Eek, I’m so excited you guys! Today I made 3 different scrubs from things I had in the house to share with you all. A facial scrub, a lip scrub, and a body scrub. They are easy and I’ve tried every one – I LOVE THEM ALL! So I really hope you love them too. The best part is that they will be amazing little gifts for the holidays! Thankfully, none of my European friends read my blog, because this is what they’re getting!!
Today I am going to share the homemade body scrub. I wanted to create something that was a little Christmas-y because, well, the Christmas is coming soon! And even if it’s a month and a half away, the season is here and this one smells YUM-MEE. As my husband said “It’s like Christmas in a bottle!”
Orange Cinnamon Homemade Body Scrub
Doesn’t it look divine? Well, it is divine. This make me excited because often I have these ideas in my head and then I try them and they are major FAILS. Today was win, win, win and that makes me happy! I honestly hope that you guys try these! Not to mention they are so super easy, you probably have everything in your pantry. If not, they’re found easily. I did use essential oils though, but if you don’t have them you can buy them online or you can probably find them at your local health store.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- About a 1/3 cup of Salt – I used a local sea salt from our area that came in that cute container. Salt is great because it is a great exfoliant and also can be rejuvenating and contain minerals that enhance the skin.
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil – I love coconut oil. It leaves your skin feel silky smooth. Not to mention all of it’s benefits for the skin! Read more about it here. Here’s another good article on the benefits of coconut oil.
- 20-30 drops Orange essential oil – This oil is killer on it’s own which is why it makes this scrub down right miraculous! It’s known to provide relief from inflammation, muscle relaxation, and boost immunity to name a few. You can read some more info here.
- 1 tsp Cinnamon – Not only does it make this homemade body scrub smell delicious, it is known to help prevent infection and kill bacteria.
As you can see, with all those amazing benefits, this scrub is killer! Not to mention it smells delicious and is perfection for Christmas season. Couple things first though – don’t use table salt. It’s been processed so much that there aren’t many remaining benefits. Secondly – if you use it in a shower, be very careful! The oil will get on the bottom of your bath and it will be slippery!
Here’s what you do:
- Start by melting the coconut oil. I did this without even boiling water. Just get the hottest sink water you can, fill up a bowl, and then place another bowl in the heated water bowl. Place the coconut oil in the second bowl created a little double broiler. The coconut oil should liquify slowly and it won’t heat up the oil too much.
- Add the orange essential oil. I added quite a bit because I wanted the orange smell to shine through. About 20-30 drops depending on your preferences.
- While the coconut oil is cooling off, mix the sea salt with the cinnamon.
- Once mixed, add the salt/cinnamon mixture to the oil and stir until all blended. Put it in the container you want and voila, you’ve got a homemade body scrub!!
I am so excited for you guys to try this one! I think you’ll love it. Unless, of course, you don’t like oranges or cinnamon. Then you probably won’t like it. In that case, stay tuned for next week when I share a new scrub! Or you could pass this one on to a friend who you know would enjoy it. I’d appreciate that one. 🙂
Hope you guys liked it and get to try it or maybe even create some to give to friends for simple Christmas gifts. Never too early to get started!
So, are you gonna give this one a try?
**I buy my essential oils via Spark Naturals online. You can just buy and not have to sign up to sell them or anything. If you’d like to grab some, use the code NOUVELLE at check out for 20% off! Thanks for supporting Ma Nouvelle Mode!**