Copy Cat Closet ~ Shorts in the Winter

First of all, thank you so much for your support on yesterday’s post. It is nice to know I’m not the only momma who feels that way & it was great to hear a lot of advice from some of you who feel the same. And for those who don’t, thank you for being gracious!

So today’s Copy Cat Closet! I gotta be honest, I’m kinda running out of ideas! I’m not really known for my fashion sense, although I like to try to be cute, so this one really stretches me! If you have ideas, send ’em my way!

So last week’s challenge was shorts in the winter. I am sure there are different weather variations where everyone is and I thought it would be a fun challenge to see how everyone styles them! I am slightly embarrassed that the pictures below are two separate occasions with almost exactly the same outfit. Sometimes, I’m not very creative.

Shorts in the Winter

Shorts in winter

– In the winter, it’s obvious that you might need a pair of tights or leggings to go under.
– Definitely invest in some boot cuffs if you haven’t already.
– It’s okay for the rest of your outfit to be fully winter. Sweater, scarf, coat, you might need it!
– Have fun with it! Although I’m not wearing them in these pics, you can still add some color to your outfit whether it’s tights or a top. Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you have to always wear grey!

I hope those were some helpful pointers, if you have some others, please feel free to add them!

If you’re interested in joining Copy Cat Closet, you can do so below! I send out an e-mail each Thursday with some style inspiration and you try to copy it with what fits your style & what you have in your closet! If you don’t have a copy cat outfit, feel free to link up any fashion outfit – we love the inspiration!

Now link up your outfits below & take a look around at some other beautiful outfits! Can’t wait to see what you have in store!

11 Responses to Copy Cat Closet ~ Shorts in the Winter

1. Harmony January 23, 2013 at 6:26 am #

Hi! new follower:) I love the looks! I haven’t ventured into the shorts-with-tights look yet but I think its worth a try right!?

• Natalia January 23, 2013 at 8:10 am #

It is! It’s comfy & cute & definitely expands your wardrobe!

2. Julie Marie @ From Awkward To Art January 23, 2013 at 7:04 am #

I was so excited when this popped in my inbox . This is my first time ever linking up..but i always love checking out the pictures and inspiration. I have always wanted to try this, so I’m glad I finally had a reason. Thanks =) I think I may join you ladies more often.
    xo
    Julie

• Natalia January 23, 2013 at 8:08 am #

Oh I am so glad you liked it! Any suggestions for future challenges? I’d love to hear them!

3. Anna January 24, 2013 at 5:46 am #

Hi! love your site and have been following for a while now. 🙂 One thing I’d like to see is ideas on how to wear legwarmers – I got some cute ones for Christmas, but can’t figure out to wear them. And this is a slightly different topic, but I’d love to know your thoughts about how living in Europe has influenced your style!

• Natalia January 24, 2013 at 8:40 am #

Thank you so much for that suggestion! I love it! I have a pair & I need to style them more. I thin I’ll do that soon!

4. Kym January 27, 2013 at 4:34 pm #

This was a fun inspiration! I am a huge fan of winter shorts & I love your looks (especially the one with that amazing headband)!
    xo
    Kym
    bitty.and.bunny
    $80 MsDressy Giveaway

• Natalia January 28, 2013 at 8:43 am #

Thank you! I am glad you liked it!

5. POMERETA January 31, 2013 at 6:23 am #

Hi there! Just discovered your blog and LOVING IT!!! I like this outfit and have a couple of suggestions: 1. any idea of how to wear a pencil-skirt outside the office? Looking for more informal ways of wearing mine… 2. Working from home at the moment and find myself dressing in sport clothes all the time, please give some suggestions/looks for looking nice and being comfy and warm at home. THAAAANKS!!!  =O)

• Natalia January 31, 2013 at 9:18 am #

Hi! So glad you’re enjoying my blog, that’s great! Thanks so much for letting me know! So 1st question – I wore a pencil skirt here a little bit more casual:http://manouvellemode.com/2012/09/06/copy-cat-closet-the-graphic-t/ & Pair it with wedges instead of the high heels.
      2nd question – totally totally understand how you’re feeling! That’s actually a post I want to write in and of itself! But comfy jeans & a t-shirt or sweater. Always make sure you put on a bra! I’ll let you know when I come up with a post for it! Good luck!

• POMERETA February 3, 2013 at 11:53 am #

OOOOOOHHHHHH!!!! you totally got me with the bra…ups!