Maxi Dress for Fall

Can I first just say…

maxi_skirts_yoga_pants_someecard_thumb

I mean seriously, they are. And that’s why we love them. Ain’t no shame, ladies! No shame! We like the right blend of comfortable and practical while we set off to conquer our world of crazy kids, dirty dishes, and loads of laundry.

So I bought this maxi dress from Target the other day and I’m in love. It’s probably my favorite one I own. It’s got sleeves so it’s comfortable, it has a waist so I don’t look like I’m wearing a tent. And it’s nice and flowy and fun.

IMG_3461

I also realized I don’t own a lot of blue! So this was a good addition. Not to mention it was on sale for like under 10 bucks. Score!

IMG_3462
IMG_3464

Seriously, I think I’ve got all the easiest things going on here. A top knot + Maxi Dress = ease and comfort. I mean, you don’t even have to find a matching top, you just slip it on and you’re good to go! The epitome of laziness in cute form, right?

Outfit Details:

Here’s some cute maxi dresses for you to check out. All the maxi’s I chose here have sleeves because they’ll be perfect for transitioning into fall/winter weather! My favorite is the black sweater maxi & the Hazel & Olive maxi. What’s your favorite?

Maxi Dresses for under $50

1. Old Navy Belted Jersey DressΒ – $27.97 (was $34.94)
  2. Hazel And Olive – $39.00 (they have lots of other cute ones too!)
  3. American Apparel – $25 (was $42)
  4. ModCloth – $49.99
  5. Asos white with black pocket – $25 (was $42)
  6. Nordstrom Green striped maxi – $47.40
  7. Black Sweater Maxi – $29.99

Linking up to theΒ linky parties hereΒ πŸ™‚

30 Responses to Maxi Dress for Fall

1. April September 11, 2013 at 5:11 am #

Maxis are truly one of the best style inventions ever! πŸ™‚ Yours is adorable! Blue is one of my wardrobe staple colors, so I’m definitely in love. πŸ˜‰

I did a post on maxi dresses, myself. I’d love for you to check it out! http://makesupmylife.blogspot.com/2013/03/fashionfridaymaxidress.html

• Natalia September 11, 2013 at 6:42 am #

Seriously, best ever! Where had they been before? I’m wearing a maxi skirt right now πŸ™‚

2. Sheila September 11, 2013 at 5:13 am #

Great summer dress…just add a jacket or sweater and you are styling for fall!

@ Target ?? under $10 ?? – absolutely a score !!!

My favorite is #3 – clean classic lines with the very versatile 3/4 sleeve

I bough some draped chiffon vests this summer – they look great layered over a maxi with OR without sleeves.

• Natalia September 11, 2013 at 6:05 am #

Serious score, I know! I couldn’t not buy it! I rarely shop at Target too, but when I do, I rummage through the clearance section. It worked for me this time!! I’m gonna have to look into the vest, sounds so cute!

3. Lee September 11, 2013 at 5:31 am #

Love Love Love this dress! You look great!
    Lee

• Natalia September 11, 2013 at 6:03 am #

Thank you! It’s so comfy, I’m in love!

4. Carrie September 11, 2013 at 6:24 am #

LOoks so cute!! Unfortunately I’m only 5’2″ so maxi dresses are typically way tll long for me esp target. …but for $10 maybe I’d be willing to get it hemmed πŸ˜‰

• Natalia September 11, 2013 at 11:24 am #

Or just hem it yourself! I’m sure you could find some tutorials out there on how to do it! My sister-in-law is 5’2″ and wears maxis and I think she always looks cute! You could also rock them with heels, so that’s fun!

5. Sara September 11, 2013 at 6:31 am #

So cute! I love that dress and your hair!

• Natalia September 11, 2013 at 11:22 am #

Thank you! The big top know is a go-to for me when I don’t feel like doing my hair!

6. Leigh Anne September 11, 2013 at 7:35 am #

Your maxi dress is sooo cute! Great find! I heart Target but don’t get there as often as I would like (although, my wallet is better for it :).
    I actually don’t have any maxi dresses or skirts…..I always think I’m too short (5’5″). I really should try one…..and the belt/waist is a must…..really gives it some shape.
    I love #1 in your collage…..great style & color πŸ™‚

• Natalia September 11, 2013 at 11:21 am #

I can’t speak too much to the 5’5″ thing – I’m 6 feet tall! But my sister-in-law is like 5’2″ and she wears maxi skirts & dresses and looks totally cute! So I think it’s doable. Definitely defining the waist is a good idea. I’m sure you could pull it off! They’re just so comfy & fun, you should try it!

7. Agi September 11, 2013 at 7:42 am #

I can’t get enough of maxi dresses. I’m so glad that Summer weather is back because that means i can still wear mine. Love your striped one. So pretty.

Don’t forget to link up tomorrow for my weekly Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday Link Up.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

• Natalia September 11, 2013 at 11:20 am #

I have you on my link up list! I still wear my maxi’s in the fall/winter, they actually get too hot for the summer sometimes! Or at least in Cali!

8. Alison @ Get Your Pretty On September 11, 2013 at 10:10 am #

Still laughing at the crotchless yoga pants! Oh my, that explains why I love maxi dresses so much. You look just gorgeous in this, the hair, the dress, the makeup, everything. This is a really pretty color!

• Natalia September 11, 2013 at 11:16 am #

Seriously, they’re the best! I’m wearing a maxi skirt today too! And thank you so much, you’re too sweet!

9. Kelly September 11, 2013 at 11:05 am #

I love maxi dresses and skirt and that eCard is just too funny!

xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

• Natalia September 12, 2013 at 11:25 am #

It just fit, I knew i had to include it!

10. Tricia @ The Domestic Fringe September 11, 2013 at 2:45 pm #

LOVE your maxi dress.

I have 2 that I bought 2 summers ago. I’ve always adored them, but I didn’t really wear them too much this summer…don’t know why. I do take them into fall by layering a denim jacket and boots, so maybe they’ll get more where this fall.

~FringeGirl

• Natalia September 12, 2013 at 11:24 am #

It actually gets too hot for me in the summer, I prefer them more in fall & spring. I plan on wearing mine a lot this season! They’re so comfy!!

11. Traci Michele September 12, 2013 at 7:27 am #

I love it girl and that quote is TOTALLY SPOT ON! Thanks for making this girl laugh today!

Come check out this single mom I’m featuring and I’d love love LOVE it if you’d be so kind to like her fb page?

• Natalia September 12, 2013 at 11:22 am #

Yes, that quote made me laugh for sure, it seemed only appropriate to include it! I’ll check her out now πŸ™‚

12. Marlen September 12, 2013 at 9:42 am #

hahaha they totally are!! but what an invention- you can be comfy and super stylish. and target can literally do no wrong- that dress looks fab!

xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

• Natalia September 12, 2013 at 11:21 am #

Seriously! I loved that ecard I had to include it for sure! πŸ™‚ And Target has it all!

13. Sherry September 17, 2013 at 4:43 pm #

That is seriously funny!! Because a maxi dress is just that….and I love them. Great look lady!!

• Natalia September 18, 2013 at 4:59 am #

I know, I think that’s what makes them so great! Perfect for the fake dress up!

14. Trendy Women's Clothing September 29, 2013 at 9:06 pm #

Love it. Fun and comforting.

1. Maxi Dress | Sexy Dresses For Women - January 29, 2014