The other day I was browsing around the internet and I saw a post by Christina over at Hair Romance that was “25 Things about Me.” I thought it was a cute idea and I thought I’d join in on the fun! I’m a pretty open book, so there might not be that much to learn about me, but I’ll give it a go.
- I was born and raised in southern California.
- I have lived in more houses/cities in our 6 1/2 years of marriage than I have the rest of my life.
- I have two brothers which makes me the only daughter and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- I absolutely love being a mom of boys and there isn’t really any part of me that wants/wishes I had a girl. Except for maybe the beautiful hair she would have!
- I am 6’0″ on the dot and love it.
- I speak two languages, although my second one isn’t entirely fluent, it’s coming along nicely.
- I have been to 11 different countries and am dying to add more to that list.
- Out of the 11 I’ve only been to 5 countries with my husband. Including The Bahamas (his home) and America (My home, obviously).
- I absolutely adore languages, learning them, and being able to communicate in some one else’s mother tongue. I think when I’ve learned French well enough, I’m going to give Spanish a go!
- I am a self-imposed perfectionist. If I don’t think I can do something right/perfect the first time I have a hard time even trying at all.
- I had Lasik eye surgery when I was a senior in college (thanks dad!!) and it was one of the best things I’ve ever done.
- When I was a Sophomore in college (I think) I said to me friend that I wanted to get married a year or two after college. But I didn’t know to who. And I quote “the only guy I know well enough to get married that soon would be him (my husband – he prefers his name not mentioned). But I could never marry him!”
- I married him 4 years later and it was the best decision besides my salvation I have ever made.
- I’ve always loved black guys. I think they’re more handsome/attractive and funny and just generally really awesome to be around.
- My son Tae was born before we were married. Not one of my proudest facts, but I wouldn’t be who I am today with what I’ve learned through all my mistakes. And he’s such an amazing blessing I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- We have lived on four corners of France and my favorite location is Lyon, France. Although I’d live in Paris in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, my husband would not.
- I used to be full blown blond in high school. It was not a good look. Let’s just say I won’t be going back there any time soon.
- I don’t miss America. Living in France is an amazing adventure and I love it. I think I’m able to not miss America because I know eventually we’ll go back there, so I don’t want to miss out on anything here.
- My favorite country I’ve visited is honestly probably France. It’s so beautiful, it’s almost out of a fairy tale. I mean, check this out.
- I like red wine, love white wine and adore champagne. In that order.
- I used to be scared we were screwing our kids up by living this crazy life. I now think it’s got to be one of the coolest things they could ever experience. Sure, there’s the bad stuff, but more than anything I hope they look back at this life with great memories.
- When I was younger I loved to climb tress/mountains/whatever as high as I could go. One time I climbed a tree that must have had poison oak (which I am allergic too) and my whole face swelled up with bumps everywhere. It wasn’t pretty.
- I’m not a really good friend. I think because I’m unorganized I find it really hard to keep up with people. Thankfully, I have some super awesome friends that love me just the way I am.
- I have a strong personality and generally end up being the leader in situations. I think part of the reason I was so attracted to my husband was because he is super strong and is an excellent leader. He lets me do what I want but will not let me walk all over him. It’s kinda sexy… 🙂
- I was a total tomboy growing up. I hated when my mom tried to do my hair & I didn’t pay attention to the way I dressed at all. I climbed trees & skinned my knees. I guess some things can change!
Well, there you go! I wonder if it’s interesting at all? Hope you enjoyed it a little bit! If you have a blog & have done something like this, leave the links in the comments, I’d love to come visit & read your 25 things!! If you’re inspired to make one, leave that in the comments too!
Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. These pictures have nothing to do with the post (as you might have noticed) and are just fun ones I took back in the fall. So nope, this isn’t our weather right now. 🙁 Hopefully soon!
*Linking up to The Pleated Poppy!*