Double Hanging Front Braids

I love doing hair.  I love creating tutorials and trying to come up with new content.  I think it is fun to try to wear your hair in different ways.  I know that this doesn’t always apply to everyone.  In fact, probably more often than not women just stick to what they know as far as hair goes.  In a sense, I don’t blame them.  I mean, it’s easy, you know it works so it’s quick, and you’re comfortable with it.  But today I’m gonna challenge you to do something different!  Mainly because the tutorial I have for you today is a little different!  But it’s easy and cute, so I hope you give it (or something else out of your comfort zone) a try!  Remember this from yesterday?

Double Hanging Braids

I did something similar a while back.  Last summer, in fact!  It is pretty much the same as that braid and basically you just add another row.

So all you have to do is make a deep side part and down the side of your head and pin the extra hair back.  Start a regular French braid but you only take hair from the back side, the side with more hair, not the side closest to your forehead.  You do not add any hair to the front section of the braid.  Braid all the way down and secure it pulling the hair forward while you do.  Then part another piece just above it and do the same thing!  Secure both braids together toward the back of the neck and you’re done.  Really easy, right?

It’s a nice little headband for you.  You can put the rest of your hair in a low side bun or add some soft curls like I did and you’re good to go.

Here is the video I did for one braid.  You can follow this without adding hair to the front and pulling the hair forward as you braid.  Then just add another row.  Any other questions – just leave it in the comments!

Hope you enjoy and give it a try! Have a great weekend!

I’m gonna link up to all our parties here.

, , , ,

19 Responses to Double Hanging Front Braids

1. Morgan June 22, 2012 at 4:16 pm #

This is super cute! I wondered yesterday how you did this! Thanks for the tutorial.

2. Natasha June 22, 2012 at 8:29 pm #

aww this is gorgeous. But even braid is complicated for me to handle. unless you are talking about the girl-next-door braid, ha!

• Natalia June 23, 2012 at 2:39 pm #

I bet you could do it, it really isn’t hard! Maybe even easier because you don’t have to add hair to one side. GIve it a try, you can always take it out!

3. yvonne June 22, 2012 at 11:20 pm #

Love the DOUBLE HANGING BRAIDS – hair tutorial video, but I can’t see how you’re doing it… step by step. The tutorial video is too dark to actually see what you’re doing, can’t see much. 🙁

• Natalia June 23, 2012 at 2:38 pm #

I’m sorry! I ran out of time to create one, and I thought this would do. I’m gonna redo it, hopefully today! But that’s the thing, been so busy!

• yvonne June 23, 2012 at 5:03 pm #

Awww you’re so sweet…. no hurry though. I’ll keep a look out if you ever do it.
        Thank you! 🙂

4. ashley June 23, 2012 at 1:53 pm #

this is unreal! youre amazing!!!

• Natalia June 23, 2012 at 2:37 pm #

Thank you so much, you are so sweet!! I really appreciate it!

5. Hanni June 24, 2012 at 2:18 am #

Great tutorial! Your hair is so beautiful. I wish I would have hair like yours!
    Wish you a lovely Sunday,
    Hanni

• Natalia June 24, 2012 at 3:20 pm #

Thank you so much!

6. the domestic fringe June 24, 2012 at 5:34 pm #

Looks really pretty!

7. Shirley@motivatedmommyoftwo June 25, 2012 at 1:48 pm #

I love the hair tutorials that you provide, I tried to do the one you posted the other day about braiding your hair similar to this one. But had no luck. Will have to try it again and again until I can have it done. ONce I am able to do it I will send you a picture 🙂

8. Kaitlyn June 25, 2012 at 10:07 pm #

Hi Natalia!  This is beautiful! I just got the hang of the single braid, but now I can branch out on this.  I love your posts!  I’m not yet a mom, but my husband and I are still within our first two years of marriage and we appreciate all the help and hints we can get on life, especially within a small budget and using what we already have.  Thanks again and God bless!

9. Desiree June 28, 2012 at 9:28 am #

WHAT?! This is awesome.. You’ll be getting a STICKER soon 🙂

• Natalia June 29, 2012 at 6:45 am #

Oh how exciting!! I haven’t gotten a sticker yet!! Thank you! 🙂

10. six sisters June 28, 2012 at 5:34 pm #

Your braids are just beautiful! We are so glad that you linked up to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday”. Please come back again really soon! Thanks! -The Sisters

11. Rogene July 4, 2012 at 10:24 am #

Love the look! I’m always looking for ideas for what to do with my long hair.

1. Ways to Wear Braids | Ma Nouvelle Mode - January 28, 2013

[…] Double Hanging Side braids […]

2. 13 Different ways to wear your bangs | Ma Nouvelle Mode - March 10, 2013

[…] Same as above but add another row! Here is the original double hanging braid tutorial. […]