What I Wore

I just love summer. I’m sure I’m not alone here, right? I mean, no schedules, fly by the seat of your pants, swimming right after breakfast (because it’s THAT hot!!).

I mean, I like my schedule, but it’s fun to not be tied down. It’s days like yesterday where I love my job and life. I did a little work in the morning and then Tae wanted to wash my car for money. So we got out the stuff, went outside and washed the car. Eli ‘helped’ like only Eli can, and Tae did a really good job!

This turned into Tae wanting to start his own business & us heading over to the grandparents house & washing their car! They are always so sweet and Tae felt so big. He made $10 yesterday and is already looking for more work! Then a little pool time & football practice!

navy dress leopard belt

Anyway, how about some outfits! This is my new StitchFix dress and I love it. It’s cute and can be worn casually, but can easily be dressed up. I also got this beautiful necklace in my last Fix but haven’t been able to wear it yet.

This jean jacked was worn before the massive heat wave. Now it’s making me hot just looking at these pictures!

navy dress

Taylor & Stylist sent me this beautiful dress. It’s short, mainly because I’m so tall, but it’s so pretty. And I’m sure I’ll be able to find some other ways to wear it. I love this starfish cuff they have. So pretty!

And yes, I’m wearing these 6 inch heels. I had to wear them for my friends wedding a while back. I start off at 6 feet tall, so I’m ginormous in these! They’re so pretty though, I still wear them. Who cares!

taylor & stylist dress

And and my hair. Let’s talk about my hair. I am starting to realize that if I’m going to be a ‘beauty blogger’ I might have to color my hair more than twice a year. Look at those roots!

taylor & stylist

Aahhh, much better!! I finally got my little bootie to Sally’s and colored my hair. It feels good to have it done! This outfit I wore when it was so stinkin’ hot and we went down to LA for a Fire Department vs Police Department basketball game. So fun!

summer white shorts

And these shorts are a new favorite. I have been wearing them way to often since I bought them. They’re from the Bebe outlet for only $15!! I want to go back and get more colors, they are so comfortable! And I love the belt which came with them.

white shorts

Okay so you guys, I’m speaking on a panel at BlogHer 13 this year. I am so nervous! I am not nervous about the concert at all, I love meeting new people and think that part will be fabulous. It’s the speaking part. The ladies I’m on panel with have been blogging since 2006 and 2008. I’ve been blogging since 2011. Needless to say, they’re a little ahead of me.

The insecure Natalia can’t get the “what do I have to offer?” thoughts out of my head. My husband is doing my best to encourage me but it’s hard! What did they see in me? What did they think I had to offer? How can I offer information to people that might even be further along with me? I’m speaking in Style Mini-Con and I don’t really even feel that stylish!

I don’t really know how to ramp myself up for this. I don’t know how to gain the confidence I need to do this. Just when I start thinking I’ve got it, something else brings me down.

The thing is, I’m good at encouraging others. I love to come along side people and help them reach for their dreams. And I love seeing people get there! But me? Do I do this for myself? Nope.

So I’m reaching out. Do you have any suggestions for me? How do you get ready for a big opportunity that you’re nervous about? Any kind of self esteem boosters would be great!

22 Responses to What I Wore

1. Pomereta July 3, 2013 at 5:49 am #

Well, my thoughts about your fears: I totally disagree with you…you have so much to offer!! Your blog is not just about style, fashion or hair, is about real women in the real world, women with family with a low budget to spend in beauty product or clothes, women who struggle with parenting, women who have forgotten that besides being mums and wives they are also “women”. Is about encouraging normal women to feel beautiful and sexy inside as well as the outside, you show women that the beauty comes from the inner, you are showing us that it doesn’t matter what size or age we are all beautiful in our own way, but the most important: you are showing us that all the changes start inside us. Personally love your blog and keep coming back to it because is refreshing, and many of your posts make me feel like I’m not alone, that is OK to have a “bad day”. So, there: do you need more reasons to believe to have plenty to offer?

• Natalia July 3, 2013 at 3:46 pm #

You’re absolutely amazing. THank you so much. I feel like we’re friends too even though we’ve never met. Which we should fix sometimes soon, okay? 🙂 I really appreciate hearing those things because I try. I try to be relatable. I want women to feel comfortable to me. I am not a rock star fashionista and that’s okay. Thank you for your encouragement today, I needed it!

• Pomereta July 4, 2013 at 3:16 am #

Thanks Natalia, you put a lot of effort in this blog and is really appreciated. You see, I live abroad too, and even knowing that I have been blessed with a wonderful man (love him to bits) sometimes can’t avoid missing my origins and who I used to be, feels like I have lost myself a bit along the way…is so nice to find that I’m not alone, that is nothing wrong with me. So, yes we have to meet sometime. And don’t be afraid you have plenty to say ;O)

• Natalia July 7, 2013 at 5:11 pm #

You’re in Spain, right? I’m planning a trip there right now! I’m thinking the end of October. Where exactly are you?

