Baby Shower Style

This may surprise you, but I am not really comfortable with all forms of attention 🙂 Like showers for instance…..they scare me. Especially when I am pregnant. For so many reasons this is true  for me, but mostly it is because I am afraid I am going to have “word vomit” and just totally humiliate myself (I have done it before, so my worries are not unfounded). I also hate the idea that people think they are only invited to something because I want gifts. Finally, when one is in their 8th month of pregnancy one does not necessarily want one’s “tubby” form on display for all to touch and gawk at! So when my mom informed me she would be hosting a very small, relaxing, intimate affair to give me a morning off as a mom and just enjoy being pregnant, I immediately became stressed out! The opposite of my mom’s wishes I am sure.  In the end, I was surrounded with a few close friends, eating really good food (my mom made the most amazing creme brulee) and feeling sorta pretty 🙂 Thank you mom for knowing just what I needed!  So now I will show you the ensemble I came up with for this day of “all eyes on me.”

Baby Shower Style

Outfit Details: Dress-Anthro, Necklace-Stella&Dot

Hope you all have a wonderful week! XOXO- Christie

11 Responses to Baby Shower Style

1. Kelley July 3, 2012 at 6:07 am #

Aww!  So pretty!  Im glad you had a nice time.  I feel the same way about showers.. Id rather not have all the attention.  Ohh.. at my baby shower (it was held at our church) we had the mens choir come in and sing to me.  Like they put me front and center of these 30 older men and they serenaded me.  Yup.  Embarrassed to the max!  🙂

• Christie July 3, 2012 at 2:20 pm #

ok this is easily the best shower story I have heard! I would have just died! lol

2. Tracy S July 3, 2012 at 7:14 am #

I also dread my baby showers, though I am so very thankful for the gifts we receive (last time it was all the cloth diapers we needed, amazing!). My concern is opening gifts in front of everyone. I’m afraid I won’t look appreciative, or I’ll look fake, or something that will make the giver think I don’t like it. So then I overdo it, which seems even more fake. I’d rather have the party, thank everyone for coming, then open in private.

• Christie July 3, 2012 at 2:19 pm #

I feel the same way! Fortunately, the group of girls that were there were such kindred spirits I did not have to worry about that this time. But normally opening presents is the hardest part for me! 🙂

3. Alyx July 3, 2012 at 9:43 am #

I LOVE your outfit! So cute!

4. Shirley@motivatedmommyoftwo July 3, 2012 at 12:09 pm #

You looked stuning, love the colors of the dress. I wish I looked this stylish when I was pregnant 🙂

5. ReStitch Me July 3, 2012 at 12:23 pm #

I can totally relate to your shower fears!  I HATE the feeling of all those eyes on me.  🙂
    You looked beautiful–I especially love your necklace.

6. Amy July 3, 2012 at 4:14 pm #

You look beautiful!

• Christie July 3, 2012 at 6:36 pm #

Thanks Amy 🙂

7. lauren July 4, 2012 at 9:44 am #

how beautiful you look! I love this!

8. Veralynn @ Joie de V July 4, 2012 at 9:26 pm #

You look gorgeous! I’m the opposite of you in this regard- I liked being the center of attention and fawning at my baby shower. I feel badly about people thinking they’re only invited to a shower because of gifts. They’re not obligated at all- I just love having groups of friends together to talk and laugh and share advice with! Feel free to stop by my blog anytime- I host a weekly link party called “This Week the Trend” that I’d love for you to join and I’m currently offering free ad space! I hope you have a great week!

Veralynn