No Makeup, Makeup {Winter Edition}

hey HEY hey everybody!

I’m kinda excited to show you a tutorial I have prepared today. You know why I’m excited? Because I have a passion for inspiring women to embrace their beautiful. I want women to break out of the “She looks great, but I could never wear that” complex. Because why? Who made those ‘who can wear what’ rules? No one! We put them on ourselves and for no reason.

So for all you ladies out there that are intimidated by makeup. It looks beautiful on others, but you could never make yours look that way. Or for you ladies that think “I would love to have my makeup look nice, I just don’t have the time!” Or for those ladies that need a 5 minute makeup look.

I gotcha all covered.

5 Minute {Fool-Proof} Full-Face Makeup

5 minute full face makeup

I personally have three go-to effortless makeup looks. This way I can mix them up, feel beautiful everyday without doing the same thing over and over again. Today I want to share one of them with you. {Oh and here’s one and here’s another, in case you were wondering!}

Now onto the tutorial. I have a picture version for you Pinterest lovers out there. Feel free to pin away!

5 minute makeup

Eyes:

Face:

• Powder foundation with applicator or big fluffy brush (this one comes highly recommended!)
  • Blush or bronzer (this one is a personal favorite & I love this bronzer)

Lips:

• Tinted lip balm, like a tinted chapstick or gloss (this is the one I used in this post)

And you guys, that’s it! You’re done! It seriously takes me less than 5 minutes to bust this bad boy out. It’s a go-to look I wear quite often. And with my other two looks in my makeup bag of tricks, I am always ready to go in a flash!

full face under 5 minutes

Oh and I created a simple video for you for this look for all you video visual learners. I hope you enjoy! You can always find some more makeup & hair tutorials on my YouTube channel, I would love it if you subscribed!

So tell me, what are your favorite go-to makeup looks that help you get ready in a flash? Come on, be nice and share your secrets with the rest of us!!

Happy Monday!

, , ,

31 Responses to No Makeup, Makeup {Winter Edition}

1. Sandy a la Mode February 25, 2013 at 8:26 am #

i wish you could come over and do my makeup in the morning! this would take me soo long to do on myself haha!!

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

• Natalia February 25, 2013 at 9:35 am #

Oh Sandy, this one I know you could do! SO easy! 🙂

2. Terri Betz February 25, 2013 at 9:23 am #

You inspire me! Noone ever taught me to apply makeup! Now I’m try! Thsnk you for being like family to me! You rock girl!!!

• Natalia February 25, 2013 at 9:35 am #

OH I am so glad you liked this, thank you! I want to create looks that work for every woman, but just makeup lovers! thank you for your comment!

3. Natosha Zachary February 25, 2013 at 10:00 am #

Natalia, thank you so much for the awesome tutorial.  It is totally something I could do quickly.  Now I just need to find some tinted lip moisturizer.  Have a great week!

• Natalia February 25, 2013 at 11:27 am #

Thank you! I am glad you like it! I got that tinted moisturizer in a birch box i had a while ago, but I think I left a link to it on the site. Or a tinted lip gloss works too. Thanks for your comment!

4. Maribel Reyes February 25, 2013 at 10:56 am #

I usually do a tinted moisturizer, add a little blush, mascara is a must! for me and 80% of the time I do brown eyeliner. For lips I either do lipgloss or a lipstick in my natural lipcolor.

• Natalia February 25, 2013 at 11:26 am #

Sounds similar to what I do over the summer! This is kind of my winter version. Nice to have a quick go-to routine!

5. Pomereta February 25, 2013 at 10:56 am #

Thanks for sharing, I always do my make-up no make-up in a rush and never do my eyes. Will give it a try, think that combination of colours will suit me I have dark-brown eyes. My tricks or savers are: bb cream, concellor and cream-blush, and the days i look tired white/beige khol in the waterline…

• Natalia February 25, 2013 at 11:25 am #

I am glad you like it, I hope you get to give it a try! It is super easy for people who aren’t used to wearing eye makeup. Thanks for your tips and tricks & I’m gonna look them up!

6. hillary February 25, 2013 at 11:09 am #

I still say its no fair you don’t have to darken eyebrows. Ya look gorgeous–I need to get some neutral eyeshadows!

