7×7 Remix your Closet with Hanes LegWear!

So last week I challenged myself to wear 7 pieces of clothing 7 different ways. It was an awesome challenge and accomplished more than I thought it would. I had to think outside of the box, I had to put together outfits I wouldn’t otherwise have done and I had to use what I chose. I have a limited closet and I find myself wearing the same things over and over again. This helped me branch out.

I actually had someone comment that they have a big closet with a lot of choices and still can’t find things to wear! This challenge is for everyone, you’ll have a whole new closet in no time!

So when Hanes Legwear sent me some sweet swag, I knew what my next challenge would be: skirts/shorts! Winter is supposedly over but the weather hasn’t quite caught up yet. It is getting warmer in these parts but still not warm. So what a perfect way to transition into spring than with skirts, shorts, tights, and thigh highs. Yep, you read that right, they sent me some lace thigh highs. Let’s just say my husband was happy.

Here’s what I had to work with and what ultimately inspired my looks:

hanes legwear Well, easy right? Black and sheer, I can do that! Honestly I thought I would only wear the black, but I ended up wearing mostly the sheer ones and let me tell you, I wanted to keep them on all the time. Like sleep in them, put them under my jeans, wear them with my bathing suit — you name it. They were comfortable, sucked everything in and smoothed everything out. Yes.Please.

So here’s the items on clothing I chose. I actually ended up with 8 (shhh I cheated!) because of the shoes. It’s tough to find 7 pieces that go together with shoes for each outfit!

remixing your closet

I went a little funky with it this time, didn’t I? A tiger shirt, a weird color of brown shorts that I have a hard time pairing with anything, a fancy skirt and a striped mini skirt! It was challenging, but it was fun and I ended up liking the outfits I put together and realize I would have never otherwise pieced them together!

Here’s what I came up with using my 7 pieces and Hanes LegWear for each outfit.

7x7 remix with Hanes Legwear Fun right?! I found a lot of cute ways to mix things up. The Hanes LegWear were seriously the best thing. Perfect for transitional periods like spring and fall. It was also fun to challenge myself to wear skirts for a week!

Let’s break down my outfits.

Tiger shirt & striped skirt

tiger shirt striped skirt

These kinda go but don’t go. It’s me trying to be a fashion blogger or something. This skirt is short and tight (a husband favorite) so I opted for the Seasonless Tights. Perfect for this outfit. It makes wearing a skirt a lot more cozy and practical.

Suited Shorts

shorts & shirt tucked in

I’m always so happy when I put together something my husband thinks won’t go but really looks fantastic. This was one of those looks. I thought I’d need the black tights again, but the silky sheer control tops worked better. And yes, I pulled those bad boys all the way up so they could do all the controlling I needed. I was also happy to tuck in this really long shirt for an entirely different look!

Bright & striped!

coral shirt striped skirt Another favorite! The bright shirt really adds a lot, doesn’t it? Once again, I opted for the silky sheer control tops instead of the black. I think it broke up the outfit a bit and brightened it up too. Super comfortable and as practical as it gets when wearing a skirt!

Bright shirt and shorts

coral shirt shorts These shorts. They kill me. Sometimes I think they’re so cute, but then they’re this weird brownish colors that goes with nothing but black. Or so I thought. Look – they go with this coral color! Definitely the benefit of this challenge – I wouldn’t have tried this otherwise! And once again, the silky sheers for the win!

Fancy skirt

fancy skirt shirt tucked in This is the only skirt that I chose that could have worked with the thigh highs. And while I like the thigh highs, I think they’re sexy and that my husband deserves sexy from me, I just couldn’t fit them in this week. They just didn’t work where I wanted them to. But rest assured, those babies will be getting put to the test!

BTW I think these shoes are too clunky for this skirt, but since the shoes were part of the challenge, I really had no choice. I supposed I could have broke my own rules *gasp!* but I chose to just go with it.

Tiger Shirt & Shorts

tiger shirt & shorts The two things I thought least likely to wear I wore the most! Imagine that! This tiger shirt and the shorts. I chose the black seasonless tights to go with this outfit although I think I could have easily swapped them out for the silky sheer. I just felt like the black ones needed some love too.

Tiger shirt & skirt

fancy skirt tiger shirt The tiger shirt again! I guess that’s what happens when you’re a mom of boys. I chose the silky sheers for this outfit, which I think make my legs look fantastic (thank you Hanes!) but this time I rolled up my skirt and cinched it with a belt. I think this helped make the shoes not as bad. I actually ended up liking it! Oh and the post to the right, I have to take all my own pics and I can’t tell you how frustrating it is between lighting & getting it focused. Seriously, I need a camera remote.

That’s it! What did you think of the outfits? Did you have a favorite? Would you have done it differently? Weigh in, I would love to hear your thoughts!

In the meantime, head out and grab some Hanes LegWear for this spring! They are beyond comfortable (I could have slept in them!) and affordable! You can find all pairs for under $6. How is that for transitional style?

