Casual Day & Fair Trade

Natalia’s my name and easy mom fashion’s my game.

Yep. You read that right. I like comfort. I like style. I like sweats. I like fashion. Do they go together, you ask? Well, let’s make them, I say. Let’s make them.

easy mom fashion

I am basically wearing Nordstrom Rack. Joe’s Jeans which were waaaaaay more than I usually spend on jeans. Heck, more than I’ve ever spent on jeans. In my life. But they’re super comfy and they’re kinda a mom skinny jean. A skinny jean that’s not for truly skinny gals, like myself. I’ve got some meat on my thighs and I really don’t want all the pretty little dimples (sarcasm) showing through. Yaknowwhaddamean?

I found the shirt on the sales rack which is a great place to shop while at Nordstrom. It’s nice and flowy and doesn’t hug my ‘where my babies were kept’ area.

easy mom style

It seems as though my style has been changing as I grow older. It’s weird getting older because you have to accept that you are in some areas, but you really can’t allow yourself to act too old because then you’ll be too old, ya know? I’m such a philosopher today. You didn’t know you were gonna have to think when reading my posts, did you?

faire trade necklace

This beautiful little necklace is the only thing I’m wearing that didn’t come from Nordstrom. It came from a company called Faire Collection (you can find the exact one here still available!). I wore a beautiful necklace of theirs a while back and they recently sent me this one from their new collection. Isn’t it gorgeous? Delicate and beautiful, I love it. Can you believe that it’s handmade jewelry too? So amazing someone can do that.

Faire Collection, founded by Amanda Judge, works with artisan partners around the world to help them create better lives for themselves and their families. Fair trade principles give these artisan partners the tools they need to succeed. Tools like training programs, scholarship programs, mentorships, and much more. You can read more about it here.

casual mom fashion

Honestly, I love writing about these companies. I’m totally inspired. Since apparently I don’t have the brain capacity to come up with and run a company like this, I want to do my part to support them via this blog. I know, not really all that heroic, don’t start calling me super woman or anything… But you could go check them out to make me feel like I’m doing my part! 🙂

But really, I super duper love you guys who take the time to come here and read and are a part of my little community. You’re what makes me want to come back day after day. Mad love to ya’ll!!

Have a good one!

17 Responses to Casual Day & Fair Trade

1. Kilee September 10, 2014 at 5:21 am #

Love this look! I’m all about comfortable mom style too and you nailed it- not to mention holy perfect hair! Can’t wait to meet you next week!

Kilee

• Natalia September 11, 2014 at 12:32 am #

Thank you! And YES I cannot wait!! I’m getting a bit nervous because I have long travel days but I know once I’m there it will be amazing!

2. Ellie Kodia September 10, 2014 at 8:18 am #

That necklace is SO gorgeous. Will definitely check out Faire Collection! Also, this post was hilarious. xo

• Natalia September 11, 2014 at 12:31 am #

Thank you! Glad you’ll be checking out their collection, I’ve loved my necklace so far! Glad you got a good laugh too, sometimes I’m just so goofy!

3. Audrey September 10, 2014 at 9:26 am #

Love this look! I got myself a pair of J Brands the other day – they also cost too much, but they fit so beautifully that I’m having trouble regretting it. I love the purple nailpolish too.
    xoxo
    Audrey

• Natalia September 11, 2014 at 12:30 am #

I feel the same way. My husband was a little shocked at what I spent over all, but that’s a good way of putting it – I’m having a difficult time regretting it!

4. Jess September 10, 2014 at 12:16 pm #

I love your hair. You look beautiful, casual chic! The jeans look great on you!!
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess

• Natalia September 11, 2014 at 12:29 am #

Thank you! The Jeans are so stinking comfy, love it!

5. Katie September 10, 2014 at 1:50 pm #

I LOVE that look! It’s totally me. You look very put together, but I’m sure everything is super comfy. Question for you too – my hair is getting REALLY long and I love it, but I’m having trouble knowing what to do with it. Got some easy fall looks for long hair?

• Natalia September 11, 2014 at 12:28 am #

That sounds like a good post to write! Thanks for the idea! Braids are always fun, have you tried the 4 strand braid? Also, tomorrow I have a fun one that would be perfect! I’ll keep that in mind though when I’m creating tutorials!

6. On Hayden Lane September 10, 2014 at 3:28 pm #

You’re working that well and your hair is to die for!

Nell
    On Hayden Lane

7. Jenna September 11, 2014 at 7:01 am #

LOVE your hair. So gorgeous! This outfit is effortlessly casual-chic.

xoxo jenna @ sincerely jenna marie

PS- make sure and stop by on Thursdays to link up!

8. Marta September 11, 2014 at 7:02 am #

I totally hear you on having comfort & style meet! As a mom that’s so important to me too & you definitely made this cute causal outfit look very chic! Effortless looks like this are my fave. I found you on the Tres-Chic link-up:)

Marta

9. Happiness at Mid Life September 11, 2014 at 8:37 pm #

I love this laid back chic look! I don’t know why but I rarely shop at Nordstrom rack. I see a lot of bloggers finding great deals there. Every time I go to my local store, the line is insane so I just leave the store empty handed.

Thank you so much for linking up today and I hope to see you next week!

Alice