Being a Momma

Being a mom is an interesting thing. I never thought about being a mom until getting pregnant. I didn’t think through kids’ names or whether I wanted a boy or a girl. I didn’t think of how hard it would be or how life would never be the same again. I also couldn’t have even begun to consider what joy it would bring me.

If you’re new here, I have two boys. Two crazy, active, silly, just about always hungry little (big!) boys. Some days they absolutely drive me crazy. Praise the Lord this year we have a yard and can just send them outside to get the crazies out. And some days they are so sweet that my heart is just overwhelmed with joy.

This is my 6-year-old beating his chest and screaming because he knocked all the bowling pins over. See? I told you – crazy.

crazy+boy crazy+boy+2

crazy+boy+Eli+2

crazy+boy+tae crazy+boy+Tae+2 crazy+boys eli+crazy+boy

I often get asked if we wanted a girl or if we would like to try to have a girl. And although I’m sure girls are just as much fun in their own right, I have no desire.

I don’t know if it’s the craziness that comes with boys, the absolute silliness that is bottled up inside them. That it’s so innate it’s just charming. (Unless it’s when I’m trying to relax. Then it’s annoying.) Or the fact that they are just so different from girls and from me that I find it intriguing. Who would have thought I would have to say things like “leave your pee pee alone” or “it’s not a gun, just go to the bathroom!” Over and over again.

I love it that they fight and when I send them to their room to be calm and wait for me to talk to them they’re friends before I can even get in there. I love that a friendly game of bowling turned into human bowling/kicking pins and racing. I secretly love when their energy bubbles up so much that they just have to scream or jump or be crazy for a sec. I think it’s hilarious.

I must admit, I have often thought whoever thought it was a good idea to give me kids must have been seriously mistaken. Now I know God is sovereign and must know something I don’t know and often this is the only thing that keeps me going. I just pray that these crazy little balls of energy grow up to love the Lord, learn through mommy & daddy’s mistakes and be true men of God. Which is why I’m on my knees most of the time, praying through it all!

You can connect with me here:

Instagram

6 Responses to Being a Momma

1. Tricia @ The Domestic Fringe October 10, 2013 at 7:00 am #

Awww…your boys are such cuties! And, they sound like so much fun. There’s definitely less drama with a boy, at least that’s what I’ve found. But, there’s also more noise!

Have fun! You’re just the mama they need.
    ~FringeGirl

• Natalia October 11, 2013 at 6:34 am #

LOL, I’ll take the noise! Although sometimes their fights are pretty ridiculous. Either way, I’m happy I’ve got them!

2. Lisa October 10, 2013 at 9:11 am #

Ah…boys…I have two, and I don’t know how I survived. Must have been the time on my knees.

• Natalia October 11, 2013 at 6:32 am #

Oh gosh, can I get an amen? And I’m still in the thick of it. Or probably that part hasn’t begun!!

3. Sheila October 11, 2013 at 5:38 am #

My babies just turned 19 & 22 years old….treasure these times, they will be past before you know it. I smile warmly at all my memories of scrapes & bruises, school projects, hallowe’en costumes, sleepovers with friends, birthday parties, sports, summer vacations, formal dances, learning to drive, graduation and the list goes on & on….
    There will be challenges too, namely “puberty” which transforms your darlings into alien creatures that scare you and the only advise I can share is that one day they will become human again. Just keeping loving them & keep your sense of humor! One of my funniest memories is when my daughter discovered she had a pubic hair and she not only had to run and tell her brother about it, she had to show him too!
    Shortly before I became a Mom for the first time my sister gave me this children’s book;
    I have gifted it many times since to other new Mom’s – it still makes me cry!

P.S. Robert Munsch has many other great stores I think your boys would love http://robertmunsch.com/
    Have a listen to “I Have to Go!” and “Thomas’ Snowsuit” 🙂

• Natalia October 11, 2013 at 6:56 am #

Thank you so much, I will definitely check this out. It’s really so nice to hear you talk about the times with your children growing up. I can’t wait for those days. And not meaning just waiting for my kids to get older, but enjoying the process, if that makes sense. Loving each stage. Thanks for the advise on puberty, that might be one I’m not looking forward too!