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

50 Responses to 7×7 Remix your Closet with Hanes LegWear!

1. Alissa April 17, 2013 at 12:08 am #

Love all these outfits! Can you please come back soon and help me find some style?!

• Natalia April 17, 2013 at 2:34 am #

Girl what are you talking about? You are so stylish!!

2. Ashley April 17, 2013 at 4:04 am #

I love remix challenges!!!

I think my favorite outfit is the “fancy skirt” one.  So cute!

• Natalia April 17, 2013 at 1:12 pm #

Thanks! Half way through the challenge i thought “why the heck did I pick this skirt!” and it turned out okay!

3. Lindsey April 17, 2013 at 7:13 am #

I love the black skirt. Super cute! And I have, I think that same pair of brownish shorts, I always find it hard to match them. ThAnks for the inspiration!

• Natalia April 17, 2013 at 1:10 pm #

I do too! I always try to pair them with something and it always ends up being black. So boring! But this orange color worked!

4. Alison @ Get Your Pretty On April 17, 2013 at 7:16 am #

Awesome looks, I love the edginess you added to them!

• Natalia April 17, 2013 at 1:10 pm #

Thank you! It was a fun one to put together!

5. Gina @ Oaxacaborn April 17, 2013 at 7:44 am #

Love all of these looks, Natalia! And I love the way you write…always makes me laugh and makes me feel like we’re just sitting down having a laugh together!

• Natalia April 17, 2013 at 2:23 pm #

Thank you Gina! Seriously, means so much to me 🙂 Miss you! We need to catch up!

6. Renee April 17, 2013 at 11:24 am #

Girl, you are so dang adorable!! I love that black skirt!!!

• Natalia April 17, 2013 at 1:09 pm #

Thank you! It’s such a fun challenge and really good for my wardrobe!

7. CarolineG April 17, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

I absolutely love your 7×7’s – they’re totally inspiring, I have to try it with my wardrobe as I don’t have tonnes of clothes at all and even less that I wear! I love the coral top and the shorts the most, although the tiger tee is so cool and not something I’d normally go for at all (but am now thinking of putting on my list!)

• Natalia April 18, 2013 at 10:47 am #

It is seriously such a cool challenge! It has made me rethink what I have and work with it. It also helps when shopping, then i kind of have an idea of what I need. If you give it a try, let me know how it goes!

8. Lauren April 17, 2013 at 3:50 pm #

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your coral shirt with your striped skirt!!! SO CUTE!!  And the booties actually look really cute with the frilly skirt.  Great choices!

• Natalia April 18, 2013 at 10:05 am #

Thank you! It was a challenging one, that’s for sure, but fun to mix up my wardrobe!

9. Debbie @ Deliciously Inspired April 17, 2013 at 9:03 pm #

You are so creative and adorable in every outfit.

• Natalia April 18, 2013 at 10:04 am #

Thank you! You’re so sweet! 🙂

10. Stephanie April 18, 2013 at 7:18 am #

Looks 4 & 7 were definitely my favorites. I love that you called it a “fancy skirt” too. Hehe. What I found awesome is that you  mixed the “fancy” pieces in with the casuals (graphic tee). I love my fancy stuff, but let’s face it, how often do us mom’s get to sport the fancy stuff? It was great how you took the casual tee, paired it with a skirt, and was on your way. It would have been instinctive for me to throw on a pair of jeans and my flats and run out the door.

• Natalia April 18, 2013 at 10:02 am #

It’s totally true! I am learning to just mix things up and sometimes it works! Opens up a whole new wardrobe when you mix fancy & casual. You can wear it more places too! Thanks for your comment, glad you liked it!

11. christina April 19, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

totally love this challenge! and what you came up with =)

• Natalia April 20, 2013 at 4:09 am #

Thank you!! LOVE the button you made! 🙂

12. Donna April 20, 2013 at 8:10 pm #

Great outfits!  I remember ahem women stopped wearing nylons in the workplace. I was horrified and took a long time to get with the trend. are nylons back in?  Love what you’re doing here. Xo

• Natalia April 22, 2013 at 2:44 am #

I think it depends on the outfit! I’m not really trendy, but I wore them & liked it!

13. debbie panton April 21, 2013 at 6:44 pm #

Very cool idea. I try doing things like this but I end up pulling so much stuff out it gets kinda jumbled and takes too much time, and then the kids need something.. and all I’ve done is create a bit a mess for myself. Do you just randomly grab the 7 seven pieces or do you put some thought into that too? I know what you’re talking about … I don’t have a remote for my camera either… sometimes I’m barely back in the frame before the self timer finishes… some less than great shots. Sometimes I start with an inspiration picture from a magazine of online. How long did the whole process take you? Your outfits turned out great. So is 7 pieces of clothing ( I didn’t see the blazer with the items you laid out) and 2 footwear items? I think I’ll try this. Thanks.

• Natalia April 22, 2013 at 3:03 am #

These are all amazing questions! I am really so glad you asked so I could answer them. I tried to be purposeful about what I pull out. IT is messy, but I try to just clean it up right after I’ve chosen the 7 items. Try doing it after your little ones are asleep so that you don’t get interrupted. I try to visualize the outfits before the weeks starts so it takes the guessing game out of what to wear for the week. Starting with an inspiration from a magazine is an amazing idea! I think I will have to try that.

