French Twist Hairstyle

I told myself at the beginning of the year that I wanted to do a hairstyle each Friday. So far I feel pretty good about myself, I’ve done all but one Friday! I started with how to use dry shampoo because we all need it, don’t we? The week after I showed you my “dirty hair approved” style which was an easy messy bun with two headbands. Then I showed you a personal favorite, perfect for your next hot date or party, a deep side part with a simple side French braid. It’s so pretty! I actually wore my hair similar to my dad’s retirement dinner.

Then I missed a week. But I was flying 19 hours with my kids half way across the world, so I’ve given myself a little break. You understand, right? Thanks!

Today I have another dirty hair approved style. Because let’s face it, my hair is dirty the majority of the time. So these styles come in handy! The beautiful thing about today’s hairstyle is that your hair won’t look dirty because of the wonderfulness of dry shampoo & back combing & twisting. It’s awesome.

Easy French Twist

Easy French Twist

What you’ll need:

Basically you tease the heck out of your hair all over, even all the way to the ends. Then you separate out the part with less hair and hold it forward. You’ll see why. Twist, pin, and tuck the rest into a French braid at the back of your head. Secure with bobby pins. Then take the side you left out and tease it so it has the same amount of volume as the other side. Secure it by tucking it into the twist you’ve already made. Smooth out and make sure it’s even, finish with hairspray & you’re done!

French Twist Easy Dirty Hair approved French Twist

Just in case that wasn’t a good enough explanation, I’ve got a video tutorial for you! I really hope it’s easy to follow and I’ve got some lovely French music playing in the background!

Enjoy!

I hope you get to give it a try this weekend or even on a busy day this week, it can be done fast! Have a great weekend!

12 Responses to French Twist Hairstyle

1. Ida January 31, 2014 at 7:12 am #

Oh I love this. I have always wanted to try a French twist but I am not very good at styling my own hair. Definitely a must try!

• Natalia February 3, 2014 at 11:08 am #

This one is easy! Hopefully it works for you!

2. Peggy February 2, 2014 at 1:41 pm #

So cute!

3. Jess @ Spool and Spoon February 2, 2014 at 6:25 pm #

Natalia! This is absolutely lovely on you. I wore a French twist for my wedding day nearly three years ago (did it myself) and wear it on a regular basis now. I just love how feminine the look is.

I didn’t think to use dry shampoo before and that is GENIUS! Thanks for sharing such awesome tips.

• Natalia February 3, 2014 at 11:06 am #

Oh I bet you looked so beautiful and elegant on your wedding day! What a great choice! It’s a fun style to wear around too, I have been loving it!

4. Anam February 21, 2014 at 7:38 pm #

I tried didnt work out šŸ˜Ŗ

• Natalia February 22, 2014 at 2:57 am #

Oh man, that’s too bad! What happened? Anything in particular I can help with?

5. Anam February 22, 2014 at 4:45 pm #

I donā€™t know if its my hairstyle but its hard for me to pin in and keep it intact. Even if I get the look its so loose moving around brings my hair down……..

• Natalia February 23, 2014 at 2:58 am #

It is hard! Try pinning as you go and pin all the way up the French twist. Do you have a lot of hair? If it’s thick and heavy this could be a tough style. I know the longer my hair gets, the harder it is. You could also try teasing the body more so that you have more depth to pin into. Hope this helps a little!

1. 11 Gorgeous Second-Day Hairstyles | HelloNatural.co - February 5, 2015

[…] French twist hairstyle by Ma Nouvelle Mode.Ā The dry shampoo, back combing and twisting in this tutorial won’t allow […]

2. 20 Stylish French Twist Updos - May 27, 2015