• Natalia February 25, 2013 at 11:24 am #

haha thanks! They’re big and bushy but I guess I’ll take it!

7. Betsy February 25, 2013 at 12:05 pm #

that is my favorite mascara, too!

• Natalia February 25, 2013 at 2:57 pm #

It’s the best! I have used Christian Dior and some high end products but after finding this one, why spend all that money? I love it!

8. Julia February 25, 2013 at 12:21 pm #

Great tutorial! I agree with you, wearing anything is as simple as wanting to. I envy your clear complexion and full eyebrows though, those two things make my routine around 15 minutes uninterrupted (which, with a 1 y/o, it never is…). I LOVE Fresh Rose! Such a pretty tint!

• Natalia February 25, 2013 at 2:59 pm #

Thank you! But seriously, my complexion is not great. You can kind of see it in the video I had in this post. I have been working really hard lately to clear it up, but sometimes I break out pretty bad, so annoying! I have some posts coming up though with how I combat the break outs!

9. MadSCAR February 27, 2013 at 1:29 am #

That looks wonderful! Thanks for the tutorial

• Natalia February 27, 2013 at 3:38 am #

Thank you! I am glad you like it! 🙂

10. Brooke February 27, 2013 at 8:16 am #

So pretty (you!) and such great tips!  Thanks for the product recommendations as well.  Have a great day!

• Natalia February 27, 2013 at 12:36 pm #

Thank you! I am glad you like them! Thanks for your comment 🙂

11. KC @ The Real Thing with the Coake Family February 28, 2013 at 7:23 am #

Love it! This is very similar to what I do with my makeup everyday or most every day…when I am leaving the house. 😉 I love your ideas. Thanks!
    I would love if you would share this at my link party. http://www.realcoake.blogspot.com/2013/02/real-family-fun-3.html
    Take care,
    KC

12. carissa February 28, 2013 at 2:45 pm #

i’ve just discovered bb creams and i’m in luuuuve. my face is soft like a baby’s bum!

• Natalia February 28, 2013 at 4:06 pm #

Oh I’ll have to try that one!

13. Shasta March 6, 2013 at 9:50 am #

Great tips! I’ve been trying to cut my makeup routine down to 5-10 minutes since I’ll have a newborn soon. What powder foundation do you recommend?

14. Tiera March 10, 2013 at 11:58 am #

Great tips!

One of my newer favourite time-saving product is BB cream (or anything similar). The right product can really be an all-in-one and work as a moisturizer, provide SPF protection and even light coverage. I have oily skin, so I really like the new Tarte BB cream (it’s meant to be used as a primer — sometimes I wear it alone, sometimes I set it with mineral or blot powder). I’ve also been trying out Miracle Skin Transformer, which I like so far. And another old stand-by is the Origins VitaZing. I’ve tried a few drugstore brands as well, they just don’t seem to get on with my oily/sensitive skin.

I also think a really important, but often underutilized, step is filling in the brows. They really frame the eyes and face and can make you look really pulled together with such little effort! I often skip eyeshadow and just do brows/eyeliner/mascara.

• Natalia March 10, 2013 at 1:14 pm #

These are great tips, thank you for adding them! I have heard a few good things about BB Cream, I think I’m gonna have to try it! I agree about filling in the eye brows. Mine are already really thick and brown, so sometimes I just forgot or don’t need to, but it does make a huge difference! Thanks for sharing your tips!

1. 5 Minute Makeup Looks « Natalia Simmons « FancyLittleThings.com - March 11, 2013

[…] have done two versions on this, winter edition and summer edition. They are both done in under 5 minutes and are really perfect for everyday. If I […]

2. 2 Hair Styles in Under 2 Minutes Each | Ma Nouvelle Mode - March 14, 2013

[…] there you have it, 2 styles in under 2 minutes each! Now all is you need is to put your 5 minute face on and you are all ready to start the day in less than 15 minutes! Whether you are a busy mom or a […]

3. Easy Step By Step Winter Make Up Tutorials For Beginners & Learners 2015 | Modern Fashion Blog - January 13, 2015

[…] Credit […]