White Jeans in the Fall

Don’t wear white after Labor Day!

I mean, who said this? They must have been pretty influential because a lot of people listened to them for a long time. But now? Now you don’t have to listen anymore. You can wear white pants whenever you want. And I have three outfits here that will show you. They’re also perfect for fall. Let’s do this.

Sweater & Boots

white pants and a sweater

I know, I know, I’m obsessed with these boots. But they’re so comfy and they seem to go with everything. (You can enter to win a pair here.) I bought this sweater in Paris last year and then decided that it was too boxy or masculine and I didn’t like it. But then I tried it again a few ways and now I’m good again!! This will be a part of my Wardrobe Challenge for sure.

Outfit Details:

Sweater: Zara (similar)
Jeans: H&M (similar)
Boots: c/o Zappos

The Chambray

white jeans and chambray

Can you go wrong with a chambray? I mean seriously, style & comfort rolled into one. It’s one of my favorite things to wear and it just seems like it goes with everything. So it’s only fitting that it works with white jeans & boots for fall. I also love throwing a big, chunky scarf on. Makes you feel so cozy!

Outfit Details:

Shirt: Bought in Sweden (similar, similar)
Jeans: H&M (similar)
Boots: Nordstrom Rack (similar, similar)
Cowl: Sunshine Stitch

Men’s Wear white pants and loose shirt

Okay, I admit, I love shopping in my husband’s closet! He doesn’t love it as much. But I find some cozy shirts that are just perfect for what I’m looking for. He used to wear ginormous clothing, and now he has more fitted stuff. So I make the old stuff into dresses and wear the new stuff!! I’m sure he’s thrilled.

Shirt: My husband’s from H&M (similar)
Jeans: H&M (similar)
Boots: c/o Zappos

I think fashion is a very fluid concept and you should wear what feels good & flatters your figure. This obviously looks different on every person!

Well, what do you think? Would you wear white after Labor Day or do you still think we have to listen to ‘the man?’ If you’d like to shop around, here are some options for white pants:

White Jeans
#1: Mango Super Slim ($39.99)
#2: Mango Boyfriend Jeans ($69)
#3: Karl Lagerfeld mid-rise ($64)
#4 – 7 for All Mankind ($89)
#5: J Brand Boyfriend Jeans ($89)
#6: Anne Klein ($19.99)
#7: Lands’ End ($29.97)

16 Responses to White Jeans in the Fall

1. Agi October 8, 2013 at 8:24 am #

Great outfit. I have a pair of white pants that i hardly wear at all. I need to get a pair of cropped skinnies for Spring and maybe then i’ll wear them. I’m always afraid of getting them dirty. Love all 3 looks.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

• Natalia October 11, 2013 at 6:57 am #

Like one of my good friends told me, there’s always bleach!! I have two boys and still wear them!

2. Niki October 8, 2013 at 9:32 am #

I love white jeans for fall! They work with so many different items! I love that first look with the navy sweater and booties – I want those booties!

• Natalia October 11, 2013 at 7:21 am #

Thank you! The navy sweater is so comfy. And it’s got a slit in the back, I didn’t even show that part. I thought it was so cute! And the booties, I can’t even. They are so comfy!

3. Willfully Elegant October 8, 2013 at 10:53 am #

I have heard that “dont wear white” so many times, that I have conscientiously decided to wear more white after labor day! Seriously wonder who created that saying. Anyways, loving the looks, and a crisp, clean white jeans should be a staple wardrobe piece, can add subtle class to any outfit.

• Natalia October 11, 2013 at 6:57 am #

I totally agree with you. And it kinda goes with your blog name – Willfully Elegant!! Makes sense!

4. Rachel G October 8, 2013 at 2:11 pm #

Those are all great white pants looks! And definitely appropriate for the season and the weather, too!

5. Ashley October 9, 2013 at 7:49 am #

White can totally be worn after labor day! I have always wondered who made up those rules… Weird. Anyway, you look great. And I love those boots!

• Natalia October 11, 2013 at 7:18 am #

Thank you! I really want to know who made up those rules anyway. Either way, it sounds like a lot of people are now breaking them!

6. Sherry October 10, 2013 at 11:15 am #

Gorgeous Natalia!! OMG…lovin’ that scarf! I agree, lets let the whole “no white after labor day” go! Those boots are so cute. I’m on a mission this weekend to find a boot in that color. Love!! Hope you have a great weekend! xo~Sherry

• Natalia October 11, 2013 at 6:31 am #

Thanks, Sherry! They are seriously my favorite boots. And the color is amazing, they go with everything! And they’re Clarks so they’re uber comfy!

7. Callie October 10, 2013 at 9:12 pm #

I’m totally with you! Who says white can’t be worn after Labor Day?! I wore a white dress just yesterday on my blog. 🙂 You look amazing in all of your outfits. I’m especially in love with your chunky scarf. 🙂
    ~Callie

• Natalia October 11, 2013 at 6:30 am #

Thank you! I think white dresses in fall are really pretty. Who needs these ‘rules?’ 🙂

8. Dude Mom October 11, 2013 at 4:14 am #

Totally white pants in winter! They look great the way you paired them.

• Natalia October 11, 2013 at 6:29 am #

Thanks girl! Who needs these ‘fashion rules?’ Although I’m sure you got your dose of them when you were on the show!