7 Bloggers, 7 Pieces, 7 Ways – Remix your Wardrobe!

Hello!!

I am so super excited about today’s post!! I have been waiting for it for a while. Remember a little while back when I took 7 pieces from my closet and remixed them to create 7 different outfits? And then again when I wore only skirts & shorts for a week, remixing again? Or when I showed you how to pack light & still travel in style?

Well, I’m at it again! And this time, I made sure to round up some other fabulous bloggers to showcase how they can remix their closet too! Meet the June remix ‘team’ if you will.

Aren’t you excited? So much inspiration!! Let me give you a little run down about the 7×7 Remix and at the end of this post, you’ll have a chance to link up your fashion remix posts as well!

So most of you reading this are women. And most women like to shop. I, myself, am included. However, it can get expensive every time you want to create a new outfit you need to buy a new piece. Enter the idea of shopping your closet. It works for all types of closets too! If you’re like me and don’t have a large wardrobe, it helps you get creative with what you have and not feel the need to shop every chance you get. I also had someone tell me that they actually had a large closet but end up wearing the same outfits all the time. The challenge will help you expand your choices for sure!

7x7

For this challenge we each took 7 pieces of clothing, including shoes (yes, that makes it hard!), and remixed it to create 7 different outfits. Jewelry, accessories, hats, scarves don’t count. So accessorize to your hearts content! The rules are super strict, it’s more the spirit of the challenge. So if you link up and don’t have exactly 7 pieces or 7 outfits – I don’t care! I just love that you tried!!

Are you ready for my pieces? Here we go:

7 pieces

Two pairs of shoes, shorts, maxi skirt, maxi dress, orange tee, and gray floral top.

It’s summer, but we’re in the middle of June gloom, so it’s not super hot yet. You have to go with pieces that go together but don’t necessarily match. It definitely makes the remixing easier.

7x7remix

1.) Cute & casual

orange & floral shirts

Shorts // Shirt // Floral Top // Shoes  (similar) // Earrings

I recently met a friend at the beach and arrived a little early. Naturally, I drug the boys into an Old Navy that was close by. I bought these shorts and the top was on sale for around $5. The floral shirt is from my first StitchFix box. I wore this to a church picnic and out to see family. Perfect for a relaxing afternoon!

2.) Maxi Dress & Skirt

maxi dress and skirt collage

Maxi Dress // Maxi Skirt // Shoes (similar)

I bought the Maxi dress from Kris&Kate a little bit ago and LOVE it. It’s got that fun flowy top part which made it perfect to pair with the maxi skirt! (also from Kris&Kate) I added the red belt to add some color and pulled the skirt up to have it higher on the waist. Red lips and feather earrings to finish it off! Oh and you can get 5% off anything at Kris & Kate by using the code Nouvelle5.

3.) Super Casual

orange shirt and shorts Shirt // Shorts // Shoes  (similar)

This is perfect for your everyday summer day. Flats, shorts, & a tee. I tied the tee to the side to give it a little something different. I recently bought an orange Revlon lipstick that is fab-u-lous. I mean, it’s the perfect orange. I will be wearing it a lot this summer.

4.) Plain Maxi

maxi dress collage

Dress // Shoes  (similar) // Sunglasses

This is the Kris&Kate maxi I was telling you about. And if you haven’t checked them out, do it now, they’re fabulous. I get their e-mails so I always know when there’s a deal. I bought this one and the skirt. Remember you can also use the code Nouvelle5 for 5%. Isn’t it a fun tribal print? And I absolutely love the top of it. So pretty & flattering.

5.) Maxi Skirt & Tee

orange shirt

Shirt // Maxi // Shoes (similar)// Belt (similar)

For this outfit I pulled down the skirt to more on my hips, wore my leopard flats & belt with the orange top. Done! Super easy, pretty outfit for everyday. These are the kinds of outfits I love as a mom. You are comfortable and can be active but you’re still cute. This skirt will be a summer staple!

6.) Floral Shirt with Shorts

floral shirt & shorts

Shirt // Shorts // Shoes  (similar) // Earrings // Sunglasses (similar)

It’s funny, I never thought about pairing these two together until this remix challenge! In fact, I didn’t have this shirt as a part of my 7 until I saw it and threw it on. Then I knew I had to incorporate it. I’m glad I did too, it worked so well! My husband really liked this outfit too. Another one where you’re cute & casual & still practical.

7.) Maxi skirt dressed up

maxi & floral shirt

Shirt // Skirt // Necklace  (sold out – but here’s theire necklaces)// Shoes

This (and #6) are my favorite outfits that came out of this remix challenge. I wore this to church on Sunday and it was perfect. I tucked the shirt all the way in & pulled the skirt a little higher & added a thick belt. I wish you could see the necklace better, it’s a beautiful a-thread necklace, I love it. I wore my orange lipstick again. I think I wore it everyday after buying it. And my hair (it’s getting longer!) is parted down the middle with some beachy curls.

