7 Ways to Wear a Headband

Good morning and happy Friday! As you read this, I am having a blast up at Yosemite National park with my fam-bam.  It’s a much needed vacation after missing the hubs for a couple months.  Yosemite is one of my favorite family vacations.  The outdoors, lounging, relaxing, s’mores, you know, camping!  My poor husband, however, does not share this opinion with me.  He sucks it up like a good little hubby and makes the most of some much needed father-son time.

Now on to the post I have prepared for you!  How to wear headbands!  I am always looking for fast easy ways to do my hair and headbands are perfect to jazz things up a bit without a ton of effort.  So without further adieu – here is 7 ways to wear headbands!

7 Ways to Wear Headbands

I chose a few headbands from our favorite shops on Etsy and I am going to show you a few ways to wear them.  Let’s start with the one non-Etsy item:

The Peacock Headband

This headband doesn’t wrap all the way around and is metal, so you can put it wherever you want it.  I like to put my hair to one side and put the feathers on the side with less hair, leaving out the other side.  It showcases your hair and the feathers!

All Wrapped Up

I used a headband here from La Luce.  It is beautiful and very nicely made.  I placed it on top of my hair like I do for no heat curls, and wrap my hair around it and tuck it all it.  Bonus with this look is that when you take it out at the end of the day, you have a no heat curls look and are ready for an evening out!

Boho Style

This look is great because it’s cute and still keeps your hair out of your face mostly.  I just left my bangs out here, but if you don’t have bangs, just tuck that hair back and you’re good!

Pulled Back

This one is the same really as the peacock one above, it is just using a different headband.  You can also do this look by pulling back the other side of your hair as well, and just have it a little looser.

50′s Style Turban

Having a bad hair day?  Haven’t washed it in a few err… days?  This look is perfect!  All you have to do is throw it up on top of your head in a messy bun, and pull the turban back.  This turban is from a shop called Rayna Jaye and I love it.  It’s super comfy and great material.

Boho Turban Headband

Can I just say, love this style! It’s cute and funky and different.  I know, I’ve seen it more and more, but it’s just fun to do something you wouldn’t usually do.  Try it!

Ear Warmer Headband

This headband is crocheted from Avery’s Loft.  I don’t think you’d wear it too much over the summer, but it’s perfect for the winter.  It’s just enough to cover your ears without being a full hat.  It also still keeps your hair out of your face, which is something I am almost always looking for!

Well, there you have it! Four headbands, 7 different styles.  I hope you can take a few ideas and make them work for you!

Happy Friday!

Natalia

Natalia

Owner & Author
Natalia is a mom to two crazy boys and wife to one handsome dude. She lives in France part of the year where her husband plays professional basketball, but she hails from Southern California. The hubs was born & raised in Nassau, Bahamas, which makes them an intercultural, interracial family traveling the globe together since 2007. She loves to cook (but mostly eat), hang with her fam, be adventurous, & find ways to stay girlie in a house full of men. On her site you can find loads of hair tutorials, makeup ideas, & fashion tips for the everyday woman. She believes that beauty and fashion don't have to be intimidating and that every woman should learn to embrace her own beauty.
Natalia
Natalia
Natalia
Natalia

Latest posts by Natalia (see all)

, , , ,

17 Responses to 7 Ways to Wear a Headband

1. prplhez8 August 10, 2012 at 9:07 am #

Super Cute! My fave is the 50′s style. I’ve got short hair and this one would cover all manner of ‘sins’ as it were. Hope you’re enjoying your vacay with your guy and your fam!!!

~ Heather

• Natalia August 12, 2012 at 8:46 pm #

Thank you! We just got back and I am so so happy to be home! It was a wonderful vacation though!

2. Justine/ sew country chick August 14, 2012 at 9:15 am #

Thanks for the great ides. Your photos are beautiful!

• Natalia August 20, 2012 at 12:18 am #

You are so nice, thank you! I am glad you liked the ideas, hope you get to use a few!

3. Kathy Penney from Pinner Takes All August 14, 2012 at 12:06 pm #

Hi! Stopping over from Sugar Bee. Love the ideas about how to wear headbands as a grown up. I have several and it’s tricky for me to do without worrying I look like Marcia Brady. Thanks!

• Natalia August 20, 2012 at 12:15 am #

oh gosh, I totally understand! I don’t want to look like a little kid or like a biker or anything. But they are a fun alternative! Glad you liked it!

4. MJ August 14, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

I love, love the “all wrapped up” style.  Will have to try this once my hair has grown out a bit. Thanks for sharing.  Beautiful pictures, too!

• Natalia August 20, 2012 at 12:14 am #

THank you! I am glad you liked it. And thanks for the compliments too! I appreciate it!

5. Kathryn Griffin August 16, 2012 at 9:17 am #

Oh, I love this!  I seem to get stuck wearing my headbands in the same old way.  Thank you for sharing.  Visiting from Fireflies and Jellybeans.  Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/08/make-it-pretty-monday-week-10.html  Hope to see you at the bash!  Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

• Natalia August 20, 2012 at 12:09 am #

I didn’t get around to linking up, I am so sorry, I was on vacation! Thanks for letting me know though, next time!

6. christina November 8, 2012 at 8:31 am #

these are super awesome examples! I missed this when I wasn’t able to be reading blogs this summer =) I do really want to branch out with my hair, so maybe this week with more time to think about it I will actually succeed!

• Natalia November 8, 2012 at 4:28 pm #

Do one for Copy Cat Closet next week since the hair is kinda freebie. Do something challenging!! Cuz you can! :)

7. JD Crouse November 19, 2013 at 3:39 pm #

Hi Natalia,
    Have you seen my wife (Amy)’s Bolder Band Headbands? Thought you and your readers might like! We could do a giveaway for you if your are interested. Check out our page on fb.com/BolderBand.

All the Best!
    JD

8. JD Crouse November 19, 2013 at 3:40 pm #

Forgot the // in my URL sorry…

1. Great DIY, crafts and recipes this week | Skip To My Lou - August 19, 2012

[...] are all the rage. But how do you wear them? Looking for some tips for head bands. This post on seven ways to wear a headband has some great [...]

2. Hair Basics – Styling Tools Every Girl Needs | Ma Nouvelle Mode - October 3, 2012

[...] Headbands.  Add to a pony tail or an updo or just wear them to get the hair out of your face.  There are lots of ways to dress up your hair using headbands! [...]