The general ‘rules’ would be items that you can wear by themselves would be counted as one of the 7 pieces. So shorts, skirts, tops, jeans etc. Items not counted are like the blazer, things you couldn’t wear alone. You wouldn’t go out with just a blazer on, you’d have to have a shirt underneath. This time, I kinda went with 8 because of the shoes, but the idea is that shoes count. But it’s the idea of shopping your closet that’s helpful, keeping it around 7 pieces. Hope this was helpful! I will be doing a post sometime in may more explaining the process. Thanks for asking!

• debbie panton April 22, 2013 at 3:51 pm #

Thanks. That was helpful. Will certainly try something like soon.

• Natalia April 26, 2013 at 2:20 pm #

I am glad you liked it! It’s really a great challenge for anyone, no matter what the size closet. It’s helps us work with what we have!

14. Sherry April 22, 2013 at 12:53 pm #

I am so inspired!! I feel like I need to challenge myself. You’ve come up with so many amazing looks. I LOVE them all but I think Bright Stripes and Fancy Skirt are my faves. Fab!
    xo~Sherry

• Natalia April 26, 2013 at 2:21 pm #

Thank you! I am so glad you liked them! It’s a fun challenge to do, let me know if you give it a try!

15. Niki April 24, 2013 at 5:00 am #

This is such a fun idea and I love all of the outfits you came up with! I need that skirt!!

• Natalia April 26, 2013 at 2:19 pm #

Thank you! It was fun to do!

16. Cassi April 24, 2013 at 5:56 am #

I love the tiger shirt and shorts together!

• Natalia April 26, 2013 at 2:19 pm #

Thank you! It’s funny those were what I thought would be the hardest and they were what I wore most!

17. Adrienne April 24, 2013 at 7:39 am #

Eek!! Love love those suited shorts and tiger graphic tee! So so cute! Love the remix concept also!
    Ps. Today is the first day of my new fashion linkup called “trending pretty”! Would love to have you if you’d like!

• Natalia April 26, 2013 at 2:18 pm #

Thank you! The tiger tee worked more than I thought it would! I would love to check out your party, could you leave a link?

• Adrienne April 27, 2013 at 5:58 am #

My blog is myblackwhitecolor.blogspot.com
        It will be every Wednesday. The first one is the post title Trending Pretty Debut on my page from this past Wednesday. Thanks so much for wanting to check it out!! Hope you have a good weekend!

18. Ashley April 24, 2013 at 8:23 am #

I love this post! Any post centered around new ways to wear something is a great one for me! I can’t afford to shop much (and I hate shopping haha) so I’m always trying to think of new ways to wear what I already have. Thanks for sharing your insight!

• Natalia April 26, 2013 at 2:17 pm #

I feel ya, I don’t shop that much either. It’s really great for any type of closet though because even those with a lot probably feel like there’s nothing to wear or that they wear the same things over and over. Maybe not all, but some! So this can help everyone!

19. Vicky April 24, 2013 at 9:34 am #

Love the booties with everything and that black and white skirt is great! Can’t wait for the post about the process. Came back again this week due to wiww.

Come link up with me for Whatcha Wearing Wednesday! http://www.themummychronicles.com/2013/04/whatcha-wearing-wednesday.html

• Natalia April 26, 2013 at 2:16 pm #

Oh thank you! I am so glad you got to come back and visit again. Yes, I have to go through the process and tips and everything. It’s a fun challenge!

20. Rachel G April 25, 2013 at 4:55 am #

I love wearing shorts and skirts with tights!

• Natalia April 26, 2013 at 2:14 pm #

Me too! It’s a great way to feel practical & still be feminine!

21. Adrienne June 6, 2013 at 5:02 am #

Very cute! I have the exact same black and white skirt. It’s hanging in my closet right where it’s been since I bought it last year. Tags still attached. I have had no idea what to wear with it, but I love the bright shirt. Duh. I’m gonna work on this this weekend. Thanks!

• Natalia June 6, 2013 at 10:46 am #

Oh yay! Can’t wait to see what you come up with! It’s really a fun challenge!

22. Sarcasm Goddess June 6, 2013 at 9:54 am #

What an awesome challenge! I am so fashion-dumb that I don’t think I could even come close to pulling this off. My favorite look of yours is the first one!

• Natalia June 6, 2013 at 10:44 am #

Oh I am sure you could! Give it a try but maybe without including shoes – so 7 pieces of clothing. It’s easier that way and a great way to ease into it!

1. Seven Remix - June 5, 2013

[…] Here is how Natalia remixed seven pieces from her wardrobe! […]

2. Get your #7x7Remix together! | Ma Nouvelle Mode - September 25, 2013

[…] how I didn’t wear pants for a week? Or when I packed 7 pieces of clothing for a vacation? And made it work? Or my personal favorite […]