25 Things about Me

Happy Wednesday!

The other day I was browsing around the internet and I saw a post by Christina over at Hair Romance that was “25 Things about Me.” I thought it was a cute idea and I thought I’d join in on the fun! I’m a pretty open book, so there might not be that much to learn about me, but I’ll give it a go.

pink brown scarf

1. I was born and raised in southern California.
  2. I have lived in more houses/cities in our 6 1/2 years of marriage than I have the rest of my life.
  3. I have two brothers which makes me the only daughter and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
  4. I absolutely love being a mom of boys and there isn’t really any part of me that wants/wishes I had a girl. Except for maybe the beautiful hair she would have!
  5. I am 6’0″ on the dot and love it.
  6. I speak two languages, although my second one isn’t entirely fluent, it’s coming along nicely.
  7. I have been to 11 different countries and am dying to add more to that list.
  8. Out of the 11 I’ve only been to 5 countries with my husband. Including The Bahamas (his home) and America (My home, obviously).
  9. I absolutely adore languages, learning them, and being able to communicate in some one else’s mother tongue. I think when I’ve learned French well enough, I’m going to give Spanish a go!
  10. I am a self-imposed perfectionist. If I don’t think I can do something right/perfect the first time I have a hard time even trying at all.
  11. I had Lasik eye surgery when I was a senior in college (thanks dad!!) and it was one of the best things I’ve ever done.
  12. When I was a Sophomore in college (I think) I said to me friend that I wanted to get married a year or two after college. But I didn’t know to who. And I quote “the only guy I know well enough to get married that soon would be him (my husband – he prefers his name not mentioned). But I could never marry him!”
  13. I married him 4 years later and it was the best decision besides my salvation I have ever made.
  14. I’ve always loved black guys. I think they’re more handsome/attractive and funny and just generally really awesome to be around.
  15. My son Tae was born before we were married. Not one of my proudest facts, but I wouldn’t be who I am today with what I’ve learned through all my mistakes. And he’s such an amazing blessing I wouldn’t have it any other way.
  16. We have lived on four corners of France and my favorite location is Lyon, France. Although I’d live in Paris in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, my husband would not.
  17. I used to be full blown blond in high school. It was not a good look. Let’s just say I won’t be going back there any time soon.
  18. I don’t miss America. Living in France is an amazing adventure and I love it. I think I’m able to not miss America because I know eventually we’ll go back there, so I don’t want to miss out on anything here.
  19. My favorite country I’ve visited is honestly probably France. It’s so beautiful, it’s almost out of a fairy tale. I mean, check this out.
  20. I like red wine, love white wine and adore champagne. In that order.
  21. I used to be scared we were screwing our kids up by living this crazy life. I now think it’s got to be one of the coolest things they could ever experience. Sure, there’s the bad stuff, but more than anything I hope they look back at this life with great memories.
  22. When I was younger I loved to climb tress/mountains/whatever as high as I could go. One time I climbed a tree that must have had poison oak (which I am allergic too) and my whole face swelled up with bumps everywhere. It wasn’t pretty.
  23. I’m not a really good friend. I think because I’m unorganized I find it really hard to keep up with people. Thankfully, I have some super awesome friends that love me just the way I am.
  24. I have a strong personality and generally end up being the leader in situations. I think part of the reason I was so attracted to my husband was because he is super strong and is an excellent leader. He lets me do what I want but will not let me walk all over him. It’s kinda sexy… 🙂
  25. I was a total tomboy growing up. I hated when my mom tried to do my hair & I didn’t pay attention to the way I dressed at all. I climbed trees & skinned my knees. I guess some things can change!

blue maxi dress

Well, there you go! I wonder if it’s interesting at all? Hope you enjoyed it a little bit! If you have a blog & have done something like this, leave the links in the comments, I’d love to come visit & read your 25 things!! If you’re inspired to make one, leave that in the comments too!

Thanks for stopping by!

P.S. These pictures have nothing to do with the post (as you might have noticed) and are just fun ones I took back in the fall. So nope, this isn’t our weather right now. 🙁 Hopefully soon!

*Linking up to The Pleated Poppy!*

23 Responses to 25 Things about Me

1. Alisia February 26, 2014 at 5:56 am #

I love this idea! I myself am a terrible friend, mostly because I become so consumed with my work, working out and blog that I don’t have time for much else. And I feel absolutely terrible about it and something I really need to work on. I am a wino….love wine so much. Whenever I go anywhere and I order alcohol almost 99% of the time its wine.

This is my first time on your blog and I’m so glad I found it, all thanks for Bloglovin’. Consider me a follower 🙂

• Natalia February 27, 2014 at 1:22 am #

I totally understand, it’s hard! I am doing my best to be better, think outside myself, and really honestly consider other people first. I think it’s an important life lesson! So glad you stopped by, thanks for commenting! 🙂

2. Gina_AcuteDesigns February 26, 2014 at 7:31 am #

loved this post and learning random facts about you! I think your kids are so lucky to get to experience a different culture. like you said, there isn’t much to miss about america when you know you will eventually be back. it will always be here and your time in france might not always be a way of life :).

