Guys, I am loving my short hair.
There were some people that said “Don’t do it! Don’t shop off your hair!” And honestly, as much as I really don’t like the cut (not the best job I’ve had) I am loving styling it. Why? Because it’s fast. I can do so much in less time, that’s my kind of style. Although I loved my long hair and kind of miss it too. Hmm… now I’m starting to sound crazy.
So you all get the benefit of my loving to style my short hair – short hair tutorials! I had my hair curled the other day and whipped out some looks and I wanted to share them with you. First off:
Messy Side Bun for Short Hair
It’s easy peezy guys! And so pretty! I love that it is versatile. You can wear it out, maybe for a wedding, church, or just out and about. I know it’s gonna be a go-to look for me. Here’s some pics of the whole look:
Here is what you’ll need:
- Bobby pins
- Root lifting spray (I used this one but this one is amazing also)
- Dry Shampoo (this one is pretty stinkin’ good & I’ve heard this one is great too)
- Hairspray (one of my favorites, or this one is great too)
Here’s the run down, but you can see the video for more spcifically how to do it.
- Tease, tease, tease from crown and on the sides.
- twist and pin the opposite side of where the pony tail will be, leaving out two sections in front on each side.
- Secure in a pony tail to the side of your choice.
- Start pinning the curls to your head messily.
- Loosely pin back the front sections into the curls.
It’s really that simple, peeps! Don’t you love it? It’s now one of my favorite looks!
Oh and I talk a little bit about our tiny French bathroom and why it’s bizarre. Sometimes I wonder about the French. For a first world country, they sure got some things wrong. Anyway, enjoy!