Hi Ma Nouvelle Mode readers! My name is Tamara and I blog over at The Workout Mama. My husband Josh is a firefighter and I am a proud mama to our 10 month old son Caden. I teach yoga and personal train and love sharing my passion for healthy living with others.
As a new mom I know how challenging it can be to get a workout in during the day. Somedays all you have are 5 minutes. I have the perfect solution for you! Plus there is no equipment required. By using the weight of your own body you will work up a sweat and feel amazing that you took time for yourself.
You will perform each exercise for 1 minute. There are only 5 exercises so it will only take you 5 minutes to complete. Try and complete 5 rounds during the day whenever you have an extra 5 minutes. Or if you have 30 minutes you can bust out all 5 rounds at once, resting 1 minute between each round. Let’s check out the exercises!
Door Frame Rows: Targets: Shoulders, Traps, Lats
- Make sure you are holding on to a secure door frame before you try this. Place feet along sides of the frame and hold on at about chest height.
- Elbows should be pulled in close to your sides and chest should be very close to frame.
- Slowly extend your arms as you keep your body in a straight line. Pause at the bottom of the movement and use arms to return to starting position.
Squats: Targets: Glutes, Quads, Hammies, Core
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart or slightly wider. Hands down by your sides holding your weights.
- Sit back and down like you’re sitting into an imaginary chair. Keep your head facing forward as your upper body bends forward a bit. Lower down so your thighs are as parallel to the floor as much possible, with your knees over your ankles.
- Press your weight back into your heels. Return to starting position and repeat.
Walk Out Pushups: Targets: Shoulders, Chest, Core, Glutes
- Start standing up. Hinge forward from the hips keeping your back as straight as possible touch your fingers towards your toes.
- Bend knees slightly to place hands on the floor and crawl hands forward to a plank position.
- Stay in plank to modify or continue on by adding a pushup. If you need to modify the pushup set your knees down. Return to standing and repeat.
Alternating Lunges: Targets: Glutes, Quads, Hammies
- With hands on hips step right leg forward, bending deep into the right and left knee. Try to hover left knee several inches from floor.
- Return to standing and repeat on left leg.
- To intensify this movement hold arms straight out in front of you at shoulder height the entire time.
V-Situps: Targets: Core, Hip Flexors
- Lay on back and reach arms over head. Nope it is not nap time yet. But this is the last exercise of the round so stay commited.
- On an exhale bring toes and fingers straight up into the air directly over your hips and tap your fingers to your toes.
- Repeat. To modify bend your knees.
Fitness doesn’t have to be boring, and doesn’t need to be stressful. Instead of beating yourself up for what you didn’t do, be encouraged and feel amazing about what you did accomplish. Once you put the time in for your workout you won’t regret it.
I would love for you to leave me a message and tell me what you thought.