Facebook Twist on short hair

Hey girls! Do you remember when Natalia posted her tutorial for the “Facebook” Twist? If you follow us on Facebook, you may remember she took a vote on what hairstyle you would like to see next and you all chose that one (hence the name “Facebook” Twist). Well I decided to do my own version of this hairstyle on my fine, short hair. I want to prove to you that there is almost always a version of a look you may be coveting that you can pull off!

The Facebook Twist on Short Hair

Obviously I did not have as much hair to work with so I had to create more volume by teasing my hair a ton!

I really need to clean my mirror 🙂 Anyways, I teased up my hair a TON and then proceeded to loosely twist back each side (I did not “rope” twist it very much because I lost much of my volume due to my short hair. You can see in the pictures below how my hair is twisted back. Then I gathered up the back of my hair and began tucking and pinning. This look is not supposed to be neat and tidy so I did not worry about creating a perfect tuck in the back (my hair is too short to do one anyways).

Voila! Another easy, pretty updo for you short haired girls! See we are not as limited as we thought 🙂 For a detailed tutorial check out Natalia’s video. Otherwise, try it, work it and be fabulous! xoxo- Christie

, , , ,

10 Responses to Facebook Twist on short hair

1. Shirley@motivatedmommyoftwo June 28, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

You guys are amazing I really like your tutorials

2. Bri June 29, 2012 at 5:51 am #

Christie,
    I am so glad you post these!!  My hair is about the same length as yours, but it was long for a very long time.  I’ve been lamenting about how I can’t do anything with my hair, and the internet is really lacking in ideas or tutorials.  Then I found this site and your short hair tutorials and I am SO happy!!  I love the site in general, but am especially happy for these!!  Thank you!!!

• Christie June 29, 2012 at 9:38 am #

Thank you! I am so glad you found us!

3. Dana S. July 2, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

My older daughter has long hair, and my younger daughter has short hair. She also has “hair-do” envy since it’s much easier to do cute styles with longer hair. I think she’ll love this, even though she’s only 7!

• Christie July 2, 2012 at 9:44 pm #

Thats awesome! My 4 year old is always looking for new styles on her hair too lol 🙂 It is nice all of us girls to have plenty of options!

4. Heather July 3, 2012 at 1:14 pm #

you do the BEST hair!!

• Christie July 3, 2012 at 2:17 pm #

Well Thank you!

5. Lauren @mercyINK July 6, 2012 at 6:00 am #

Oh my goodness I adore this look! My hair is super short right now and sort of frustrating that I feel lik i can only where it one way… thanks for inspiring! Please share with the group at (HEARTS)&(HOMES) link party on mercyinkblog.com 🙂
    have an awesome weekend!
    lauren

6. CAS July 9, 2012 at 1:02 pm #

I have one of those angled bobs, so my hair (also baby fine & not so thick) is longer on the sides, but pretty short in the back.  I’m going to give this look a try, though.  Our weather is so hot right now, I would love to get my hair off my face on occasion.  Thanks for sharing.
    CAS

• Christie July 9, 2012 at 3:40 pm #

Yes! Give it a shot! It might be a little difficult to wrap it up in the back depending on how short it is, but I am sure you could work out your own variation of it 🙂 hope it works for you !