Back to Basics: Hair Products that work!

I love feedback I get on tutorials that I post and I absolutely love when you show me pictures of styles you’ve done from a tutorial I’ve created. Seriously, the.best.

I also often get quite a few questions about why styles aren’t working. The bobby pins won’t stay, the tease won’t hold, my hair doesn’t look that smooth – you know, questions like that. And although I am most definitely not the end all to knowledge of hair questions I think a lot of those problems can be solved by using good quality product.

Before I started getting into styling my own hair and doing tutorials I used little to no product. Then I would get frustrated as to why it wasn’t working or it didn’t turn out how I wanted. Now I know – it’s in the product!

You want your tease to hold? Start with dry shampoo and then use hairspray.

You want your bobby pins to stay? Tease the section you’re pinning into.

You want silky smooth hair. Use this.

So I thought as part of my “Back to Basics” series (that kinda went on hold for a bit – busy summer) I would share with you some of my favorite products that WORK! Every product I share in this video I personally use & love with the exception of the dry shampoo I mention. It has sense been replaced with this one. Here’s a fun info graphic for you!

10 hair must have styling products by Ma Nouvelle Mode

If you liked the video, I’d love it if you subscribed to my channel!

Here are all the products I talk about in this video. I am sharing links below if you’d like to check them out further!

favorite hair products

1. Redken Shampoo & Conditioner: $24.50 & $29.50 (respectively)
  2. Big Sexy Hair Root Pump: $17.95
  3. Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Blow Dry Gel: $16.95
  4. Orofluido: $27
  5. Redken #28 Hairspray:$20
  6. Aquage Uplifting Foam: $16.80
  7. John Freida Volumizing Spray: $9.99
  8. Big Sexy Hair Dry Shampoo: (I bought this after I filmed – but I like it!) $17.95
  9. Kenra 25 Hairspray: $5.59 for a small ottle (was $7)

There you have it! I hope you either found some new products you’d like to try or just confirmed you were using some good ones!

What are your go-to products you must try?

You can connect with me here: 🙂

6 Responses to Back to Basics: Hair Products that work!

1. Amanda D September 12, 2013 at 10:52 am #

As someone who is often lost in the world of products, its nice to have a starting place of what to look for so thank you for this video!! it often takes a lot of trial and error to find the best products so it’s great to have some recommendations.

If you like big sexy hair products, you should try their healthy sexy hair line– especially the hairspray, which I love, because it gives flexible hold while not giving your hair that plastic or crunchy feeling hairspray can give that I hate!

• Natalia September 12, 2013 at 11:21 am #

I totally understand about trying them out. And I hate spending money not knowing whether or not it will work! ULTA sent me a ton of product a little while back and these & a few I bought on my own are ones I absolutely love and work for me when styling. I have some healthy sexy hair products but have never used them! I will have to give it a try, thanks!

• Amanda D September 12, 2013 at 4:46 pm #

ooooh yes, gotta love sample products 🙂

• Natalia September 13, 2013 at 12:49 pm #

That’s how I get to try it all! Otherwise I could never afford it!

2. Gina September 27, 2013 at 10:26 am #

I don’t know if you have ever tried Loma products. They work AMAZING on dry/damaged hair. There was a time where I dyed my hair a lot. It was so damaged I ended up having to cut most of it off. Now I use the Pearatin line and omg. The smell alone is fab. And what it does for your hair is just as amazing. Everyone has their own line but I thought I would share one that you might like. I just love your website. Now that I have long (I mean long) healthy hair its fun to try different styles. Your video’s are so easy to follow. You seem to make your viewer’s one of your bff’s. What an amazing gift. I dislike the video’s where they treat you like a idiot. Ya I am older but I was a tom boy most of my life. So learning make up and hair do’s takes time for me. Sorry about the babble. Time for me to catch up on your video’s.. lol. Have a great day.

• Natalia September 29, 2013 at 1:49 pm #

Thank you! I love hearing from people and this is so encouraging, thank you. I haven’t tried either of those lines, but I am going to look into it. I cut my hair a little while back and although I’m thankful it grows fast, I miss my long hair!! So enjoy it & all my old tutorials! 🙂 Thank you again for your kind words!