I wanted to show you a quick close up of the earrings I wore a few times. They’re a beautiful coral-orange and went perfectly with all my outfits for this challenge, I had to try to wear other pieces! They’re from an online boutique called INPINK and they’re offering 30% off using the code NATALIA30.

earrings2

OKAY! Guess what? It’s your turn! We have a link up below, you can link your remix fashion posts below! If you tried the challenge and didn’t make it to 7 outfits – no problem, link up! If you remixed 1 piece 3 ways – no problem, link up! Any post with the ‘spirit of the challenge’ we’d love to see them!

Don’t forget! Share your outfits & posts via Instagram & Twitter using the hashtag #7x7remix and we will be able to check them out! There’s gonna be so much inspiration!

I’d love it if you checked out all the hosts listed at the beginning of this post. If you’re a blogger & you’d like to be involved, e-mail me! (natalia@manouvellemode.com) Here they are again for your convenience:

Alrighty – link up below! Can’t wait to see what ya’ll got!

45 Responses to 7 Bloggers, 7 Pieces, 7 Ways – Remix your Wardrobe!

1. Mary Kate June 12, 2013 at 4:28 am #

Great idea! Love the 7×7 concept! Fun inspiration. Thanks!!

• Natalia June 12, 2013 at 6:02 am #

Thank you! I am glad you liked it! Love they way you put yours together! Thanks for joining the fun!

2. Aleksandra June 12, 2013 at 5:06 am #

Great combinations, and also you hair 🙂 This is one creaCtive idea. Maybe I`ll join. I `ve been wanting to do something similar for a while, just didn`t know how to call it 🙂

• Natalia June 12, 2013 at 6:01 am #

Oh yes, I’d love it if you joined! I am planning on doing them once a month I think, so if you don’t get around to it now, maybe next month!

3. Alison @ Get Your Pretty On June 12, 2013 at 5:33 am #

GORGEOUS! I love the colors in your outfits, especially the pop of orange. You did a superb job girl!

• Natalia June 12, 2013 at 6:00 am #

Thank you! I had fun doing it! I didn’t plan it very well either, & it still worked out. Thanks for doing the challenge with us!

4. Tamara @ The Workout Mama June 12, 2013 at 6:40 am #

This is so fun!

5. Sandy a la Mode June 12, 2013 at 7:25 am #

you did SUCH an awesome job w/ this girl!!!

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

• Natalia June 12, 2013 at 4:20 pm #

Hey! I e-mailed you to participate and never got a response! Would you be interested in co-hosting next time?

6. Amanda Cobb June 12, 2013 at 7:27 am #

Cute!! I think #6 is my favorite, too.

Also, I had a lot of fun with this challenge – thanks for hosting! 🙂

• Natalia June 12, 2013 at 7:43 pm #

No problem! I think I’m gonna try to do it once a month! Lots of great feedback and people seem to like it.

7. Cindy @ Everyday To Us June 12, 2013 at 7:30 am #

Love this. When will you be doing this again? I want to participate 😀

• Natalia June 12, 2013 at 4:19 pm #

I am hoping to do it once a month. Add your e-mail to the ‘subscribe’ thing on the side and I’ll send you an e-mail for when the next one will be!

8. Kristin June 12, 2013 at 8:11 am #

Gorgeous looks! Love the maxis!

• Natalia June 12, 2013 at 4:18 pm #

Thank you! They worked well!

9. Agi June 12, 2013 at 8:13 am #

Thanks for hosting this Natalia. Loving your 7×7.

Link up tomorrow for my weekly tres-chic fashion thursday link up.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

• Natalia June 12, 2013 at 4:21 pm #

I’ll do my best to remember to link up tomorrow! Thanks for letting me know!

10. Ashley June 12, 2013 at 8:41 am #

Thanks so much for dreaming this challenge up! I had so much fun putting together 7 looks!

I really like the jean shorts with the orange tee – simple, but chic. And the way you knotted the shirt adds a little pizazz 🙂

• Natalia June 12, 2013 at 4:18 pm #

Thank you so much. I love that you were able to link up! Your looks were amazing! That striped dress is so versatile. I love your blog name too, by the way, so cute! Thanks for leaving a comment!

11. Lauren June 12, 2013 at 10:11 am #

Your outfits turned out great!! I especially love # 6 and # 2. I never thought to layer a maxi skirt over a maxi dress!! I have a very similar maxi, I should try it!

Lauren
    My 7X7 Remix
    Exploring My Style

• Natalia June 12, 2013 at 4:16 pm #

Oh good! I am so glad to see you linked up, thank you! I loved your outfits!

12. Ada June 12, 2013 at 11:44 am #

Hi, I am Ada. I found your blog through GET YOUR PRETTY ON. I am loving this 7 bloggers, 7 pieces, 7 ways challenge and I understand it will be a monthly one. I want to participate in July as one of the 7 Bloggers. I am a New Mom and this will be a Great, Creative, Fun Challenge for myself so please include me on the next one.

I am loving ALL the outfits you put together, especially the 2 Casual Outfits with the Shorts, as well as the Maxi Dress on its own. I took a peek around your blog too & I like it a lot. I would love for us to support and follow each other. Do you have Bloglovin, or how can I follow you, Natalia? Let me know.

