Side Braid Updo

Hello everyone!

So how many of you have holiday parties or occasions to attend and need a holiday hairstyle? Have any of you used any of my ’12 Days of Holiday Hairstyles?” I really hope so! And if you have, I’d really love to hear about it. It’s always encouraging to know that people like what you’re putting out there! Feel free to connect with me on Facebook or Twitter to let me know what you think!

Big Side Braid with Bun

This looks is easy and works perfectly on unwashed hair. Just spray a little dry shampoo, tease the top at to the crown, and braid it all the way down. You can see in the video at the bottom of this post how I pinned up the braid. This will also work perfectly on shorter hair as well. Or a dutch braid like the Katniss braid I did a while back. Oh the options!!

Well what do you think? Easy & pretty, right? Feel free to pin & share if you like it! Thanks!

Here is the video for the big side braid. Hope you enjoy!

Oh and if you’d like to get caught up, here are the others so far:

Natalia

Natalia

Owner & Author
Natalia is a mom to two crazy boys and wife to one handsome dude. She lives in France part of the year where her husband plays professional basketball, but she hails from Southern California. The hubs was born & raised in Nassau, Bahamas, which makes them an intercultural, interracial family traveling the globe together since 2007. She loves to cook (but mostly eat), hang with her fam, be adventurous, & find ways to stay girlie in a house full of men. On her site you can find loads of hair tutorials, makeup ideas, & fashion tips for the everyday woman. She believes that beauty and fashion don't have to be intimidating and that every woman should learn to embrace her own beauty.
Natalia
Natalia
Natalia
Natalia

Latest posts by Natalia (see all)

, , , , ,

9 Responses to Side Braid Updo

1. Ingrid December 10, 2012 at 10:46 pm #

you have gorgeous hair.  i have hair envy.  also, LOVE this look.  i am going to go through all your tutorials and try things on myself and my sister.  she is getting married on the 23rd and we want pretty updos i think :)

• Natalia December 11, 2012 at 7:29 am #

Oh how fun!! I am glad you like them! Let me know if you need suggestions for anything specific, I would love to help! I do wedding hair on the side. :)

2. kathleen December 11, 2012 at 8:11 am #

I found you’re blog from pinterest, the ten ways to pin back your bangs, and have been following your blog for a few weeks.I love it! II have tried the roap braid into a Bun, the braided headband, and a couple others. II am hair challenged but have gotten the first compliments ever on my hair while wearing these. Keep em coming! And thank you!

• Natalia December 12, 2012 at 4:07 pm #

oh I am so glad to hear that! I try to make them all simple so anyone can do them. I am glad it worked out for you!

3. Tiffany | offbeat & inspired December 11, 2012 at 10:14 am #

I absolutely LOVE this style! I’m definitely going to give it a try!!!

4. Tiffany | offbeat & inspired December 11, 2012 at 10:26 am #

I absolutely love this style!! I’m definitely going to give it a try. After watching the video, I’m convinced we have the same hair thickness and texture so I’m convinced this will actually work for me! :D

• Natalia December 12, 2012 at 4:07 pm #

oh good! Yes, I have some thick hair, glad to know I have someone with the same texture!Glad you like it!

1. Copy Cat Closet – Holiday wear! | Ma Nouvelle Mode - December 18, 2012

[…] Big side braid into a bun […]

2. Ways to Wear Braids | Ma Nouvelle Mode - March 10, 2013

[…] I actually like this one. Not too popular on here, but it’s fun and actually can be a little fancy. Once again, easy, pretty, versatile – awesome. Here’s the original post. […]