It’s no secret that I like me some lip color. The more colorful and bright, the better. I think it adds so much pizzazz to any outfit or look. Here’s the problem. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard someone say, “That’s a beautiful color, but I could never pull it off,” or, “That looks great on you, but it wouldn’t look great on me.” Well ladies, I am here to say that it is NOT TRUE!! Phew, okay, settle down, Natalia. Sorry for shouting, it’s just that it’s really not true. It’s not true that only a certain type of woman can pull off certain lipstick colors. It’s not true that you have to be a makeup lover to wear a bright color. And really, it’s not true that you have to know what you’re doing before you buy that first color. So today I wanted to share a few pointers and hopefully you will leave feeling empowered and wanting to go buy a bold lip color. Because trust me, you can pull it off, and you will look fabulous!
It’s intimidating, I know. Trust me, I was there a little while ago. I just randomly bought my first red lipstick almost two years ago now. But here’re a few suggestions.
- Start with a lipstick that feels glossy, like you’re wearing chapstick, so you won’t feel self-conscious about yourself all day. You may even forget it’s there! Revlon Super Lustrous™ Lipstick is absolutely amazing.
- Start by wearing a color you feel comfortable with. So if red is super intimidating to you, try a pink or a coral. Both are very pretty options and once you see how fabulous they look, you’ll be ready for the red in no time.
- Start by wearing the color around the house. Maybe on housework day or something. That way you’ll be able to get yourself used to how it feels and how it looks in the comfort of your own home. Perfection.
There is absolutely no need to go out there and spend $25+ on lipstick. And I own a few like that. But you know what? The colors that I come back to again and again are the colors I picked up at your local convenience store. So when Revlon sent me some of their beautiful shades, girl let me tell you, I was excited. And if you follow me on Instagram, then you saw it.
Fuchsia Shock Lipstick & Pink Pop Lip Gloss
There are lip colors out there that are matte or long stay or just really dry & hard to wear. You have to make sure you prep & wear it with lip gloss and check throughout the day to make sure it’s not flaking off. So if you’re unsure, start with colors that go on soft and feel silky smooth. Revlon lipsticks have LiquiSilk™ formula, which seals in color and softness. Best of both worlds, really.
If I still haven’t convinced you to get out there and purchase some lipstick, here’s my last point. Start with lip gloss! If you’re not used to wearing anything on your lips, this is a perfect way to start. It will get you used to having something on your lips, and prep you for when you’re ready to start wearing more color. Revlon Super Lustrous™ Lipgloss is moisturizing, conditions lips with Vitamin E & avocado oil (which also prevents tackiness) and it’s a non-irritating formula. Then when you’re ready, you can move right into color! You obviously know that Revlon lipstick is a no-brainer for me. They sent me these 6 products
Lipsticks: Lover’s Coral, Rich Girl Red, & Fuchsia Shock
Lipglosses: Sugar Violet, Pango Peach, & Pink Pop.
Are you inspired?! I sure hope so! I think every woman should have some color in her makeup bag. Lips are such an easy, fun way to do that. You can check out Revlon’s products here and their Facebook Page here. So now it’s your turn! Tell me in the comments: What is your best kept beauty secret? You will automatically be entered into a drawing to win a $50 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 6/28/2013-7/22/2013.
Be sure to visit the Revlon brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!