How to Wear Soft Pants

Okay guys, my life has been a whirlwind. My husband played a very important match May 23rd that if they won they moved up a division. They won! Saturday we had a basketball tournament for my son and then finished packing our whole life and heading to the airport. We stayed at a hotel by the airport that night because we had to get up at 4:30 to get to the airport for a 6:30 flight. Four big bags, three carry on bags, two crazy boys and one tired momma.  Then spent the next 20 hours traveling – stopping in Paris for 4 or 5 hours, then home to LA. We went straight to a BBQ with our church because we needed to stay awake. I unpacked and repacked a suitcase because early Monday morning I headed out to Texas for the JC Penney event (I’ll share more about that later). I was a pretty incredible couple days and I headed back on Thursday. Since Thursday I’ve been trying to recover. Resting & working & getting my kids adjusted.

Phew!!!

But thank goodness, we’re back to normal. Whatever normal is for us. We’re not a very ‘normal’ family, that’s for sure!

So, while I was at the JC Penney headquarters they talked a lot about fall fashion trends for men and women. It was really fun and interesting and I ended up buying two of the trends while I was there! I thought it would be fun to share those trends with you all!

**I am a JC Penney ambassador and will be working with them over the next 9 months or so. While I will be creating sponsored content for them, this is not a sponsored post. I just really love my soft pants!**

Soft Pants

Soft Pants

So what are the ‘soft pants’ you say? Well, they are really lightweight, soft pants that tend to be tapered at the bottom with a fitted waist just above the hips. You guys, they’re like pajamas that are acceptable in public. It’s really a fabulous thing. If you never felt comfortable wearing leggings, these babies are for you.

So I wanted to show you a few ways you can wear the soft pant look.

You Fancy, huh?

how to wear track pants dressed up

Believe it or not, this trend can be worn fancy! I paired my soft pants with one of my favorite StitchFix tops and some strappy heels and bam, I’m all dressed up! The fit is loose enough to give you the choice to wear fitted or flowy tops. I do think you don’t want too much ‘flowy’ or overly baggy as to not actually look like a bag lady, but this top is fitted-flowy. It works.

With Booties

how to wear track pants with booties

I know we’re headed into summer and booties are being left behind with winter, but I wanted to include this to show how versatile they are. I also do want to clarify that  they look best with low booties. Unless you can roll the pants, ankle booties just have too much going on right around that area and it’s not nearly as cute.

Casual

how to wear track pants casually

I know you were all waiting for it! Yes, they still look (and feel!) fabulous worn super casually. I wore this exact outfit on my flight home from Dallas and I never wanted to change. Perfect for a travel day too, lightweight and comfortable.

So what kind of blogger would I be if I didn’t leave you with some affordable soft pant choices? A bad one, that’s what kind. So I rounded up a few of my favorites, printed & solids for you to shop around. And they’re all under $50! Because who wants to add an expensive trend they’re not sure about? I thought so.

how to rock a soft pant
  1. By and By Aztec Print Soft Pants: $46 (on sale for $24.99)
  2. MNG by Mango Denim Soft Pant: $35
  3. Floral Soft Pant: $29.90
  4. Color Block ‘track’ pants: $44 (on sale for $21.99)
  5. Prairie Floral Soft Pant: $24.90
  6. Pleated Cuffed Soft Pants: $40
  7. Bisou Bisou Soft Pant: $4 (on sale $29.99)
  8. Solid Soft Pant: $19.98

Well, I think that’s enough to get you started!

What do you think, is this trend a yay or nay for you?

16 Responses to How to Wear Soft Pants

1. Lee June 4, 2014 at 6:02 am #

This is a great tutorial! Awesome pants.
    xo, Lee

• Natalia June 4, 2014 at 10:57 am #

Thank you! they are really so comfy! 🙂

2. Liz @ Blue Eyed Owl June 4, 2014 at 9:05 am #

I’m all over this trend. I have a black pair, a navy pair, and a creamy linen pair already. I’m searching for a great patterned pair next!

• Natalia June 4, 2014 at 10:56 am #

Love it! I know I need to stock up on some more!

3. Beth June 4, 2014 at 1:35 pm #

I was looking for a pair of pants I could dress up to wear to my part time teaching job, yet be able to put on a tshirt with and take my kids to the park. Went and bought a pair today! Thanks for the post.

• Natalia June 5, 2014 at 6:28 am #

Oh yay, glad you loved them! What did you get a print or a solid? You’ll live in them, I swear! 🙂

4. Lana June 4, 2014 at 3:08 pm #

Just reading about your week made me tired! How fun though. I’m still on the fence with this trend. I think it looks great on everyone else – but I’m not sure about me yet. I guess I need to actually try a pair on. Have a great week!

• Natalia June 5, 2014 at 6:27 am #

Yes, that’s probably it, once you try them on I think you’ll see, so soft and comfy, you’ve gotta make it work! Hope you get a chance to try them!

5. Agi June 5, 2014 at 7:10 am #

Sounds like a lot of fun and craziness all at the same time. I’m starting to like soft pants. Love the ones you styled.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

• Natalia June 11, 2014 at 8:44 pm #

These are super comfortable and a favorite for sure!!

6. HappinessSavouredHot June 7, 2014 at 10:23 am #

Thank you for writing this very useful post! I am a jeans kind of girl and knew nothing about how to wear soft pants. Now I’m enlightened. 🙂

• Natalia June 8, 2014 at 11:19 am #

Oh girl, this is just for you then, I promise. You’ll love them! A great way to mix things up a bit too!

7. Gina @ Oaxacaborn June 8, 2014 at 8:41 am #

Oh yes. I bought a crazy patterned pair from JCP and I <3 them. Never want to take them off. Been wearing mine with metallic huaraches and a simple black tank…so fun and COMFY!

• Natalia June 8, 2014 at 11:17 am #

Yes, I love them! You could live in them, can’t you? I want to get some funky ones next for sure.

8. Melanie July 24, 2014 at 8:17 pm #

Just bought a black and white patterned pair with a tuxedo stripe from JCP. I wanted something to go with my long crochet and cotton tank. I think with a heel they will be perfect for dinner out with my husband. I am also the mom of two boys. I can relate to your quest to stay feminine in a world of men. Mine are 16 and 20. Miss the wonderful chaos of those earlier years.

• Natalia July 25, 2014 at 11:43 pm #

Oh that makes me feel a little emotional! Thinking of my kids a lot older like that 🙂 I will definitely miss the chaos years for sure. The pants are great, aren’t they? So comfy and extra cute. Glad you liked them!