Simple is good, right? It can be done fast and can be done by mostly everyone. That is today’s hair tutorial.
I have done a few tutorials in my ‘Back to Basics’ series like how to bobby pin and how to tease your hair. I have many more up my sleeve and I am excited to share them with you. This is an easy side French braid. It’s perfect for everyday wear.
I wear this style when my hair is clean or somewhat clean and I just want a cute, out-of-my-face look for the day. It can work for shorter hair, you just might need some help of bobby pins or something to keep the shorter ends in there. Obviously this would be beautiful on longer hair!
Here’s a brief how-to and you can check out the video to watch how I’ve done it!
- Tease the crown of your hair all the way back to just above the nape of your neck.
- I take the section of my bangs that I don’t want in my face and secure them right under where the first section of hair will be before I start braiding. Obviously, this is optional depending on your hair!
- Take a section of hair at the crown, leaving out the front pieces and start the French braid.
- When you grab the hair to add to the section, pull from the front first then make your way down.
- French braid to the end, secure any loose pieces with bobby pins or hair pins and secure at the end with a small elastic.
If you need some product in your hair to help give the braid some texture and help it stay, try using a dry shampoo like this one at the roots. I would also suggest using a spray and play like this one or this one to give your hair more texture. Hair pins like these are especially useful in styles like this, and personally a must-have all around!
That’s it! If you liked this tutorial, I would love it if you shared it or pinned it. Also – if you have any other suggestions as to what kinds of tutorials you’d like to see, I’m all ears!! I am thinking more in the “Basics” series, what do you think? Oh and you can subscribe to my YouTube channel to see a ton more!
Thanks and have a superb weekend!