Vanilla Latte Homemade Sugar Scrub

So lately I’ve been playing with homemade products. I’ve made a foot scrub, face wash from oils, and — what I’m going to share today — homemade sugar scrub! It’s so easy I almost feel bad posting about it. But everyone has to start somewhere, and if you’re one who just likes to be told what to put together, then this is perfect for you.

All of the ingredients for this homemade sugar scrub you’ll find in your pantry, I guarantee it. Also you’ll see why I called this a ‘vanilla latte’!

Vanilla Latte Homemade Sugar Scrub

easy homemade sugar scrub

Here is what you’ll need for your very own homemade sugar scrub:

• Ground coffee (I used whole beans & grind them myself)
  • Brown Sugar
  • Baking Soda
  • Oil of your choice
  • Vanilla extract
  • Cinnamon (optional)

You guys, it’s this simple – add all the dry ingredients and mix until they’re all blended. Then drizzle in the oil until you get the consistency you want. I used 1/4 cup of each coffee grounds and brown sugar, 1 tsp of baking soda, 1 tsp of vanilla extract (adjust to the scent of your liking) and about 1/4 olive oil because that was the best oil I had on hand. You can adjust the amount of olive oil to fit the texture you want. I drizzled mine in until I was happy with it.

ingredients

Here’s why I choose these ingredients:

• Coffee Grinds: I used coffee as the base for this homemade sugar scrub for your body because it’s known to reduce inflammation, get rid of cellulite (even if just temporarily), and has been linked to reducing skin cancer.
  • Brown Sugar: It’s funny because I high sugar diet obviously isn’t that great for you, but topically it’s actually good for you! Sugar moisturizes, it breaks down the cells and regenerates the skin, and exfoliates! Brown sugar isn’t as harsh as refined white sugar so it can be used on your face, but paired with coffee, which is a little more harsh, this particular homemade sugar scrub is a body scrub.
  • Baking Soda: This adds to the exfoliation and also helps with cleansing. You don’t need a lot of it, you already have other exfoliates, this just adds a little extra.
  • Cinnamon: This yummy spice is known to help prevent infection and kill bacteria. You should not add cinnamon directly to your skin, it could result in a burning sensation. It also gives a yummy smell!
  • Olive Oil: It is great for dry skin as it moisturizes and isn’t know to cause allergic reactions. It also is known to protect your skin from sun damage.
  • Vanilla Extract: For the scent!

vanilla latte sugar scrub final

Aren’t those labels cute? My mom at Pomegranate Paper Company hooked me up. She’s super talented for sure.

These are perfect for yourself or little gifts for friends. Just fill up a small mason jar, slap a cute label on and you’re good to go! It’s also perfect for this summer as the weather gets hotter and dryer.

I hope you like this Vanilla Latte Homemade Sugar Scrub!

homemade sugar scrub

Have a great day!

Some similar posts you might like:

3 ingredient peppermint lip scrub

Peppermint Lip Scrub

Cinnamon orange homemade body scrub

Orange Cinnamon Body Scrub

coconut lime homemade foot scrub

Coconut lime foot scrub

Natalia

Natalia

Owner & Author
Natalia is a mom to two crazy boys and wife to one handsome dude. She lives in France part of the year where her husband plays professional basketball, but she hails from Southern California. The hubs was born & raised in Nassau, Bahamas, which makes them an intercultural, interracial family traveling the globe together since 2007. She loves to cook (but mostly eat), hang with her fam, be adventurous, & find ways to stay girlie in a house full of men. On her site you can find loads of hair tutorials, makeup ideas, & fashion tips for the everyday woman. She believes that beauty and fashion don't have to be intimidating and that every woman should learn to embrace her own beauty.
Natalia
Natalia
Natalia
Natalia

Latest posts by Natalia (see all)

51 Responses to Vanilla Latte Homemade Sugar Scrub

1. The Domestic Fringe June 5, 2014 at 3:30 am #

That looks SO good and I’m sure it smells amazing! Pinned. I’ve gotta try this.

• Natalia June 5, 2014 at 6:26 am #

It really was a yummy scrub and so easy to make!! Thanks for pinning :)

• Rachel July 17, 2014 at 5:34 am #

How do you apply this scrub? Thanks!

• Natalia July 17, 2014 at 4:42 pm #

You can use this scrub on your hands or other parts of your body. Just apply it, rub it in a bit and then rinse it off! Very simple! Good luck!

