Chambray Four Ways for Spring

Hey there!  I’m Alison, a mom of three, recovering yoga pants addict and mom style blogger at Get Your Pretty On.  My blog is all about being a mom without losing yourself.  I love translating trends into mom-friendly fashion and sharing outfit inspiration. Today I’m going to show how to wear one of my favorite trends, the chambray shirt.

Last fall, I added this staple to my closet and quickly discovered just how versatile it can be.

First I paired it up with colored denim.

Then I tried it with denim on denim.

After that I layered it under a sweater.

Then I created a simple look with leggings.

It’s perfect for layering or wearing on it’s own. The chambray shirt is truly a wardrobe workhorse.

Now I’m playing with ways to keep pairing it up as the weather warms up.  Here are four ways to get even more use out of your chambray shirt for spring and summer.

1.  With pastel jeans, a striped tank and floral flats.

Chambray with Mint Jeans

2.  With some floral shorts and wedges.

Chambray with Floral Shorts

3.  Over a maxi dress with metallic flip flops.

Chambray with a Maxi Dress

4.  Thrown over a bikini at the beach.

Chambray Over a Bikini

What’s that you say? You don’t have a chambray shirt yet? Well, we need to fix that!

Here are some options for every price point.

Spendy

[Madewell Perfect Chambray]

Mid-Range

[Caslon Pale Denim]

Thrifty

[Mossimo Chambray]

It’s Your Turn:  How do you plan to pair up your chambray shirt for warmer weather?

9 Responses to Chambray Four Ways for Spring

1. Linda March 5, 2013 at 11:39 am #

Look at how great your look! I’ve been trying on chambray tops and putting them back thinking they look a little dull. I missed it completely – I need to accessorize. 🙂 Thanks for the pretty tip!

2. Leslie March 5, 2013 at 7:49 pm #

Love the chambray trend over the last few years.  Love the versatility shown here!

3. Heather March 6, 2013 at 8:22 am #

Thanks for the wonderful inspiration for chambray shirts. I have two (one dark denim, one light) and neither one is getting enough use. I’m going to work at new ways of wearing them. You look marvelous in all looks, by the way!
    Heather from Friendship, Life and Style

4. Ashley March 6, 2013 at 8:58 am #

I love my chambray shirt! Definitely one of the best items I’ve ever bought. I love all the versatile ways you have worn it!

5. Inge March 6, 2013 at 9:09 am #

I love how versatile a chambray is. Thanks so much for shairing the spring/summer looks!

6. Traci Michele March 6, 2013 at 9:38 am #

great outfits you are adorable!

Here are mine if you get a second to take a peak:

7. Dee March 6, 2013 at 9:42 am #

What a great post!   I have a ton of chambray shirts that I need to start wearing.  Thanks for the ideas!

8. Alyssa W. March 6, 2013 at 4:34 pm #

Great job as always Alison.  I love my chambray shirt too, don’t we all by now?  LOL

9. Rachel G March 6, 2013 at 5:10 pm #

I’m spoiled because I have two denim shirts in two different styles–and I got them both years before this latest denim trend. I was prepared! 🙂 lol!