9 Ways to Wear Patterned Jeans

I think that most of you who come here to read this blog are interested in practical fashion. Because I’m gonna be honest, if you’re interested in some high-end runway looks, you will probably be disappointed. Maybe how to translate runway looks into the everyday, but also on an everyday budget.

I am a mom of two boys. I love them like crazy, but those kids are nuts. So much energy it’s unbelievable. I am trying to find a balance that is cute but not wearing my yoga pants every day, knowwhatimsayin? Well, I’ve got a solution. Not an end-all answer, but it helps.

Patterned Jeans!

I’m in love. Well, I was in love last year when I bought my pair of funky pants in Amsterdam, but the plethora of options available just makes me fall head over heels.

So today I have three pairs of patterned jeans and I am rockin’ them 9 different ways. Yes nine!

patterned jeans

Let’s start with the black and white ones, shall we? Can I just say, they are so stinkin’ cute. And they’re actually my mother’s. Ugh. I tried to steal them from her before I left for France, but she played a guilt card on me. “I don’t have very many cute clothes, you can’t take them! I have to try to look cute too!”

white and black patterned jeans

Jeans// Black & White Top: Kris& Kate sold out but here, here and here are cute alternatives // Coral Top // Green Lace top: bought in France but here and here are cute ones

You can go easy & stay black and white, which is very cute & sophisticated. Add a bright top and it’s fun with a pop of color. Or you can keep it casual with a not matching but muted (not clashing) top. The black and white top and the bow top are from an online store called Kris&Kate. I get so many cute things from there, I love it! Use the code Nouvelle5 for 5% off.

Next I have these light grey floral pants. They’re great because they’re not so in-your-face, you can mix them up a bit. Although I realize that I didn’t really do that here.

grey patterned jeans

Jeans // Chambray or a less expensive version // Booties: Similar & similar

I went monochrome in the first outfit. Sometimes it’s fun to just be matchy-matchy. Then I paired it with a chambray shirt because, well, what can’t be paired with a chambray? I absolutely love this one I bought in Sweden a couple years ago (here’s a cute one!). Lastly I went winter-ish. And only ‘ish’ because while doing this it was still a bit hot outside. This definitely could be paired with some long sleeves.

Lastly I have my funky pants. Like I mentioned, I bought these on a trip to Amsterdam last year & they were such a great purchase! They are fun & versatile & definitely dress up an outfit without having to do much! I threw in a bonus outfit down there too. 🙂

funky pants four ways

I started with a solid color. You could of course be brave & mix patterns, but this is good to vamp it up without too much going on.

The second look is probably one of my favorites. These gold shoes I wore to a wedding last year, they must make me somewhere around 6’6″. Yes, I am that tall. Well, I start at 6′ and when I put on these babies (and the red ones) they add quite a bit! But with a 6’7″ husband who happens to like it, I just rock ’em, baby! The top is a favorite too. It’s also from Kris&Kate but sold out.

The next look is comfy casual. This is for all the soccer moms out there. Everything else is toned down and by just wearing the patterned jeans you’ve dressed up the whole look. Definitely a go-to!

Adding red is such a fun way to vamp up any outfit! With this hot red StitchFix top and shoes, throw on some red lipstick and you’re ready to go! Hot date night or girls night, bring it on!

Here’s some super cute patterned jeans if you’d like to shop the look! Oh, and they’re all under $150!

One // Two // Three // Four // Five // Six // Seven // Eight was sold out by the time this posted so here’s an alternative

26 Responses to 9 Ways to Wear Patterned Jeans

1. Tricia @ The Domestic Fringe September 4, 2013 at 5:13 am #

Love these looks! I’m a fan of patterned jeans too. It’s wonderful how practical you just made them by showing us how to wear them so many different ways.

That coral blouse is beautiful. Great outfits. I’m going to pin this and use it as a reference.
    ~FringeGirl

• Natalia September 5, 2013 at 7:01 am #

Thanks Tricia! Glad you liked it, it was fun to put together!

