners of your eye. Apply the darkest color to the creases being careful not to apply this color too high up or too far in. Keep the darker colors strictly in the outer creases.
- Then take a lighter brown, the one circled in picture 5 or even the lighter one. They are called “Dare” or “Fix” in this palette but any lighter brown will do. Use this color to lightly brush up on the brown bone, but not all the way up to the brows. This helps blend out the darker colors in the crease.
- Apply the pink shimmer color, called “Dive” in this palette, to the lids and blend that out to the darker creases. Keep the inner corners clean right now.
- Then returning back to the lighter color you started with, highlight the inner corners of your eye lids and bring that color up to underneath the brows. This should brighten up the eye while still keeping the pretty, deep browns and pink visible.
- Finish off with eye liner. I love the gel eye liner that comes in the Naked On the Run Palette because it’s a pretty deep brown and glides on so smooth. But your favorite brown eye liner will do. I like brown because it still defines but it’s not as dark as black.
- Finish off the look with some concealer, foundation and blush.
- The lip color I chose is Burt’s Bees lip crayon in Sedona Sands. I love this color because it’s such a pretty, light neutral. Perfect for when you go a little darker on the eyes.
That’s it! What do you think? Is this spring makeup tutorial something you’d give a try? If you don’t have the Naked On the Run palette you can grab it here, or just use the colors you have that are similar to what I’ve used. That’s what is so great about makeup, it’s really like art – however you want to interpret it! Have fun with the colors and discover what works for you!
A look like this will go perfect with a pair of falsies. Yes, fake lashes! I was sent a pair by Esqido and I have created a “how to apply fake lashes tutorial” for you – coming Monday! (Update: see the post here!) The are the most natural looking lashes and definitely the best quality that I’ve ever owned! So I hope you come back Monday to check it out and have a chance to win some for yourself!
Have a great weekend!