WIW Fall & Rope Braid

So you might have noticed, I don’t really talk about personal things here on the blog. I don’t think my life is that interesting most of the time, but I do have a few things I like to talk about. I loved writing about being a white momma with black babies. I’ve written about life in France and why I love it. Or why I seem to gain at least 10 pounds every time I come back to America. Or even about my hilarious experience with waxing in France. Different cultures can be crazy!

All that is to say two things. One is that I Β might be sharing some more about my life on this little blog. What do you think? What would you like to see more of?

Sweater: French store // Scarf: Zara // Leggings: Walmart // Earrings: Payless

And the second thing is so sad. You know how I was saying how I usually live in France? Well all of my fall/winter clothes are still there. All of them. I don’t have cash to fly to get them (I wish!) and I don’t really have cash to get a ton more. Let’s just say, I’m gonna have to get creative. And I’ll take donations. #justsayin πŸ™‚

Can I also say that every girl needs one or two (or more if you’ve got it like that) leopard accessories. It’s just so easy to throw on a leopard scarf or flats and all of a sudden your outift’s all chic. Love it!

I tried a new hairstyle, what do you think? Would you like to see a tutorial?

I’m linking up this outfit to Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy today. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

25 Responses to WIW Fall & Rope Braid

1. katie October 24, 2012 at 6:42 am #

what a cute outfit! your hair is beautiful too!

2. Anna October 24, 2012 at 7:30 am #

Hi Natalia! I have signed up for your newsletters only recently. I bumped onto your website by chance while I was researching pictures of rope braids a few weeks ago.

I love your site, and I love your newsletters, they’re fun and very informative. I think you’re very creative with your hear styles and outfits, never boring.
    This rope braid/bun looks great on you by the way, not sure if I can pull it off, but I’d love to try. Can you please post a tutorial? πŸ˜€ P.S: the comment section on your site does not work on a Chrome browser πŸ™‚

• Natalia October 24, 2012 at 11:54 am #

I am planning on doing a tutorial soon! Hopefully you’ll be able to come by and see it, check back sometime next week. It’s actually a really easy style. Thank you for your kind words. It is so nice to be encouraged by readers! I truly appreciate it!

3. jimmie lee October 24, 2012 at 8:06 am #

I would love to hear more about your life ! with two boys I doubt that it is boring πŸ™‚ I love the new hairstyle. Somehow my braids and twists don’t look as full as yours? Also love leopard!!!

• Natalia October 24, 2012 at 11:51 am #

I have a lot of long thick hair, maybe that’s why? I am gonna do a tutorial for this soon!!

4. jimmie lee October 24, 2012 at 8:42 am #

Oh and I forgot, I am wondering how tall you are because I can never seem to find sweaters or shirts that cover my booty when try to wear leggings and then i feel like i am too old to wear leggings but i like to wear them. Any suggestions ?

• Natalia October 24, 2012 at 11:51 am #

I am 6 feet tall actually! So ya, I totally understand how hard it can be. This particular sweater I found at a store in France. Other than that, maybe try dresses in a size smaller than normal if they fit. I have done that too. Or search for stores that carry tall. You can find a lot online. Good luck! πŸ™‚

5. Pia October 24, 2012 at 11:03 am #

I always like bloggs better when you get some personal info. Like the sunday post at I am momma hear me roar. Especially when you follow bloggs from abroad, I’m swedish, it’s fun to see what everyday life is like.

• Natalia October 24, 2012 at 11:49 am #

Oh I love Sweden! I got to visit last year and LOVED it!! Even if it was in January and it was freezing! I think I’ll start sharing more. It’s just hard to balance!

6. Chioma October 24, 2012 at 11:41 am #

You are so cute! and you’re so right, leopard makes any outfit look chic!

Chioma
    C’s Evolution of Style

• Natalia October 24, 2012 at 11:48 am #

Thank you! Glad someone agrees!

7. the domestic fringe October 24, 2012 at 12:12 pm #

I would love to hear more about you!

Your scarf is fabulous and your hair is beautiful. It’s like hair art. lol. I could never do it!
    ~FringeGirl

• Natalia October 24, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

Thank you! You are too nice! πŸ™‚

8. Kate October 24, 2012 at 12:42 pm #

Stopping by from WIWW… This is the perfect fall outfit!!

Kate @ A Journey in Style

9. Aurelie D October 24, 2012 at 1:28 pm #

oh yeah a tutorial would be awesome. i don’t have any rope braids in myΒ repertoire!
    and i know how you feel about not having winter clothes. i go to school in northern ca where the fall and winter is much colder than my summer-in-a- beach-town clothes allow for!

• Natalia October 24, 2012 at 8:40 pm #

So you totally understand! Stinks, huh? I couldn’t wait for cool weather, now I’m annoyed that I’m cold! Guess I just gotta learn to be content! πŸ™‚

10. Leigh Anne October 24, 2012 at 2:45 pm #

I’d love a more personal side…..makes me feel like I can relate to that person even more πŸ™‚ And makes them seem more “real” πŸ™‚ I would also love a Christie update….I’m not on Facebook, but still praying! Cute outfit & hair do also!

• Natalia October 24, 2012 at 8:39 pm #

Thank you! I totally didn’t think about all the people not on Facebook who are praying for her and her family. Right now she is home with Bennet. It’s great to be home but a scary time too because just a common cold could send him to the hospital over night. They are taking it day by day, trusting in the Lord, and doing as well as possible. Thank you for asking, I know it means a lot to her that everyone is so thoughtful and praying. I’ll try to do a longer update on the blog soon!

11. Connie October 24, 2012 at 10:22 pm #

I’d LOVE to see a tutorial on your fabulous hairstyle! Love your style πŸ™‚

• Natalia October 25, 2012 at 10:43 am #

Thank you! I will be adding it the next couple weeks!

12. Lindsey October 28, 2012 at 4:46 pm #

I love your outfit….and the hair! I bought my black leggings from Walmart also and I’m so happy to see someone else rockin them, too! I don’t feel like such a “cheapie” anymore! πŸ˜‰ I love your posts! As a mama of three, I’m amazed how you manage to do it all! Kudos to you, keep those awesome blogs comin’! πŸ™‚

• Natalia October 28, 2012 at 7:55 pm #

Oh no, you aren’t ‘cheapie’! Or if you are, then so am I! But I figure if you can get them for a good price and they work, then why not? So glad you’re enjoying the blog, great to have you! πŸ™‚

13. Jessica November 6, 2014 at 7:15 am #

Love this outfit! where is the scarf from? I’m on the hunt for a cheetah scarf and I love this one!

1. Rope Braided Buns | Ma Nouvelle Mode - December 7, 2012

[…] days of holiday hairstyles. This one is a very easy double rope braid. You have seen it before in this outfit post, but now I have a tutorial to go with […]