I have another ponytail tutorial for you today! A while back I ‘modeled’ for a photo shoot that was featured on Style Me Pretty, a popular wedding blog. The hairstylist did this cool boho looking ponytail and I loved it! I loved it so much I just had to recreate it. Since I am on some kind of ponytail kick – I might as well add to it!
Here is the look from the photoshoot:
Here is my recreation of how to do it:
- Curl the top layer of hair with the rest of your hair messy/curly. Mine was kind of curling from no heat curls the night before.
- Tease your hair starting just past your bangs on top, back to where you will secure your ponytail
- Gather your hair in place where you want it, not tight at all, and secure with an elastic.
- Pull tight, then pull out strands as needed to create a “messy on purpose” type of look.
- Wrap an extra piece of hair around the elastic.
- You’re done!
This is a simple look for a casual day or dress it up a bit by just changing your outfit! I feel like it’s a look that can go both ways.
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and if you did, feel free to pin away!
Have a happy Monday!