2. Agi September 4, 2013 at 7:43 am #

Great post. Love all the different ways you styled those pants.

Don’t forget to stop by tomorrow and link up for my weekly Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday Link Up.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

• Natalia September 5, 2013 at 7:00 am #

Thanks Agi! Will do!

3. Sandy a la Mode September 4, 2013 at 8:07 am #

this is such great inspiration!!

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

• Natalia September 5, 2013 at 6:59 am #

Thanks Sandy! Coming from you that’s a big deal!:)

4. Natalie September 4, 2013 at 9:11 am #

I love them! It must have been so fun to put this post together 🙂 love your style

I have a teeeny question. I’m nowhere near 6′ tall haha I’m around 5’2″ and I never really knew if really high heels would suit a petite figure? I know they say tall girls look good in heels but I was wondering if petite women should stick to heels that are a bit lower (so still high but just not strikingly high) – so that it’s not disproportional ..

🙂

• Natalia September 5, 2013 at 7:00 am #

In my opinion? Rock them!I think they would look fabulous. I don’t think there is a too high. There might be a ‘trampy’ look, but I’m sure you’d stay away from that style. Otherwise, have fun with it! Buy the shoes you want to rock if they’re 1 inch or 6!! And if they’re 6 I’m totally jealous 😉 I’d where them everyday if I was shorter 🙂

5. Amy September 4, 2013 at 10:57 am #

I love seeing people pull off something that most people would scoff at. Lovely! My favorites are monochrome and date night red. 🙂

• Natalia September 4, 2013 at 12:32 pm #

Thank you! I love different so these are right up my alley! Date night red is one of my favorites too 🙂

6. Rachel G September 4, 2013 at 12:16 pm #

I’ve never yet been brave enough to actually try a pair of patterned jeans, but you really rock them!!

• Natalia September 4, 2013 at 12:31 pm #

Oh I’m sure you could! Just get some muted ones to start & I’m sure you’d be addicted & go from there! 🙂

7. suburbsmama September 4, 2013 at 4:38 pm #

WOW! you really know how to pull them off! If you get a chance, please link up to my linky party which started today: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/09/what-we-wore-9.html

• Natalia September 5, 2013 at 6:57 am #

Thank you 🙂 Checking it out now!

8. Fiona September 4, 2013 at 9:25 pm #

I love (!) Your funky pants, especially with the red top and heals, it looks great 🙂

• Natalia September 5, 2013 at 6:57 am #

Thank you! They’re fun, aren’t they! Definitely dress up any look 🙂

9. Cheryl September 5, 2013 at 6:50 am #

I love how you style the patterned jeans! 🙂

• Natalia September 5, 2013 at 6:53 am #

Thank you! They’re definitely fun!

10. Kristin September 5, 2013 at 7:30 pm #

Love a good print and that print looks AMAZING with color!

• Natalia September 6, 2013 at 4:50 am #

Thanks! Aren’t they so fun!?

11. Ashley September 6, 2013 at 8:26 am #

I am seriously so impressed. 9 ways to wear patterned pants?! You seriously blew my mind! I have one patterned pair of pants and I have worn them… twice. Haha, I have a lot to learn. Thanks for the inspiration!

• Natalia September 8, 2013 at 5:46 am #

So funny! Well, hopefully you have some new ways to wear them & get more out of your wardrobe! Thanks for stopping by! 🙂

12. Jessi @ Practically Functional September 7, 2013 at 11:36 am #

Ooh love it, great ideas! I have a few pairs of patterned pants but I just don’t wear them often enough. Pinning this, and thanks so much for sharing at my link party!

• Natalia September 8, 2013 at 5:35 am #

Thank you! I hope this was inspiration to wear those patterned pants more! Thanks for stopping by!

13. Lauren September 12, 2013 at 4:55 pm #

Cutest pants!!

Thank you for linking up with Style Sessions!

Lauren xx

1. What's In Style? - the domestic fringe - September 6, 2013

[…] from Ma Nouvelle Mode showed us nine ways to wear patterned jeans this week.  If you missed it, you’ll want to check it […]