Quick & Easy 4 Step Hair Tutorial

Don’t you love it when you come across a beautiful hair tutorial on Pinterest? So pretty you just have to know how it’s done? Then you click it and it takes you somewhere that has nothing to do with the picture. Or it was just that, just a pretty style someone wanted to show case. Well, I have a beautiful style taken from Pinterest today with a tutorial. You’re welcome.

Easy 4 step Pinterest Inspired hair tutorial

Recognize the style to the right? You might have seen it floating about for a while. I know I’ve seen it many times. It’s pretty. It’s messy. It’s sexy. It looks easy. As far as I saw, there wasn’t a tutorial for it. Although, I’m going to be honest, if I see a cute style I rarely look at how it’s done. I always want to see if I can replicate it and I most definitely don’t want to copy other people’s work, so I just try it myself. That’s what I did with this one. I didn’t search too hard for a tutorial, I just created one! I present to you the four step side ponytail!

4 step side pony tutorial

And besides the hair color difference and hers is a little messier, I think I pretty much got it. Not to mention that I got it in 4 steps! Easy hairstyles, that’s what I’m all about people.

Here’s how it’s done:

4 Step Messy Side Pony

As you can see, it’s very very easy. Let me break it down to you with all the products I use.

1. Tease you hair from the crown down to the nape of your neck. For the best holding tease I use Big Sexy Hair Dry Shampoo, this teaser comb, & Kenra 25 Hairspray to hold it. As you might be able to tell, my hair is 2 or 3 days old which I think works best. If your hair is silky smooth or you need to add some texture, try spraying with this spray and play or this one. It will help.
  2. Take the top middle section and poof up and twist. Secure with a bobby pin. (Here’s my tutorial on how to use bobby pins)
  3. Next take the big chunk of the front section and twist it back under & over the other twist. Meaning, you don’t want to completely hide it but you do want to help cover the bobby pins and have it look a little put together.
  4. Then take the remaining chunk from the other side and wrap it over & under the one you just did. And by over & under I mean pull it past where you just pinned horizontally and under where you just pinned vertically. Does that make sense?

Then you’re done! See, so super easy! And seriously, I love this style! It’s versatile, perfect ‘mom’ hair but still cute. It can be dressed up or down, you name it. Who knew that a side ponytail would be so cute? For some reason that just reminds me of the 80’s. This is so not 80’s!

the 4 step hair style

So what do you guys think, could you, would you rock this style? If you liked it, don’t hesitate to pin it! Thank you always for your support!

17 Responses to Quick & Easy 4 Step Hair Tutorial

1. Red Tag Chic Los Angeles September 13, 2013 at 5:56 am #

Wow great tutorial…..I would love to try that style for a wedding soon!

Rebecca

• Natalia September 13, 2013 at 12:48 pm #

Thank you! I bet it would look very pretty for a wedding. And easy!

2. Cate @ Wild Ruffle September 13, 2013 at 6:35 am #

This DOES look easy – love that it’s only 4 steps, and looks great! 🙂

• Natalia September 13, 2013 at 12:47 pm #

Thank you! It really is easy!

3. Helen September 13, 2013 at 10:56 am #

I love this and I’m going to try it 🙂

• Natalia September 13, 2013 at 12:45 pm #

I’m glad! Let me know if it works for you!

4. ilene @muchloveilly September 13, 2013 at 1:12 pm #

so i have been the worst at commenting lately but i do still read your blog and looooove, loooove your hair tutorials! these are fab and i def want to try that side ponytail. so fun!

happy weekend, friend!

• Natalia September 14, 2013 at 1:51 pm #

Oh thank you girlie! Trust me, I know about crazy life!! But thanks for taking the time, friend, just know it’s the same for me! I am more of a stalker… kinda creepy like… 😉

5. Sheila September 14, 2013 at 6:36 am #

Hairstyling is a challenge for me & more often than not I just tie it all back into a ponytail which gets really boring all the time. This is so cute, thanks for the tips & breakdown – hopefully I can recreate it….OR maybe you could just come & live in my bathroom & fix my hair everyday – I promise I would feed you….LOL

• Natalia September 14, 2013 at 1:50 pm #

LOL! Could you feed my husband & kids too? Because then I’d come 🙂 This one is so simple, I am sure you could get it! Let me know how it works for you!

6. christy September 14, 2013 at 8:25 am #

This is such a pretty hair-do! I love the naturally messy, but elegant look. My hair has a really hard time behaving with certain do’s so I’ll definitely have to give it try. Thanks for the tutorial!
    Christy
    Sunny with a side of…

• Natalia September 14, 2013 at 1:49 pm #

This sounds like a perfect style for you then! Messy in ‘in’!

7. Niki September 14, 2013 at 7:27 pm #

I love the inspiration and your take on it! Thank you for the tutorial!!

• Natalia September 15, 2013 at 11:21 am #

Thank you! I just had to, it’s a cute style & looked so easy to do!

1. Link Roundup: A Colorful Calendar, Spooky Eyeballs, a Hair Tutorial, and More | Modern Baby - September 18, 2013

[…] Ma Nouvelle Mode shared a quick, easy, and elegant (yet casual) hair tutorial. […]

2. Autumn Hair: 6 Bonfire-Approved Hairstyles | Latest-Hairstyles.com - October 18, 2013

[…] hair and looks effortless while still retaining an element of finesse. The tutorial is done by Natalia of Ma Nouvelle Mode, who carefully explains how to create this hairstyle in addition to showing […]

3. Autumn Hair: 6 Bonfire-Approved Hairstyles | womenstyles.asia - October 18, 2013