I very frequently do or say things that immediately make me think “You know you’re a…” fill in the blank. It often makes me laugh to myself how funny life can be. When you’re in places you never thought you’d be, doing things you never dreamed of. Good things, funny things, things that make you crazy. So I thought I would start a little series. “You know you’re a…” and then each time have a different ‘when’ factor.
As you might know, I have two little guys, 5 and 2 years old. They are hilarious. They crack me up on a daily basis. I don’t know if it’s because they’re from Mars & I’m from Venus or because they are just too silly for words.
My heart is so full being a mom of two maniacs, and even throughout all the craziness, I wouldn’t trade it for the world. And when I say craziness, I do not use that word lightly. Ask anyone who has played with them — they have energy that you never knew existed (unless you too are a mom of boys), they’re loud and messy, and always on the move. No ADHD or anything, just plain old little boys.
So here we go, some things that make me laugh being a momma of boys.
You know you’re a mom of boys when…
- You know what it means to say ‘potty words’
- You’ve used the phrase “your peepee is NOT a gun, just go to the bathroom.”
- ‘Get off the couch,’ ‘Don’t jump from there!’ ‘Stop climbing’ are used on a daily — no, wait– hourly — no, wait — minute-by-minute basis.
- You know what it feels like to step on Legos.
- Farts are funny. Like, really funny. And they’re proud of them.
- Super heroes protect the house daily. Capes, masks & all.
- Nerf gun wars are a normal occurrence.
- “You’re fighting. He hit you. That is not my problem. Handle it” is how problems are solved. (Or is that just in our house?)
- Kissing is gross.
- You sharpen your eye liner with a Captain America pencil sharpener.
- Watching super hero movies actually means acting out ‘fighting’ the bad guys. The.Entire.Time.
- You find yourself saying “Okay, Captain America, come here and lay down so I can change your diaper.”
- You know what it feels like to sit in pee.
- On rainy days 10 laps around the living room and kitchen is a rule.
- Cool underwear make the outfit.
- Rocks, or anything round for that matter, were made to be thrown. And thrown they will be, no matter where you are.
- You’ve actually considered investing in Costco with the amount of food they consume.
Here are some funny ones that were submitted on our Facebook Page. They were so funny I couldn’t take credit for them!
- The lack of noise is more scary than the huge bang that just came from the other room.
- You know the difference between a barge and a container ship.
- You clean their bathroom!!! (Amen Sista!)
- You find cars, rocks, sticks and candy wrappers in your purse and pockets.
- When I ask “what’s up” and he says “nothing.” Girls have lots to say.
I hope you laughed a little! I am sitting here giggling as I write. Don’t you love your little crazies? It’s a whole lot of energy and a whole lot of fun.
Did I miss anything? Add your “You know you’re a mom of boys when…” thought in the comments! I want to hear some more! And here’s a fun graphic for you to share the “mom of boys” love!
Also feel free to pin & share with other mommas of boys that you know! Let’s all get a good laugh and then hug our little super heroes tight.