Easy Chignon with Poof

Happy Monday everyone!  If you are a subscriber of Copy Cat Closet, you might know that I have some fun news to share today.  And I do! But since I am writing this Sunday night (yes, I’m super organized… haha not.) you’ll have to follow me on Twitter or Facebook to hear about it!  Or I’ll just come back and edit this post.

But for now, I thought I would share a fun hair tutorial with you.  You might recognize it from Instagram or from my summer dress in fall post last week.  It’s an easy low chignon with a poof.

It’s very simple, and actually is perfect for a fancy night out as well.  I always like a hairstyle that can be dressed up or down!

Here’s the skinny:

Now my hair is day-old hair with some Aquage in it.  First separate the front section, from your ears up and leave it forward.  The key is to tease, tease, tease the back section from where you separated it all the way down to the nape of your neck until you get lots of volume.  More volume the better because it will come down once you start to style it.  If you have some voluminousness cream or mousse it will help.  It can be crazy too, it will all settle down.  Then you want to smooth it out lightly and bring it together at the nape of your neck.  Twist one side over and pin it.  Then continue on with the bun, pinning as you go.  Once you have it all secured, you can lightly tease the front sections and one at a time, wrap around the bun, going over the top.  Little bit of hairspray and voila, you’re ready to go!

There you have it, easy enough, right?  I got quite a few compliments when I wore it too!  I hope you get to give it a try! :)

Remember to stay tuned for the exciting news coming today! Follow of Facebook or Twitter and you’ll see it!

Have a fabulous Monday!

Natalia

Natalia

Owner & Author
Natalia is a mom to two crazy boys and wife to one handsome dude. She lives in France part of the year where her husband plays professional basketball, but she hails from Southern California. The hubs was born & raised in Nassau, Bahamas, which makes them an intercultural, interracial family traveling the globe together since 2007. She loves to cook (but mostly eat), hang with her fam, be adventurous, & find ways to stay girlie in a house full of men. On her site you can find loads of hair tutorials, makeup ideas, & fashion tips for the everyday woman. She believes that beauty and fashion don't have to be intimidating and that every woman should learn to embrace her own beauty.
Natalia
Natalia
Natalia
Natalia

Latest posts by Natalia (see all)

, , , , ,

26 Responses to Easy Chignon with Poof

1. Elise September 18, 2012 at 1:57 pm #

I love this post! I have a blog that is dedicated to fashion and beauty. We should definitely follow each other and potentially collaborate with each other. :)

• Natalia September 18, 2012 at 11:10 pm #

Just checked out your blog, it’s great, beautiful pictures! Let me know if you come up with some ideas!

2. Nikki at Bedazzles After Dark September 19, 2012 at 9:46 pm #

You make this look sooo easy! I still don’t know if I can do this… but it looks AMAZING!!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at http://www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

• Natalia September 20, 2012 at 8:51 am #

Thank you! I am sure you could do it, it isn’t hard, promise! Give it a try!

3. lisa September 20, 2012 at 5:22 am #

It’s gorgeous! You make it look too easy :)

• Natalia September 20, 2012 at 8:50 am #

Thank you! It is easy, trust me, give it a try!

4. micki @addhousewife September 20, 2012 at 10:21 am #

lovely! How would it work with a head full of curls? Would we need to attack the hair with a straight iron first (sort of a deal breaker. DD has seriously crazy hair.)

• Natalia September 20, 2012 at 10:31 pm #

I actually want to do some tutorials for curly hair, so stay tuned! I have some in mind!

5. the cape on the corner September 20, 2012 at 10:46 am #

gorgeous and carefree. love it.

6. cate September 21, 2012 at 11:26 pm #

This is pretty and sophisticated!! It makes me wish I didn’t cut micro bangs today!

• Natalia September 22, 2012 at 11:58 am #

Oh try it with the bangs, I bet that would be totally cute!!

7. GlamorousMommy September 22, 2012 at 7:47 am #

This is beautiful! I’m gonna try this today ;)

– Fotini

• Natalia September 22, 2012 at 11:58 am #

Thank you! I hope you get to give it a try!

8. megan September 22, 2012 at 8:34 am #

Hi! This looks so chic and if only my hair would hold a tease, I would love to wear it to the office. If I manage to pull this off I’ll be sure to post photos to the blog with my girlfriend in Paris, and I’ll send back to you!!
    Bisous!

• Natalia September 22, 2012 at 11:58 am #

Oh I bet it would, you just need the right kinda of teaser comb and then you tease hairspray and hold it up, then when you let it down, it should stay! I haven’t forgotten about your e-mail, just haven’t had time to respond yet! It is coming, promise!! :)

9. Elise September 23, 2012 at 10:59 am #

Love this post and hairstyle! We should definitely follow each other! Feel free to check out my blog at http://www.w-t-fab.com

10. smart momma September 23, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

pretty :) i will definitely try this, u made it look easy too!

huggies***
    smartmomma

• Natalia September 23, 2012 at 9:46 pm #

It is easy! You should give it a try! Thanks for stopping by!

11. Jess @ Spool and Spoon September 24, 2012 at 12:33 pm #

My goodness this is cute! I’m wearing a turtleneck and statement necklace today and boy would this have looked gorgeous in the mix. Thanks for sharing the tutorial! Newest fan on FB!

• Natalia September 24, 2012 at 10:22 pm #

Oh my goodness, that would have been adorable! If you put that outfit together again with the hair, I would love to see a picture! Share it on our FB page or something!

1. Fall Makeup Look | Ma Nouvelle Mode - September 18, 2012

[...] is the makeup look I was wearing in the chignon hair tutorial yesterday and my summer dress into fall last [...]

2. Insta-Friday ~ My Life through Instagram | Ma Nouvelle Mode - September 21, 2012

[...] tutorial, finally!!  Sent it out to the twitter/instagram world and you guys liked it! It is an easy chignon with a poof.  Because every good hairstyle has a [...]

3. 15 Hairstyles you can do in Less than 5 Minutes | Ma Nouvelle Mode - June 18, 2013

[...] Don’t be intimidated! Chignon is just a fancy word for a bun. And really, that’s all this style is. Separate the front two sections out, tease from the crown to the base and secure the back into a bun. Then, one at a time, wrap the front hair around the bun, smoothing it out so it all goes together. That’s it. Here’s the full tutorial. [...]

4. Chignon with Poof - Hairstyles and Beauty Tips - August 15, 2013

[...] // // Chignon with Poof from Ma Nouvelle Mode [...]

5. Le plein de tutriels pour la rentrée ! | BLABLA BLONDE - September 5, 2013

[…] J’ai repéré des coiffures super sympa, idéales pour aller au bureau ou pour un rendez-vous galant. Ci-dessus, un chignon facile à réaliser qui a la classe ! A découvrir ici […]