Before I get to the fun part, a beautiful bridal hairstyle, let me tell you about my major Mom fail yesterday. The ‘call in case something happens’ sheet at my kids school wasn’t up to date. Both my husband and I had changed phones and didn’t think to change it with the school. Yes, I know, MAJOR parenting fail. But I have never once been called to pick my kids up for being sick, I just didn’t think about it! Oh and to top it off, I leave for vacation tomorrow to visit friends on the other side of France. I’m a little worried to say the least because little man actually threw up at school and then again at home. I haven’t been feeling so hot, but I thought it was just me being over tired. Gosh I hope I don’t get it completely too.
Well, shoot, that’s not a good way to start a Friday! Let’s try again!
Today I’ve got a fun side swept bridal hairstyle for you! It’s been a while since I have posted any hairstyles and sheesh, I’m such a slacker! Actually, I’m not, I promise, I’ve been absolutely overloaded with my school & everything. It’s been a very busy semester! But alas, I have one today and for that I am proud. 🙂
Side Swept Bridal Hairstyle
I figured it would be fun to share some bridal hairstyles with you. We are coming up into wedding season, aren’t we? This style can be worn as a guest, bridesmaid or even a bride! It’s pretty simple, so it could be done yourself or by a hair savvy friend. I’m gonna go through what you need, etc. and there’s a video at the end showing you how it’s done!
What you’ll need:
- Root lifting spray – My favorite is Big Sexy Hair but I also love (and use) Pantene ProV
- Mousse – Pantene ProV or Biologe Mousse
- Smooth serum – I love Orofludio, Pantene & Suave (read some more about Suave here and here.)
- Heat protecting spray – Chi Thermal Guard is great
- Curling iron – I used this clipless one with 4 interchangeable barrels.
- Bobby pins – these are my favorites
- Teaser comb – I use one like this
- Hair Spray – Redken is my favorite, Kenra is next
You most certainly don’t absolutely need all these things. The style can most likely be done without some of them. However, if you want the maximum results, good product is a must!! If you wonder why hair styles don’t work on your hair and you don’t use product, that could be why!
I’m gonna lead into the video because I started after my hair was already curled etc. for the sake of time. Here’s a break down of what I did before the video starts.
- Shower (shocker, I know!)
- Add root pump to roots and rub in
- Add mousse to the rest of the hair
- Add a few spritzes of smoothing serum from half way down the hair shaft to the ends
- Flip my head over and blow dry for maximum volume
- Spritz each piece with a heat protecting spray before curling.
- Curl hair with my 1 inch curling iron away from my face, starting at the bottom & working my way up. Here’s a video.
That’s it, now you’re ready to start the video! Remember, if this is an every day look you can most definitely by pass some of those steps. I would say the mousse and the shining spray. But for a special occasion, try them all.
Ready to get started? Here ya go!