• Natalia February 27, 2014 at 1:21 am #

Yes, that’s exactly the way I think/try to think. American and the ‘normalness’ that comes with it will always be there. We can be ‘normal’ soon enough. But living in France? That we won’t be doing forever!! Gotta live it up!

3. Simply Sabrina February 26, 2014 at 7:54 am #

I feel like I just learned so much about you! This was a great idea 🙂

x. Sabrina | Simply Sabrina

• Natalia February 27, 2014 at 1:20 am #

Thanks, it was fun to do! 🙂

4. Lisa February 26, 2014 at 8:13 am #

You definitely not a tomboy anymore! It sounds like you lead a crazy, wonderful life. It was fun reading/getting to know you.

• Natalia February 27, 2014 at 1:20 am #

LOL, I guess so, huh?! I have truly been blessed, that’s for sure!!

5. Kayla February 26, 2014 at 8:30 am #

Pretty! I love the boots!

• Natalia February 27, 2014 at 1:19 am #

Thank you! I wear them with everything! 🙂

6. Niki Caron February 26, 2014 at 11:19 am #

I have two brothers, too, and no sisters. And I would LOVE to live overseas. I think that is so cool that you’ve lived all over France! And I didn’t realize you were 6′! I am jealous of your height!

• Natalia February 27, 2014 at 1:19 am #

Yep, super tall!! Living overseas is absolutely amazing. I didn’t always feel this way, but I sure love it now!

7. Alison @ Get Your Pretty On February 26, 2014 at 3:07 pm #

You are also stunningly gorgeous, you forgot that one. 🙂 Seriously, wow. I loved that you shared that your son was born before you were married. Mine was too, his dad and I didn’t end up together. But like you, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Love posts like this!

• Natalia February 27, 2014 at 1:17 am #

Thanks 🙂 We got pregnant before we were engaged and decided to wait to get married on purpose. We didn’t want to do the get married real quick and then “Whoa look, honeymoon baby!” and try to hide it. It’s a great part of our testimony that God is still faithful through our mistakes. And we didn’t get married because of the baby, which I would never suggest. Like in you said for you, it didn’t work out, it’s probably better that way! Anyway, thanks for stopping by!

8. Lindsey Holt February 26, 2014 at 6:30 pm #

I love your dress! Where is it from?

• Natalia February 27, 2014 at 1:14 am #

Thank you! It’s from Hazel & Olive boutique. LOVE their stuff! It would probably look better on you! 🙂

9. Lindsay February 27, 2014 at 9:28 am #

Tall girls unite! I’m 6 ft. also and have the hardest time buying pants and tops that are long enough. Do you have that problem in France?

• Natalia February 27, 2014 at 11:30 am #

I really don’t! I buy H&M usually and I buy skinny jeans so it doesn’t matter if they are all the way to the floor. So I don’t have too much of a problem. However it is hard to find shirts that are long enough. Where do you usually shop?

• Lindsay February 27, 2014 at 1:32 pm #

I buy my jeans from Lucky.com, which has good sale prices. Shirts are hard because I have a longer torso… pair that with the height (or should I saw low-ness?) of most pants manufacturers, and I am constantly in danger of accidentally mooning people I sit in front of. For this reason, I wear a lot of dresses and skirts when it’s warmer. But in the winter I’m strictly pants. Know of any good stores? I live in DC but am open to online!.

• Natalia February 28, 2014 at 4:51 am #

Hmmm, Lucky is a good one, even though I don’t shop there. I really love H&M and they are always long enough. Totally understand about the butt crack thing, I have a few pants that create similar issues. I just try to wear them with the longest shirts I have & a belt to keep them up as high as possible. I don’t have specific stores that I shop at, I just try to look if the shirt looks long enough and if it’s iffy, I buy a size up. It’s usually not a problem if it’s an over-sized shirt. I should do a post on this, shouldn’t I? There’s got to be more tall girls out there looking for good places to shop!!

• Lindsay February 28, 2014 at 6:28 am #

Lucky is great because I don’t like stretch denim, and their online store sells cotton denim.

I strongly encourage a post for tall girls! In the meantime, I will check out H&M next time I shop 🙂

• Natalia February 28, 2014 at 1:45 pm #

Great, I’m on it! In the meantime, if find any great shops, please do share! 🙂

1. Sunday Stoppings: Great Reads from around the InternetMa Nouvelle Mode - March 2, 2014

[…] you missed it this week, I shared 25 things about me you might not have known and I shared a peek into our little French home. It’s not much, but […]