2. Hannah Atkinson June 5, 2014 at 5:21 am #

This sounds amazing!! I think I’ll make some and put it in my shower. Thanks for the recipe! :)

• Natalia June 5, 2014 at 6:25 am #

Thank you, I’m glad you liked it!! It’s really a fin, easy recipe! :)

3. Niki June 5, 2014 at 7:54 am #

This sounds incredible!

• Natalia June 11, 2014 at 8:43 pm #

It really is lovely!! Smells great and makes your hands feel awesome!

4. Kimmy June 5, 2014 at 10:21 am #

This looks delicious, after reading I had to get a cup of coffee with extra cream, lol. I would totally buy that product! This inspired me to finally get to work on posting my little tidbit about a home hair remedy I’ve been using. :-) Thanks.

• Natalia June 8, 2014 at 11:23 am #

mmmmm coffee…. I know, it makes you want a vanilla latte, doesn’t it?? Can’t wait to read about your hair remedy. I’m always looking for new ones!

• Kimmy June 8, 2014 at 7:42 pm #

I plan to post in next week, will let you know. :)

5. Savannah July 7, 2014 at 7:55 am #

This looks like a great sugar scrub and I’m excited to make it. One thing I didn’t see though, was how much cinnamon you used. It says optional and I’d love to use it, but you didn’t mention how much you used. If you could let me know how much you used that’d be great!

• Natalia July 7, 2014 at 3:40 pm #

Whoops! Sorry about that! I would put about 1/2 teaspoon. Cinnamon can cause redness and even irritate skin if you have sensitive skin. So it’s best to start with less and put a little more if you feel like it after! Good luck!

6. Joi August 19, 2014 at 1:28 pm #

I’ve already made a sample of this and it’s great! I plan to use it as an activity for my MOPS group. Do you know what size jar you have there? I have it stored in a 4oz jar, and the oil keeps spilling out, so I’m thinking I need to go up at least to a 6oz container, or maybe 8?

• Natalia August 20, 2014 at 2:34 pm #

I don’t know what size jar I have actually, that would have been helpful information! But that’s a great idea, doing it for a MOPS group, and I’m sure the ladies would be happy to have it!

7. Natalie September 20, 2014 at 4:21 pm #

Link to Pomegranate Paper Company didn’t work.

8. Jewelle October 3, 2014 at 2:25 am #

Can u please tell me How long these can last? Going to try this :)

• Natalia October 10, 2014 at 2:30 pm #

Oh gosh, I don’t know exactly!! I would keep it in a cool, dry place and I’d say about 3 months? Sorry, I’ll do some research on it!

9. Brittney October 19, 2014 at 10:22 am #

Has anyone tried used coffee grounds with this recipe?

10. Kayla December 2, 2014 at 9:22 pm #

Is this scrub okay to use on your face as well?

• Natalia December 4, 2014 at 1:12 pm #

You can, but the coffee grinds will leave a little bit of a tint on your face. So maybe not the best idea. But everything else is okay. Even the cinnamon is good for your skin – not too much, but it’s good. If you don’t leave it on too long, it should be food for your face! I have another scrub up on the blog recently that is specifically for your face if you’re interested! Here it is: http://manouvellemode.com/2014/12/02/diy-facial-oil-cleansing-scrub/

11. Meg December 10, 2014 at 11:28 am #

Do you have measurements for the dry ingredients?

• Natalia March 19, 2015 at 7:04 am #

Sorry this is such a late reply, I just now saw this comment, but the amounts for the dry ingredients are in the paragraph after in ingredients. Hope this helps!

12. teresa December 21, 2014 at 2:18 pm #

It states 1/4 olive oil. Is that a 1/4 cup, 1/4 tsp, 1/4 tbsp?!?!?! Am I missing that somewhere?

• Natalia March 19, 2015 at 7:00 am #

Sorry, I meant 1/4 cup. I am sorry I didn’t see this comment until now!! It got approved before I read it! Hope this helps!

13. SuesAkornShop March 10, 2015 at 12:16 pm #

This looks absolutely wonderful!

14. Hannah March 19, 2015 at 6:53 am #

This looks wonderful! Thank you for such detailed instructions and the extra little facts about every ingredient! Love it! What has your experience been with the “shelf life” of this?

