Simple Side French Braid

Simple is good, right? It can be done fast and can be done by mostly everyone. That is today’s hair tutorial.

I have done a few tutorials in my ‘Back to Basics’ series like how to bobby pin and how to tease your hair. I have many more up my sleeve and I am excited to share them with you. This is an easy side French braid. It’s perfect for everyday wear.

easy side french braid Side french braid

I wear this style when my hair is clean or somewhat clean and I just want a cute, out-of-my-face look for the day. It can work for shorter hair, you just might need some help of bobby pins or something to keep the shorter ends in there. Obviously this would be beautiful on longer hair!

Here’s a brief how-to and you can check out the video to watch how I’ve done it!

• Tease the crown of your hair all the way back to just above the nape of your neck.
  • I take the section of my bangs that I don’t want in my face and secure them right under where the first section of hair will be before I start braiding. Obviously, this is optional depending on your hair!
  • Take a section of hair at the crown, leaving out the front pieces and start the French braid.
  • When you grab the hair to add to the section, pull from the front first then make your way down.
  • French braid to the end, secure any loose pieces with bobby pins or hair pins and secure at the end with a small elastic.

If you need some product in your hair to help give the braid some texture and help it stay, try using a dry shampoo like this one at the roots. I would also suggest using a spray and play like this one or this one to give your hair more texture. Hair pins like these are especially useful in styles like this, and personally a must-have all around!

simple side french braid

That’s it! If you liked this tutorial, I would love it if you shared it or pinned it. Also – if you have any other suggestions as to what kinds of tutorials you’d like to see, I’m all ears!! I am thinking more in the “Basics” series, what do you think? Oh and you can subscribe to my YouTube channel to see a ton more!

Thanks and have a superb weekend!

13 Responses to Simple Side French Braid

1. Lisa October 11, 2013 at 8:58 am #

So pretty, I could have used this tutorial BEFORE I cut my hair short…But no worries, I’m liking it shorter. 😉

• Natalia October 13, 2013 at 1:56 am #

Maybe you could do a version of it? Like a half up French braid? There’s so many options!

2. Elizabeth Nygard October 11, 2013 at 11:04 am #

I love, love, love this. It looks much more sophisticated than most braids. Beautiful.

Elizabeth
    elizabethnygard.com

• Natalia October 13, 2013 at 1:55 am #

Thank you! It’s super easy too which makes it a go-to!

3. Willfully Elegant October 11, 2013 at 4:03 pm #

Natalia, this is gorgeous!! I love this tutorial, Your hair looks stunning and yet you made it look so simple!!
    Now I wish I had longer hair 🙂

• Natalia October 13, 2013 at 1:46 am #

Thank you!! Braids can be so fun and are so simple. Maybe one for the future? 🙂

4. anngelik October 13, 2013 at 5:20 pm #

I love how the braid turned out. Ill try this, but Im not good with braids.

-Vogue&Heels

• Natalia October 14, 2013 at 4:04 am #

This one is a perfect one to try first! A simple side braid. I’m sure you can do it! Good luck!

5. Krystle(Baking Beauty) October 14, 2013 at 7:27 pm #

So pretty yet it looks so effortless!

• Natalia October 15, 2013 at 2:20 am #

That it is! That’s why I love it! 🙂

1. 17 Hairstyle Ideas For Spring - March 18, 2014

[…] Source: manouvellemode.com […]

2. 25 Hairdos For Long Hair - August 31, 2016

[…] is created similarly to the classic french braid, only positioned in a different way. Head over to Ma Nouvelle Mode to find out all about […]

3. Cute Hairstyles for Long Hair - September 5, 2016