We all want to be a princess, am I right? That’s why Disney Princess movies sell so well, it’s every little girl’s dream! Something that most likely won’t happen to most of us. I keep asking if my husband is some kind of Prince of The Bahamas but no such luck. Maybe he’s going to surprise me one of these days… Hey a girl can dream!
Another thing Disney did to us girls is give us an unrealistic ideal of what hair is supposed to look like. I mean, come on, Ariel, you live in the ocean. There’s no way it stays so pretty and untangled and not plastered to her head. And Jasmine? How much hair do you actually have? The size of your ponytail is ridiculous. Pocahontas doesn’t even own a hair brush and yet her hair is super silky smooth, right?
We all thought, well ya, they’re cartoons of princesses, of course it’s unrealistic. Then Kate Middleton came along and we all just hung our normal-haired head in shame.
Honestly, I love Kate Middleton. I just thought that picture was too funny not to post. I think she seems sweet and real and is so beautiful. Anyway, if we can’t have her hair or Disney princess hair, then I guess our next best bet is to give some of the styles a shot. We can attempt those, right?
Here is my attempt at one of Kate Middleton’s hairstyles. This is the style I am recreating. Â The way I’ve done it is actually very easy, and can be done on all types of hair. Check it out:
Let me break it down for you;
- You can definitely do this style on dirty hair. It might even be best. Of course, most my styles are done on dirty hair because my hair is often times dirty! Just use a good dry shampoo and you’ll be all set.Â
- Start by parting a section down the side. Begin this section above the outside of your eyebrows and braid to behind your ears.
- Do the same on the other side.
- Tease your hair from the crown to the nape of your neck. I love this teaser comb.
- Twist and pin like you are doing a half-up hairstyleÂ but sweeping the front up and a little to the side, not totally parted.Â .
- Continue to tease the remainder of your hair that is left down. If you need texture, try something like this product.
- Roll the hair up and pin into a bun. Similar to this hairstyle.
- The wrap the braids on top of the bun & pin!
- Spray it down and smooth it out so it looks oh-so-pretty and you’re done!
Now we all can feel like princesses!! You’re welcome.
Is this a style you would try?
Have a beautiful weekend!