• Pomereta July 9, 2013 at 1:21 am #

Hahaha!! No, I’m from Spain but have been living in Ireland for the last 7 years. Which part of Spain are u visiting?

• Natalia July 9, 2013 at 8:26 pm #

Oh okay – I knew it was something with Spain! Well, we haven’t planned it yet, but I am thinking around the end of October going there & traveling around for a little bit with my kids & mom. (My husband will be working) Any suggestions?

• Pomereta July 12, 2013 at 2:25 am #

I would say that for 1st visit to Spain people find logical to go Madrid or Barcelona (the capital and the 2nd largest town in the country). Will come back to you when I have a bit of time and give you more details, is that OK?

• Natalia July 12, 2013 at 1:10 pm #

That’s perfect! You can e-mail me at natalia@manouvellemode.com Thanks! 🙂

2. Agi July 3, 2013 at 7:19 am #

Congrats on speaking at the blog her conference. I suggest speaking from your heart and from experience. Relate to people, that’s what people want. I know that’s what I would want if i attended. Love your outfits on the blog today.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

• Natalia July 3, 2013 at 3:43 pm #

Thank you Agi! Such an encouragement, I appreciate it! 🙂

3. Danielle Bentley July 3, 2013 at 8:02 am #

Love all the outfits! You look beautiful! 🙂 x

opheliaevernote.blogspot.com

4. The Domestic Fringe July 3, 2013 at 12:58 pm #

You look really fabulous in those outfits! Love that first dress.

You will be a perfect speaker. You bring a whole new fresh perspective to a panel of “old” bloggers. You do a wonderful job speaking in all your videos, so I know you’ll be fabulous at the actual “talking” part and although you are extremely stylish (in my opinion), you are also relatable and down to earth. I love that and I’m sure tons of other women in the audience will too.

You’re a real woman, wife, and mom, living in the everyday just like the rest of us. I like that. And, you’re making the best of the body and life God gave you. That’s inspiring.

Go knock em’ dead!
    ~FringeGirl

• Natalia July 3, 2013 at 3:43 pm #

Thank you for your encouragement, Tricia! I really appreciate it! It’s tough because I don’t feel as successful as these other girls. My husband is trying to encourage me not to go off of feelings, but what is truth. They chose me. So even if I’m not as successful as the others, they must have seen something in me they liked. I’m trying to hold onto that!

5. Lindsey B July 3, 2013 at 1:41 pm #

I love them all! $15 for shorts AND a belt? Score! And who cares how tall you are, rock those shoes! They look fabulous on you and who doesn’t want to be supermodel tall? 🙂 And the other day I did my OOTD pics and when I uploaded them I thought “Are my roots really that bad??” I was embarrassed to even post the pics and I almost didn’t! haha I do my own color at home too and it costs me a whole $4!! At home colorers unite! 😉

Lindsey
    High Heels and Training Wheels

• Natalia July 3, 2013 at 3:41 pm #

Thanks for the encouragement! Yes, at home color works wonders! I can’t justify spending over $60 to color my hair when I know I can do just as good of a job at home! And when I rock those shoes, I’m more than super model tall, I’m ginormous! But I really don’t care, heck I’m tall and there’s nothing I can do about it!

6. Hillary July 3, 2013 at 4:20 pm #

You are so freaking GORG! Gorgy gorge. I need to figure out a way for people to send me clothes too.

• Natalia July 3, 2013 at 7:23 pm #

LOL you’re funny. Just ask! And why haven’t we hung out?? Busy beach girl… 🙂

7. Wendy July 3, 2013 at 4:46 pm #

You are going to be fabulous! BlogHer peeps picked you for a reason!! And stop comparing your blogging experience with your fellow panelists – it doesn’t matter. Share what you’re passionate about — everything else will fall into place.

• Natalia July 3, 2013 at 7:22 pm #

Thank you Wendy, I appreciate it. You’re so right, stop comparing! Geez, how many times do you think I’d have to hear that before it would sink in? 🙂

8. Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims July 3, 2013 at 5:01 pm #

Who cares when they started blogging! You’re a seasoned vetran by now too 🙂 Everyone is automatically going to think you’re so cool and awesome (cause you are!) just cause you are sitting up there! You will be FABULOUS! 🙂

• Natalia July 3, 2013 at 7:22 pm #

Thanks girl, you’re so sweet! Are you gonna be there? It’d be so fun to meet you in person! Oh and hey – I’m moving back to France, near Nantes! Isn’t that where you lived when you were there?