We’re going back to basics, ladies!
I started a little series last week called Back to Basics. I started with showing you my bobby pin technique. I also showed you a few styles in the video including the braided bouffant. The idea of this is to show you all the basics and once you combine them all you should be able to create any look you’re going for. Because I know hair can sometimes be intimidating, I’m trying to take the scariness out of it & make it fun!
So let’s get started. Every girl should know how to create a good tease in their hair and be able to make it into a cute style. It’s really not hard and with the right products, it will stay all day.
Here is my before and after:
So in the video below I talk about what products I use. I thought I’d link to them here so you could check them out if you’d like.
- Root Lifting Pump – I use Big Sexy Hair Root Pump but I’ve also used Aquage which is fabulous.
- Blow Dry Gel – Once again I use Big Sexy Hair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel and I can’t get enough. You guys, it’s absolutely fabulous and creates so much volume. Buy it for sure!
- Dry Shampoo – I’m currently on the market, but I’ve use this one and liked it. In the video I’m using Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play.
- Teaser comb — something like this.
- Hair spray – I like Kenra 25, it’s a strong hold but lately my favorite has been Redken 28 because not only is it a strong hold, it smells so yummy!
That’s it! You don’t have to use all these products, but I would suggest at least using the dry shampoo & hairspray to hold the tease. Here is the video tutorial so you can see!
Well, there you have it! I really hope you liked it and found it helpful. If you have any suggestions about anything else you’d like to see in this ‘Back to Basics’ series.
Have a great weekend!