Ways to Wear Ankle Boots

So back in August I bought a pair of combat booties that I had been wanting forever. And let me tell you, it was the best shoe decision that I have made in a long time. I wear them constantly and I feel like they go with just about everything. A few of you might have taken notice of these and I had someone even ask me to do a post about it!

So, I’ve rounded up all the outfits where I am wearing the booties that I actually have pictures of. Because I actually wear them a lot more than is showing up here. I just don’t take pictures of every outfit I have on.

ways to wear combat booties

sweater dress // boyfriend jeans
maxi dress // white jeans
skinny jeans // shift dress

As you can see, they pretty much go with anything! I did a post a little while back with a bunch of different boots that I thought were cute. Now living in France has it’s fashion perks. It seems to always have the trends before the States. Riding boots were very popular here before they were in the States. Now you won’t see many Parisian women wearing riding boots. Instead, they’re wearing booties! Last time I was in Paris, that’s just about all I saw!

These are some of my favorite mid-ankle boots right now. The ones I am wearing are similar to #4 or #7. Links below!

mid calf booties

1. Lucky Brand Women’s Aaid – $63.60 (was $159.00)
  2. BORN Women’s Prue – $150
  3. Hammmer – $129.98 (was $199.95)
  4. Rampage Women’s Jepson – $49
  5. Anne Klein® “Brier” Casual Mid-Calf Boot – $129
  6. Betsey Johnson – Alliy (Black Leather) – Footwear – $59.99 (was $$149.95)
  7. Madden Girl Women’s Gizmoo – $79.95
  8. Sofft Balsov Mid-Calf Boots – $104.95

The other popular option that I saw was the low ankle booties. Clark’s sent me a pair a while back and I love them. They are so stinkin’ comfy. (You can find them here). So I thought since we were talking about boots that I wear a lot, I would also include these!

6 ways to wear ankle booties

They’re pretty similar to the first pair but a little fancier. I just wanted to show you all the ways you can wear ankle booties. I put together a bunch of cute low ankle booties for you to check out. They’re definitely a great option since they can transition seamlessly into spring and summer.

fall booties

1. Bandolino Lornecia Wedge Bootie $79.95 (was $100)
  2. Caramel Corn Bootie – $54.99
  3. Fergalicious Regal Bootie – $54.95 (was $65)
  4. Sam Edelman Shay – $140
  5. Fergalicious Women’s Lucky Boot – $49.95 (was $69.95)
  6.  Madden Girl Plazza Bootie – $49.95 (was $69)
  7. Mercanti Fiorentini Greta Bootie – $149.95 (was $325!!)
  8. Roberta Zipper Ankle Booties – $69

So that’s it! Go grab yourself a pair of supa cute ankle or mid-ankle boots today! Perfect purchase for any after Christmas money or gift cards you’ve got floating around, it will definitely be a good fashion investment. That is if you have any after-Christmas gift card/money floating around! I sure don’t! Specially since my little guy broke my camera lens & I have to buy a new one. BOO-HOO!

In other news, I’m thinking I need to do another 7×7 Fashion remix party, what do you think?! Are you down?

18 Responses to Ways to Wear Ankle Boots

1. Ashley January 8, 2014 at 4:02 am #

Ooohhh…those are my favorite combat boots I’ve seen! So glad you wear them al the time..I love shoes that can be worn in so many ways. You look amazing!

• Natalia January 9, 2014 at 5:29 am #

Thank you! Me too because I’m a pretty simple person. I like things that go a bunch of different ways. These are perfect for me!

2. irene wibowo January 8, 2014 at 5:15 am #

i’m so addicted with boots. Even, in my country, there is no snow! But i like to style with boots. 🙂
    Irene Wibowo

• Natalia January 9, 2014 at 5:29 am #

Definitely! There is no snow here either and I still love them!

3. Becky @ bybmg January 8, 2014 at 6:39 am #

Thanks for sharing this. I’ve been pondering getting a pair of ankle booties, but I wasn’t sure how I’d wear them. You may have pushed me toward them!

• Natalia January 9, 2014 at 5:28 am #

Oh I’m glad you liked it! I really love my boots and as you can see wear them all the time. They’re comfy & practical which is perfect! Hope you find the perfect pair!

4. Michelle January 8, 2014 at 7:05 am #

Hi Natalia! Thanks for this post. I love the ankle boot trend but I haven’t tried it myself. I am pretty short (at 5’1″). Do you think ankle boots would work for someone as short as me?

• Natalia January 9, 2014 at 5:28 am #

Yes! I think anyone can wear anything, it just matters how you wear it. My sister-in-law is 5’4″ I think and she wears whatever she wants, maxi dresses, ankle boots etc and is always cute! Go for it! I would try to find some that have a wedge to give you a little bit of height but have the same ankle booties cuteness. If you wear them with a skirt, have the skirt be above the knee, any longer will shorten your legs a bit. You can also try keep the boots & tights/pants one color to elongate your legs. good luck!

5. Ida January 8, 2014 at 9:14 am #

Love this! I have been dying for a pair of combat booties but wasn’t sure how they would look day-to-day. You make them look amazing!!! I definitely need some now!

• Natalia January 9, 2014 at 5:22 am #

Thank you! I definitely recommend them!

6. Autumn January 8, 2014 at 1:08 pm #

Yay! Love this! 🙂 I actually do have some Christmas money to spend, and combat boots are at the top of my list!

• Natalia January 9, 2014 at 5:21 am #

Yay! They’re so comfy and versatile! Thanks for the post inspiration!

7. Amy January 8, 2014 at 5:09 pm #

Love these looks. I’ve tried this type of boot but it seems to mess up my proportions somehow. So cute though!

• Natalia January 9, 2014 at 5:20 am #

I did wear it once and later looked back and realized the proportions were way off! So it does matter! They’re so comfy & cute though I just make it work 🙂

8. Jelli January 24, 2014 at 3:55 pm #

Glad you shared this because I had no idea how to pair these. Now maybe next time i see a sale I will be more inclined to buy booties.

• Natalia January 26, 2014 at 6:39 am #

I know, now you know you can wear them however you want really!

9. Venessa January 13, 2016 at 5:10 am #

What is the winter look for jeans, sweatpants and boots….please. I’m pair shaped and 50 plus

• Natalia January 21, 2016 at 4:04 pm #

Jeans, sweatpants and boots? Or just jeans & boots? I would say some skinny jeans tucked into some riding boots is always a cute look.