No Makeup, Makeup

Is it getting hot in here?  Well, if it isn’t, then it most certainly will soon!  I don’t know about you, but when the weather starts getting warm the last thing I want on my face is gobs of makeup.  So I thought it would be nice of me to share with you my ‘no makeup, makeup’ routine.  Because let’s face it, there are some of you who were blessed enough to be able to wear next to nothing (makeup wise, of course) and then there’s the rest of us.  I happen to need a little help every day from time to time.

So today I am going to show you how I achieve that “I’m not wearing any makeup, but ssshhh… because I really am, although it took me 5 minutes” look.  Ready?

Yep, you guessed it, those products are all you need!  Lip gloss, bronzer, mascara, concealer, eye liner, & tinted moisturizer.

First you apply the concealer where you need it.  And for a tired momma like me, I probably need a little more!  Not too much because the whole idea is to keep it light.  Then apply a layer of tinted moisturizer.  I use either e.l.f. brand or Cover Girl, both are inexpensive and work great.  In fact, they become my ‘go-to’ foundation in the summer months.

Now here is where you want to be careful.  We are trying to make it look like you aren’t wearing any makeup.  So when you are putting on your eyeliner, make sure your pencil is sharpened well.  As can see in the photo on the left, put the tip of your pencil right between the lashes and the lid, not directly on the lid.  Smudge along the lash line into the lashes without getting it up on you eye lid.  Using a brown liner also helps keep the look natural.  You can also do this using a straight edge brush.  Then apply a coat of mascara.

Now to finish up the look, apply some bronzer to your cheek bones, kind of like blush.  Or you can apply it all over your face for more of a sun kissed look.  Just make sure it’s not an oopmah loompah kind of sun-kissed, if you know what I mean!  Then you can apply some neutral lip gloss of lip stick.  Recently I am loving this e.l.f. lip gloss in honey do.

And there you have it! Easy, right?  In less than five minutes you look lovely, natural and effortlessly beautiful!

Well, what do you think?  How do you usually do your makeup in the spring and summer months?

We’ll be linking up to all these awesome parties here.

, , ,

29 Responses to No Makeup, Makeup

1. kariann May 31, 2012 at 7:19 am #

Thank you for the tutorial.

I enjoy your blog!

Kariann

• Natalia May 31, 2012 at 9:08 am #

I am so glad you do, thank you for stopping by!

2. MiMi May 31, 2012 at 11:34 am #

Oh! I’m getting tinted moisturizer! I’m going on vacay and I hate putting make up on when I’m hot and when I’m on vacay especially. 🙂

3. Tulip May 31, 2012 at 9:46 pm #

I need to get some good lip tint or gloss. Do you have a favorite? I have never tried tinted moisturizer because my skin get oily.  I use a matte powder with SPF.  Do they have matte tinted moisturizer?  I love it! You look very young and beautiful!

• Natalia June 1, 2012 at 9:24 am #

I totally understand, mine gets kinda oily too. There are other brands, clarins for one. But I bet if you looked up ‘best tinted moisturizer for oily skin’, you could try one of those. Sorry I don’t have a more definitive answer!! Hope you find one!

4. Kristin C. June 1, 2012 at 11:16 am #

I might need to try tinted moisturizer again! I used it one summer while I was in high school and loved it =)
    Thanks for sharing. Visiting from WhipperBerry

• Natalia June 1, 2012 at 1:02 pm #

Thanks so much for stopping by! Tinted moisturizer (and a little tan couldn’t hurt) are so perfect in the summer!

5. Jillian @ Hi! It's Jilly June 2, 2012 at 12:52 am #

Great tips! Thanks! 🙂

• Natalia June 2, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

You’re welcome! Glad you liked it!

6. Shirley@motivatedmommyoftwo June 3, 2012 at 9:47 pm #

I need to get some tinted mosturizer and give this look a try I love it. what kind of concelaer do you use. I think it say May kay but I am not sure. I use Mary Kay foundation and mineral powder. I should try their concealer too. I have to get a bronzer too. Oh Gosh I am going make up shopping.

7. Karri Reiser June 6, 2012 at 10:09 pm #

I’m not much of a makeup kind of girl because it takes to long to put it all together. I will need to try your quick and easy method. Maybe I’ll start wearing it more.

