As you may or may not know, our family travels a lot. With a husband from The Bahamas, me being from Southern California, and occasional travels to Europe, we get around. This might sound pretty glamorous to you, but let me break it down for ya.
My husband doesn’t care for travel. He is a basketball player professionally, so his idea of a vacation is to sit, relax, sleep, eat a lot, and watch movies. That’s it. History doesn’t interest him. Sight-seeing doesn’t interest him. Even laying out by the pool doesn’t interest him. Well, he is black, so he doesn’t need a tan.
Then there’s me. I love history. If I could travel the streets of old, where Napoleon walked, where Marie Antoinette lived, where the Romans conquered, I would. I could spend entire days walking and reading about history, discovering new places, and exploring new lands. I’m a little bit of a dreamer. I also like to keep busy, so my idea of a vacation involves a little more than laying around.
Then we have two little guys who couldn’t give a lick about history. They are active and have so much energy it wears me out to even think about it. They want to play, have fun, run, jump, swim, you name it. They want to keep busy & entertained.
Now bundle up us four and try to think of a vacation that works for everyone. It’s hard, right? Just this last Christmas I wanted to travel to Germany, Belgium, Holland, & Luxembourg and I was pretty much the only one. The boys would have been stuck in the car the whole time, Lavar would have been miserable, and I would have felt bad that everyone else was miserable!
Well, I finally have the answer. We need to take a cruise!
I used to work for a cruise line before I got married. I’ve taken a few cruises, but it’s nothing like what they have now. There is literally something for everyone!
Enter Norwegian Cruise Line.
See, my ideal family vacation is where everyone is happy and we are together. Norwegian Cruise Line says “They can do their own thing. Together.”
There are so many reasons why cruising is literally the best vacation option for a family. Especially with Norwegian, as you’ll see when you read on. So I’m gonna break it down for you by person. Then I am going to present it to my husband and just see what happens… Like a proposal. Although after you see his bullet point, I think it’s a shoo-in for our next vacay!
Let’s start with the kids program. It’s for all ages, so my 3-year-old can have a blast with activities for his age and my 6-year-old can do his thing too. My kids are very independent and wouldn’t mind being left in the kids place by themselves, but guess what? Parents can join in! They have plenty of family events for everyone to enjoy.
And since there are literally too many awesome points as to why my kids need this cruise, I’m gonna bullet point them for ya.
- – Encourages kids to play all day with non-stop activities and themed events. Is there anything worse than hiring a babysitter only to come back and see them watching a movie? I could have done that! Why am I paying you?!
- – They have something called Cirque Du Jour on the ship. It offers circus school consisting of a series of family workshops throughout the cruise including a circus show starring your kids and surprise pop-ups throughout the week by stilt walking clowns, balloon animal makers and much, much more! I mean, seriously?! What more could a kid ask for?
- – Offers all kinds of sporting activities every day of the cruise taking kids out of the kids’ area and throughout different areas of the ship. My boys are sports fanatics. Whether they are good at the sport or not, they want to play it. This is perfect.
- – The counselors are energetic and fun. It takes a lot of energy to keep up with my boys. I know, because I don’t have it. But with these counselors, I am sure they’ve met their match!
- – Exclusive to Norwegian, Nickelodeon characters join your kids aboard! I know my boys would love activities with Diego and friends!
Honestly, guys, I could keep going. I’m so stoked about this, I might just book a cruise when I’m done writing this post.
My husband isn’t a really complicated guy. He’s more like a one-bullet-point kind of guy. Here it is:
- Food. All you can eat. All included. You mean to say I can eat whatever I want, when I want, my kids are happy playing, and my wife is happy at the spa? SOLD.
That’s me. Queen Bee. The hardest to please. Well, here are my bullet points.
- No cooking for my bottomless pit of a family.
- Family activities where I can enjoy my kids and husband together and then leave them to enjoy the kids program while the husband and I have a date night. Can you say best of both worlds?
- I just have to unpack once and I get to tour many beautiful places? Possibly even more than one country? SOLD.
This could be me.
If you’re not already on their website searching for where your next cruise is going to be, then let me give you a few more bullet points.
- You can pretty much go anywhere. Alaska, Caribbean, Europe. With both short and long itineraries you can and will find the perfect family vacation.
- If you’re worried about price, check this out. Add up how much it would be to book a hotel, 3 meals a day for 4 people (or however many are in your family), activities for everyone, and transportation to see other places. With Norwegian, it’s all in one place. The prices are affordable and it’s all included.
- As I pointed out above, there’s something for everyone!
- Accommodation. You guys. They have adjoining interior rooms. Privacy for mom and dad and the kids are still right there. Yes, please! There are so many other options to fit your family’s needs.
Are you convinced? I know I am! We have wanted to take a cruise for a long time and when we do, Norwegian Cruise Line will be our choice. It just makes so much sense for everyone to have a dream vacation.
So tell me –
What is your dream vacation for your family?
Answer in the comments for a chance to win a cruise voucher for a family of four!! Read below for the official rules.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1.) Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2.) Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry“; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post. Here is a suggested tweet you can use:
“Just entered to win a cruise @NataliaLSimmons blog! You can enter here: http://bit.ly/14z7EGw #SweepstakesEntry”
3.) Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4.) For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
Entries from all participating blogs will be pooled for winner selection; only two entries per household.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/8/2013-6/2/2013.
Be sure to visit Norwegian Cruise Line’s brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!