P.S. Love your name.

Have a Great New Week, Ada. =)

• Natalia June 14, 2013 at 8:06 am #

Hi! So glad you liked it and was able to participate! It’s a fun challenge, isn’t it? I’m doing the next one in July, so hopefully you can join! All my links on how to follow are at the top right of my blog if you’d like. Thanks for your compliments!

13. Audrey @ Putting Me Together June 12, 2013 at 12:02 pm #

Great job, Natalia! I love your maxi dress, and all of your maxi dress/skirt looks. Very perfect for June gloom!

• Natalia June 12, 2013 at 4:15 pm #

Thanks Audrey! Loved having you on board with this, it was fun!!

14. dearabbyleigh June 12, 2013 at 7:39 pm #

great challenge and outfits! i love the looks with the long black skirt – often those tend to look sloppy, but you are chic and beautiful in them! thanks for linking up with dress for the day!!

• Natalia June 12, 2013 at 7:42 pm #

Oh of course! Glad I found your link up! It’s got to be that maxi skirt. Because it’s fitted so it’s not really sloppy, I love it! So comfy!

15. Jackie June 13, 2013 at 7:01 pm #

Thanks so much for introducing everyone to this great challenge. It was really fun to participate!
    Your outfits came out nice. I checked out your original 7 for 7, and I am impressed how creative you have been with a smaller wardrobe. It just goes to show you don’t need a lot of “stuff” to dress wonderfully.

• Natalia June 14, 2013 at 8:04 am #

Exactly!! That’s exactly the point I’m trying to make! You don’t need a ton of ‘stuff’ to be cute & feel good about yourself! So glad you got to participate, I will be doing it monthly, so hopefully you can join again!

• Jackie June 14, 2013 at 10:47 am #

Natalia – I would love to try the 7 for 7 again. I think you pointed out somewhere that it’s more manageable than the 30 for 30 remix, while still getting the benefit of re-working your closet and dressing with intention and creativity. Count me in for the next one girl!

• Natalia June 14, 2013 at 1:25 pm #

Yay! Sounds good! If you add your e-mail to the side thing in the side bar you’ll get an e-mail when the next one goes live!

16. Caitlin @ Greater Than Rubies June 14, 2013 at 1:49 pm #

Natalia, you are gorgeous. I love the colors and patterns you used, and reading the story behind why you blog made me like you even more. 🙂 Looking forward to the next remix! Thanks for hosting us all.

• Natalia June 15, 2013 at 9:18 pm #

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it! You’re really so sweet, thank you. I can’t wait for the next remix either, I feel like this one was a hit!

17. Lauren @ Style of One's Own June 15, 2013 at 8:11 pm #

Love how you styled your 7! You did a great job at making them each look like totally separate outfits. And thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog… that was sweet!

Lauren
    Style of One’s Own

• Natalia June 15, 2013 at 8:50 pm #

Of course! I Really loved your remixes! And thank you for linking up, it was great to have you! Thanks for you comment too 🙂

18. Krista June 20, 2013 at 11:25 am #

I love your picks. Simply beautiful! I also did a remix with tall items. Thanks for inspiring me. http://tallsnob.com/2013/06/7-pieces-7-tall-outfits.html

• Natalia June 20, 2013 at 9:53 pm #

I’m glad you joined! Thanks for letting me know, I’m gonna go check it out!

1. What I Wore: 7 x 7 Remix Challenge | Dragonflight Dreams - June 12, 2013

[…] is something a little different and fun! I’m linking up with Audrey and Natalie for the 7×7 Remix Challenge. The idea is that you pick 7 pieces of clothing (shoes count, for […]

2. Teach in Style − 7X7 Challenge - June 13, 2013

[…] just need to use the ones we have! This challenge has been initiated by Putting Me Together and Ma Nouvelle Mode. Without further ado, here are the 7 pieces that I chose for this 7X7 […]

3. 7 Pieces 7 Outfits - Walking in Grace and Beauty - June 17, 2013

[…] Linking to: Putting Me Together , Ma Nouvelle Mode and […]

4. July 7×7 Challenge! | Ma Nouvelle Mode - July 9, 2013

[…] at it again, ladies!! Over 100 ladies linked up last time around for our 7×7 challenge and it was wonderful! It was so fun and I felt like so many people enjoyed it that we’d do it […]

5. July 7×7 Outfits | Ma Nouvelle Mode - July 17, 2013

[…] back to another 7×7 remix challenge! Last month me and a couple other cool bloggers did a challenge by taking 7 pieces of clothing & remixing them for 7 different outfits. Last month I was mean […]

6. What I Wore: 7 x 7 Remix Challenge #2 | Dragonflight Dreams - July 17, 2013

[…] right! I’m linking up with Natalia for another 7×7 Remix Challenge! You can see the first one here. If you’ve never seen […]

7. Floral shirt 5 Ways | Ma Nouvelle Mode - September 10, 2013

[…] to show you how I wore it 5 different ways! You may have seen these looks before from my first 7×7 remix challenge & the look in the middle is from Chicago. It really does seem like the options are endless. […]