Simple Everyday Makeup Tips

Do you have time to put on a full face of makeup everyday? If you answered yes, well then, good for you. You’re pretty awesome and you should stay that  way.

Me however, well, I’m just not that on top of things. I am pretty busy + not being a great manager of time = running late in the mornings. Anyone else? I know there’s got to be a few of you who are nodding your heads so I’ll go on. 🙂

Even though I don’t have time every day to put on foundation, concealer, eye shadow, mascara… etc. etc. I do still try to do enough so that the tired that I am doesn’t show through as much to my face. I thought I would share a few makeup tips that you may or may not do to make those mornings when you’re in a rush easier. These are in the order of importance. If I have more time, I do them all, if I’m pressed for time, I start with the first one and work my way down until I have to scram!

4 simple makeup tips

Mascara

Never leave home without it, ladies! It’s amazing how something as simple as mascara can brighten up your eyes. It takes maybe a minute to apply and BAM you’re one step closer to not looking like a zombie. Of course I’m referring to myself here. I’m sure you ladies look fabulous without it!

Case in point:

mascara

Just so you know, this picture is slightly embarrassing but it is completely untouched. I feel like most of the time everyone puts their best out there, but that’s not always real life. It’s okay for everyone to know we have imperfections. We’ve all got them! Anyway, as you can see from this bad cell phone picture, mascara is so simple and yet makes a ton of difference. The eye without it looks like it got punched. The eye with it looks a little less tired and more bright.

Gosh, whoever invented mascara… Can I give you a hug?

Foundation/BB Cream

I know, I know, who has time for foundation every single morning? Well, to be quite honest, if I’m going out to school or have something to do, I make time for it. But as the weather warms up I don’t like to wear a heavy foundation. Another amazing option is BB Cream or tinted moisturizer. You just rub it on like regular lotion and you’re good to go. It obviously isn’t as great of coverage as a true foundation, but it’ll do the trick and even out your skin tone more. I use CoverGirl CG Smoothers or Pond’s BB Cream.

Strong Eyeliner

natalia 040

With a good eyeliner you can conquer the world, right? It’s a must for me just after mascara. You can rub on some brown for a natural look or wing it out with a solid black. Either way, eyeliner is a simple way to look a little more put together without a ton of effort. In the picture above I’m wearing foundation, eyeliner and lipstick. That’s it! It’s a great 5-minute routine for sure.

Lipstick

add lipstick

A little lipstick can go a long way! These two pictures are exactly the same except one I have on lipstick. That’s it. Doesn’t it make a lot of difference? It doesn’t have to be a bold color (although you know I love them!) just a little color to bring together the whole look.

Well, there you have it. Things that can be done every day, don’t take a ton of time, and have you looking fab and feeling better about yourself.

18 Responses to Simple Everyday Makeup Tips

1. The Domestic Fringe April 7, 2014 at 7:12 am #

I love a quick face and for me, mascara is a must. I’m not even sure I have eyelashes without mascara. 😉
    ~FringeGirl

• Natalia April 8, 2014 at 1:24 pm #

Seriously! I look dead without it!

2. Amanda April 8, 2014 at 9:50 pm #

You are so gorgeous! Thanks for these tips!

• Natalia April 9, 2014 at 10:48 am #

Thank you! Glad you liked them!

3. Sara Arrigoni April 9, 2014 at 7:13 am #

Do you have a favorite mascara? I am a mascara junkie. 🙂

• Natalia April 9, 2014 at 9:26 am #

Yes! I love Voluminous by L’Oreal. Get it at Target (or any drugstore) too!

4. Niki C. April 9, 2014 at 10:27 am #

These are great tips! I need mascara all day every day!

• Natalia April 13, 2014 at 6:56 am #

Oh my goodness yes, I look like a zombie without it!

5. jelli April 16, 2014 at 7:50 am #

Natalia, it’s obnoxious how much of a difference these little things make! They really take your look to “wow!” so easily. I’d love to know your top picks for doing winged black eyeliner, like in the photo you showed. I bought my first recently and it was all plastic-y and pulled off in strings. I bought a top-notch pencil liner to replace it and it just isn’t as bright and bold. All suggestions for good liquid liner appreciated!

• Natalia April 17, 2014 at 3:11 am #

I know, I wish I could never wear makeup and look like I was! WOuldn’t that be nice. But at least there is makeup & I don’t have to look like a zombie all of the time! For liquid eye liner – the best I have found is called Eyeko. I got it in a Birchbox a while ago and it’s amazing. Totally smudge proof and goes on nice and smooth. It’s got a pointed tip so you can do a beautiful cat eye or just regular liner. Looks like you can find it at Sephora! Here’s a link if that helps: http://popsu.gr/scKi Good luck!

6. KimW April 23, 2014 at 3:32 am #

awesome tips! Would love to know your lipstick color – it is really pretty!

• Natalia May 5, 2014 at 8:11 am #

I’m pretty sure it’s the fuchsia shock by Revlon. It’s a really pretty color!

7. Monique May 2, 2014 at 8:49 am #

Thanks for the tips, I have been afraid of foundation for years and I am so happy I found BB cream, it is so simple and does help even out skin tone.

• Natalia May 5, 2014 at 8:00 am #

Yes, it totally does. It’s great for a less is more day. Simple like putting on lotion but definitely helps even out the skin!

8. Kim July 27, 2014 at 8:05 pm #

Love these quick tips. Can you tell me how you curl your lashes? I’ve bought every expensive curler (Shu Uemora, Mac) and my lashes seem to straighten out as I am applying my mascara. Thanks!

• Natalia July 28, 2014 at 9:45 am #

I actually don’t curl my lashes. I think I have a curler, but then always forget to use it! But I’ve heard that applying a little heat and holding it until they cool works. Hope that helps a bit!

9. Katie pidge August 25, 2014 at 6:12 pm #

Wow! You don’t realize that a little goes a long way! I’m totally doing this now that the kids are in school and I have no time. Also I fell in love with that cover girl tinted moisturizer this summer! Amazing!!

• Natalia August 29, 2014 at 5:23 am #

It does, doesn’t it! Funny how just mascara can give you a pick-me-up! Tinted moisturizer is the best!