Summer Lipstick Colors

If you’ve been reading around here for any amount of time, you might know that I love lipstick. Particularly bright, fun colors, but really lipstick in general. It can add so much to a makeup look or even be the look all together! So I’ve picked out some of my favorite summer lipstick colors for you to give a try!

Summer Lipstick Colors you want to try!

Summer lipstick colors every girl needs to try

Now let me be clear, there really aren’t any ‘rules’ to which summer lipstick color you can wear. However, summer is generally associated with bright, fun things, so why shouldn’t our lip colors be the same?

Red can be an intimidating color. One that you might think “it looks great on her, but I could never wear it.” Not true, ladies! There’s a red for everyone! When choosing the reds for this collection I chose brighter, orange-ish reds as opposed to deeper reds. It’ll brighten up your entire makeup look and will go with more all together.

I’ve talked about rocking a pink lipstick before and gave lots of options because man, it’s a pretty and makes a perfect summer lipstick color! I went with brighter pinks here because even though a subdued, pastel pink is pretty, I like to turn it up in the summer! Now is the time to try a bright pink!

I chose two orange lip colors, one is more of a true orange because that is a fun new trend and another one that’s a mix of orange and pink. Maybe for those ladies that are a little shy about trying an orange lipstick, this would be a good transition!

I had to add some nude lip colors because even during summer you might want to rock a smokey eye or fun, vibrant eye makeup. In this case, the nude lipstick would be perfect. You still want something on your lips, but you want your eye shadow to shine!

summer lipsticks to try

1. Revlon Super Lustrous in Fire and Ice – $4.99
  2. Laura Mercier in Truly Red – $24
  3. NYX Matte in Sweet Pink – $6
  4. Smashbox “Be Legandary” Lipstick in Melondrama – $20
  5. TopShop in Infrared – $16
  6. MAC in Vegas Volt – $16
  7. Dior in Trompe L’Oeil 123 – $34
  8. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Athens – $6

I tried to include all different kinds of brands because I know we’ve got a lot of different kinds of ladies reading! MAC is a personal favorite and I also wear my Revlon a lot. But all the brands mentioned are great!

So tell me, what’s your favorite summer lipstick color?

Me, it’s the bright pink!

, ,

8 Responses to Summer Lipstick Colors

1. Niki June 16, 2014 at 6:51 am #

I love the shade of that Infared lipstick! I haven’t tried any Topshop lipsticks yet!

• Natalia June 20, 2014 at 8:24 am #

I know, that Infared looks gorgeous! I definitely need to add more to my collection, can’t get enough of fun lipsticks!

2. Kimmy June 16, 2014 at 10:11 am #

This post just cemented by need for Vegas Volt which I have been eyeing for months now! 🙂

• Natalia June 20, 2014 at 8:23 am #

Oh my gosh, that would look so fabulous on you!! Get it!

3. Dana June 16, 2014 at 8:29 pm #

I love lipstick. I remember watching my mother and grandmother carefully apply various shades of bright pink lipstick before they were going out. Even if they had no other make-up on, lipstick was was worn.
    When I got older, I just wore lip gloss or a lip balm, mainly due to a lack of confidence. Boring story.
    Anyhoo, my favorite color is a peachy pink or a pinky peach with a touch of blue. Yes, blue lipstick that I mix in with a peach and a pink.
    Being brave and trying lots of colors until you decide with looks good on you and you feel comfortable with seems to be the key to finding your color. The wrong color can be easily wiped off, and you can try another color or shade almost immediately. It’s not like the wrong hair color or the worst of the worst, a bad hair cut.
    I love your blog, and I have learned a lot despite being 20 years older than you. It’s what I love about the internet–you can learn from someone who lives far away and has a vastly different life.

• Natalia June 20, 2014 at 8:22 am #

I love this! Who knew blue with pink? I’m sure it’s so pretty. I totally agree, finding the right color & then confidence to wear it comes with just trying it! There is a color out there for everyone! Lipstick does add so much to a look, it’s got to at least be an option. Thanks for commenting, I love hearing from people!! And just from this one comment, I have also learned from you! The internet is a very cool thing! 🙂

4. alicia June 20, 2014 at 5:22 pm #

Lipstick is one of my favorite things ever, also. I much prefer it over lip gloss. I’m starting to break out my tomato orange lip colors for summer and I’m so excited! haha. xo

• Natalia June 21, 2014 at 9:35 am #

Love it! Woman after my own heart!! Gotta love the fun summer colors!