• Natalia June 6, 2012 at 10:12 pm #

It’s definitely a must have because it adds a little something without taking too much time. And it not that expensive!

8. Laura June 7, 2012 at 7:07 am #

I LOVE tinted moisturiser, I use it all year round instead of foundation, it feels so light on your skin and it does you good (or at least I try to convince myself it does) instead of weighing down your skin and clogging your pores.
    My mum is mid 50’s with no wrinkles and has never used an anti-aging product, she says its because she never wears make-up, I’m not quite brave enough for that so tinted moisturiser is a good middle ground 🙂

• Natalia June 7, 2012 at 7:22 am #

I totally understand! My grandma is almost 90, in excellent shape and barely no wrinkles!! It’s unfair actually. I think a lot of it is genetics (and I don’t think I was lucky enough to get hers!) but taking care of your skin is a lot of it! I love tinted moisturizer because of what you said too, it’s so light weight, it’s nice not to feel like you have a ton of makeup on. Thanks for stopping by and your comment!

9. KCoake June 7, 2012 at 9:20 am #

Thanks for these ideas. Do you have any tips on matching your skin tone when picking foundation or in this case tinted moisturizer? I have always bough makeup at the counter, but I need to go less expensive and it scares me to get the right color for example with tinted moisturizer.
    Thanks for the help!

10. meg/brassyapple June 10, 2012 at 8:16 am #

Your Tutorial was 1 of the top3 most clicked on links from last weeks Make it MOnday party on Brassy Apple! Congrats!!!

11. Natalija June 10, 2012 at 12:35 pm #

Thanks for the tutorial. I had to laugh though, because even when I put “full makeup” on I use probably less stuff. Normally I don’t wear any at all, when going out of the house I just put a bit of mascara and lipstick. On Sunday I add a little concealer, blush and maybe lip pencil.

• Natalia June 10, 2012 at 9:21 pm #

If you are blessed enough to not have to wear a lot of makeup, more power to ya!! That’s amazing! This is just a simple way to dress things up a bit. Thanks for stopping by!

12. Carol June 10, 2012 at 9:24 pm #

I def have to try this! Thanks! By the way, I love your hair color, is it colored? If not, lucky you! Thanks again!

• Natalia June 10, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

It is colored… although not recently! I really need to update it! I only wish it was natural!

• Carol June 11, 2012 at 10:44 am #

Hi again, What hair color did you use if you don’t mind me asking? I love it! I’ve always wanted a hue like that.

13. Cherie June 11, 2012 at 7:20 am #

Love the tutorial! I started using Elf tinted moisturizer about a year ago. I had been using Smashbox but it’s around $40 and Elf is $3 so I hesitantly tried it and LOVE it!

• Natalia June 11, 2012 at 2:11 pm #

Isn’t it great when you find items for a lot less that you end up liking just as much!! I have loved e.l.f. for that!

14. Yvonne June 11, 2012 at 1:44 pm #

Great tutorial!  Tried it out this weekend and was happy with the results.  Thanks for posting!

• Natalia June 11, 2012 at 2:09 pm #

I am so glad you liked it, that’s awesome! Glad to know it works for others too!

1. Getting Ready in: 15 Minutes! | Ma Nouvelle Mode - March 10, 2013

[…] nicer too, but still with the same minimal effort.  For my makeup, my go to 15 minute regime is my no makeup, makeup look.  It has the appearance of makeup without taking a ton of […]

2. Summer Makeup: Gold Shimmer Eyes | Ma Nouvelle Mode - March 10, 2013

[…] shared the perfect makeup routine for a day at the pool/beach/lake and I just shared my ‘no makeup, makeup’ look.  Today I am going to share another look that works great in the summertime.  It’s my […]

3. Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party Week 48 / Six Sisters' Stuff | Six Sisters' Stuff - October 31, 2013

[…] air conditioned home but as soon as the heat hits me I feel like it is melting off!  I love this No Makeup, Makeup Tutorial from Ma Nouvelle Mode.  This is the perfect way to apply makeup for summer! Even my salad hating husband would love […]

4. 7 Tips for Work/Life Balance at Home | Ma Nouvelle ModeMa Nouvelle Mode - February 5, 2014

[…] a ton of time on in it but you still look and feel pretty. The picture above is from my “No makeup, Makeup” […]