• Natalia March 19, 2015 at 7:06 am #

Depends on the coffee grounds, vanilla extract and oil you use. Check out the shelf life of those and that will give you an idea. Vitamin e acts as a natural preservative, so you can always add a capsule or two for a longer shelf life. It’s good for your skin too!

15. Angelique April 11, 2015 at 9:00 am #

Hi, this is a lovely scrub-I am just wondering if you rinse it in the shower would it clogg up the pipe

• Natalia April 15, 2015 at 6:20 am #

The coffee grounds are pretty small, it shouldn’t clog it up. Unless, of course, you’re doing it rather often. Then maybe I would rinse over the sink with a garbage disposal. That is, if you’re doing your hands/arms! I think you should be fine in the shower :)

16. Alexandria Powell April 16, 2015 at 11:25 am #

Love the vanilla latte scrub idea! I recently made a rose petal scrub and love it. These scrubs are so amazing for shaving and leave your skin silky smooth.

• Natalia April 17, 2015 at 3:41 am #

Yes, isn’t that great?! The rose petal scrub sounds fantastic, I’ll have to check that out. Thanks for your comment! :)

17. Julie November 10, 2015 at 5:47 pm #

I just made this tonight and I am very pleased! I used it at the end of my shower and rinsed really well. I think I will make it again. :)
    It was a bit messy in the shower but I expected that. Also smelled AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing!

• Natalia November 12, 2015 at 11:15 am #

Oh good, I am so glad you liked it!! Thanks for your comment!

18. Cora May 20, 2016 at 8:51 am #

Hi Natalia!

Here I am going into your archives, but I discovered you via this post on pinterest and LOVED this idea so much I made my own. It is so yummy on the skin! I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your recipe and would love if you took at look at my version on my blog http://www.lipstickwithcoffee.com! I am also looking forward to trying your peppermint lip scrub.

Thanks for the inspiration! I’ll be reading :)

Corazón

• Natalia May 23, 2016 at 9:24 am #

I’ll go check out your version right now! Thanks for the compliment! :)

19. Ema July 2, 2016 at 3:48 am #

Can we get ur labels :)

• Natalia July 19, 2016 at 11:11 am #

I’m so sorry, we don’t have them anymore!!

1. DIY Coconut Lime Foot Scrub | Ma Nouvelle ModeMa Nouvelle Mode - June 12, 2014

[…] Vanilla Latte Homemade Sugar Scrub […]

2. Homemade Oil Cleansing Method Face Wash | Ma Nouvelle ModeMa Nouvelle Mode - June 24, 2014

[…] Homemade Vanilla Latte Sugar Scrub […]

3. 30+ Homemade Body Scrubs - A Spectacled Owl - February 23, 2015

[…] Vanilla Latte Sugar Scrub from Ma Nouvelle Mode […]

4. Winter is Coming… | - March 24, 2015

[…] Home Made Scrub, http://manouvellemode.com/2014/06/05/vanilla-latte-homemade-sugar-scrub […]

5. 30 All Natural Homemade Scrub Recipes - Beauty in the Mess - May 19, 2015

[…] Vanilla Latte Sugar Scrub […]

6. Gemaakt en getest: Home Made Bodyscrub | Elke plukt de dag! - June 13, 2015

[…] Het recept wat ik hierboven heb beschreven is een vrije interpretatie van de beschrijving op deze pagina: http://manouvellemode.com/2014/06/05/vanilla-latte-homemade-sugar-scrub/ […]

7. 33 DIY Body Scrubs to Exfoliate and Moisturize Your Skin Without Harmful Chemicals - July 30, 2015

[…] Scrub – Nomnomnom. I want to EAT this scrub. Wonderfully delicious, great holiday gift. Vanilla Latte Scrub – Finally take a bath in that Starbucks latte. Chocolate Scrub – Do you love chocolate? […]

8. DIY Holiday Scrubs - November 9, 2015

[…] Vanilla Latte Coffee Scrub via Ma Nouvelle Mode […]

9. 33 Easy DIY Sugar Scrubs - ImperfectWife.com - December 7, 2015

[…] Vanilla Latte- Ma Nouvelle Mode […]

10. 17 Uses for Used Coffee Grounds Simplistically Living - February 25, 2016

[…] Wow, I would never have thought about this Vanilla Latte Sugar Scrub! […]

11. 50+ All Natural, Inexpensive DIY Sugar Scrubs - My Joy-Filled Life - May 30, 2016

[…] Vanilla Latte Sugar Scrub – Ma Nouvelle Mode […]