Confident is Beautiful

This blog is mostly about fashion and hair and beauty. If you come here often, you probably know that is mostly what you’re going to get. And I think that’s great. I believe that we can make ourselves pretty, take time for ourselves, and put effort into our looks. I don’t believe that it is vain. I believe it can be vain, but when kept under control I think it’s healthy.

What I haven’t done a good job at talking about is how this can relate to you personally. It’s so easy to look at someone on a screen and say “If I had their____ (fill in the blank) then I would be beautiful. Or confident. Or stylish.” I really don’t want you to feel like this when you come to my site. I want to encourage you to embrace your beautiful, however that looks for you!

I want so bad to reach out to these women and say WHY?! Why do you need that person’s good trait? What’s wrong with yours? What about you is beautiful? What about you do you love?

I think it’s a great thing to look at a website and learn from what they have to say, get fashion advice or makeup tips, but we need to stop comparing and being so hard on ourselves. Women – all of us! — need to embrace our own beauty. The Creator of the universe made you the way you are! Embrace the beauty he’s given you, inside & out, and live with confidence!

I saw this video while browsing around on Facebook and the girl who is speaking does so well in articulating this all using her own experiences. I just had to share it with you.

Like my husband always says – “If I don’t love me, then who will?”

Let’s stop comparing and start encouraging! Find another women and encourage her today. I am sure she will be so grateful!

15 Responses to Confident is Beautiful

1. brittany t June 25, 2013 at 6:10 pm #

awh! couldn’t agree with you more! when i do take the time to get ready i do feel more confident and confidence can and does make you beautiful! I recently hinted about how vain i used to be and you conveyed what i was trying to say…that vanity that is out of control and then that’s bad/shallow, but taking time for yourself and dressing up/putting makeup on (not saying it has to be super fancy or anything) is healthy..it shows we care about ourselves…allowing our inner beauty to shine through to our exterior.

• Natalia June 25, 2013 at 7:27 pm #

yes! Yes to all of those things! 🙂

2. The Domestic Fringe June 25, 2013 at 7:53 pm #

Love this post and the video. You’re right, we’re too quick to point out what we like about other women and too quick to dwell on things we dislike about ourselves.
    ~FringeGirl

• Natalia June 28, 2013 at 11:17 am #

It’s tough isn’t it?! I want to encourage women to stop & embrace their own beauty!!

3. Erika Vartsaba June 26, 2013 at 1:03 am #

This post contains all the things I do need to feel more confident. There are days when I feel pretty and I accept myself the way I am but most of the times I still have this dump feeling not being nice and then I start daydreaming about wanting to change my hair, ma face, my skin etc. I think it is a wip for me. Anyway, I love how you reached out to me (once again) with this post! I don’t know what I would do without your blog, Natalia! Seriously, I just need to read such words!!!!

• Natalia June 28, 2013 at 11:17 am #

You are so encouraging, thank you! We’ve all been there, we all understand! And we all have had those days. And it’s okay too, becuase life is a process. So when we feel like that we just have to do something nice to make ourselves feel better, snap out of it and keep moving!!

4. Pomereta June 27, 2013 at 4:09 am #

Totally agree, we tend to compare ourselves with this model or that actress too much and we always loose in the comparison. We are who we are, accepting that and trying to be our best selves in the only way to feel happy, beautiful and be confident…and YES, confident women are sexy!! Have to remind that to my self when having a bad day. P.S. I better go and change my pyjamas, don’t feel sexy or confident on it ;O)

• Natalia June 28, 2013 at 11:15 am #

LOL!! We’ve all been there and some days are good to be pajama days. Sometimes we just need them! But I think you’re right about the actress thing too, I mean even they have things they hate about themselves too! We just never see it, we see all the pretty made up side. It’s better to just be happy with what you have!

5. Agi June 27, 2013 at 7:41 am #

I totally agree. I know I have to stop myself from looking at other women and wishing I looked like them. I want to teach my son to be happy with who he is and what God gave him. And I also agree with the above comment about taking the time to make ourselves to be the best.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

• Natalia June 28, 2013 at 11:13 am #

I totally agree, and it matters how we view ourselves for our kids, like you said! It’s a lifelong process, but worth the effort 🙂

6. City Style Clothing September 4, 2013 at 3:34 pm #

Having a positive and confident outlook definitely helps bring about good karma to your day.

7. Maria @ Gipsy Dharma September 20, 2013 at 7:48 pm #

Confidence really can make a difference and can attract good things to your life.

8. Danielle October 12, 2013 at 7:13 pm #

I totally agree with you! I just relaunched my blog with a focus on Finding Your Fabulous. Since I’ve turned 40, I’ve decided I will be more interested in makeup, my hair, but also finding myself through tae kwon do, building friendships and more. Hair and beauty can certainly boost your confidence, but there is so much more to life! CommentLuv isn’t working for me, but my blog is MissMouthy.com if you’d like to check it out!

• Natalia October 13, 2013 at 2:02 am #

Hi! I totally agree! I love hair and beauty and fashion and everything, but I don’t like women comparing and wishing they had things or were things that they aren’t. I think we all need to find ways to embrace our own beautiful! I am definitely heading over to check you out – thanks for commenting!

9. Bibika@Celebteethwhitening December 3, 2013 at 2:15 pm #

The thing is i feel i’m not dwelling enough. My day job, my kids the house and a husband on top:)) it is like i just have to brush my hear and put on my day cream – look and feel clean and ready to go. After my second pregnancy i got like 20 kg up and see my clothes does not fit, but i never see myself as a fat person, i see me beautiful, not perfect but good to go. Maybe if i dwell a bit more i would have a great motivation to get this fat off, for health reasons if not for looks.