Summer Dress into Fall

I have heard/seen a few posts, tweets, and facebook updates about the weather getting cooler.  Now I don’t know where you are living, but please, let me know, I’d like to come visit until So Cal gets the memo.  It’s September.  Pumpkin spice lattes have made their debut and that means it’s fall.  I mean, come on Cali!

So when brainstorming about posts to write, my mom was suggesting a bunch of fall ideas.  And as much as I love them, fall is my favorite season, it’s stinkin’ hot here!  I was sweating just doing my hair this morning!  So I decided to do an outfit that was fall-ish and could work for wherever you live!

If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen this hairstyle this morning.  Yes, there is a tutorial coming, finally!!  I am trying to get back in the swing of things.  Makeup tutorial, too.  Yep, bustin em out  like a BOSS.

I have this really pretty white dress that a dear friend bought for me a while back.  I don’t wear it nearly enough, but I love it with my cowboy boots, so I thought I’d pull it out.  I thought I’d put a regular brown sweater over it, which I still think would be cute, but then thought “wait no! Try something new!”  And out came the chambray.

I feel like this is a good transitional outfit.  The chambray can come off if it’s warm outside.  You could also pair with some tights if the weather is cooler where you are.  You could also easily pair with your winter boots.  Mine just happen to be in France.  Welp, guess I’ll have to order another pair! 🙂

These pictures explain why I could never be a full time fashion blogger.  These pictures and the many untaken ones of me in my sweatpants eating kettle corn… My five year old is my photographer which explains the angle of the photos.  He’s tall, but not that tall. He is also very fidget-y.  Explaining the next picture.  We’ll just call it artistic.

So have you been able to bust out some fall outfits?  Maybe even those winter boots?  If so, I’ll take one ticket to come for a little stay.  Yes, you read that right, just one.  Momma likes her breaks!

, ,

14 Responses to Summer Dress into Fall

1. Mimzy Wimzy September 12, 2012 at 9:06 am #

I think you have an amazing photographer! Can he make me look that good??

• Natalia September 12, 2012 at 7:39 pm #

haha! I always wonder how much I’m scaring him. “baby, can you take my pictures? Just three more!” haha poor kid!

2. Jennifer September 12, 2012 at 9:11 am #

Love it!! Beautiful as usual!

• Natalia September 12, 2012 at 7:38 pm #

Thank you girlie!

3. Kelley September 12, 2012 at 11:14 am #

lol!  Love the artistic shot at the end!  Super cute outfit girlie 🙂

I wish south Texas would get the memo that its fall too.  Im over 90 degrees.  You can drink a latte in 90 degrees!

• Natalia September 12, 2012 at 7:38 pm #

I know!!! Stinking hot states!!

4. Kelly September 12, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

I LOVE those boots!  I want a pair of boots like that sooo bad!

• Natalia September 12, 2012 at 7:37 pm #

Thank you! I got them a while back, like before I was married, at a Marshall’s! Actually my friend saw them and just bought them for me. I am glad she did cuz I love them!

5. Rachel September 12, 2012 at 2:52 pm #

I love the look of denim with feminine dresses! Your outfit looks great–and perfect for cooler temperatures, even though you’re not getting them yet.

• Natalia September 12, 2012 at 7:36 pm #

Thank you! Actually, today cooled off a bit, yay! Got warm in the afternoon, but at least it was cool in the morning! Thanks for stopping by!

6. Stephanie @ The Vintage Modern Wife September 14, 2012 at 11:50 am #

you pull off the chambray so well! i’m scared that if i wear a chambray shirt that i’ll look like a redneck. i just can’t pull it off like you can!

• Natalia September 14, 2012 at 7:36 pm #

They are so in style right now, I am sure you can find one that works for you! Give it a try and then just rock it! You can do it! 🙂

1. Easy Chignon with Poof | Ma Nouvelle Mode - September 17, 2012

[…] I would share a fun hair tutorial with you.  You might recognize it from Instagram or from my summer dress in fall post last week.  It’s an easy low chignon with a poof. […]

2. Fall Makeup Look | Ma Nouvelle Mode - March 10, 2013

[…] is the makeup look I was wearing in the chignon hair tutorial yesterday and my summer dress into fall last […]