Favorite Summer Lip Looks & Matching Nails (Just for Fun)

So I have a few different types of lips that I like to do in the summer. I love that being tan makes light colors and dark colors look even better. Plus when else can you get away with certain shades of pink and orange? And just for fun, I found some favorite nail polishes to correspond with the color of my lips. So here ya go!

Natural & Neutral

Oftentimes in the summer I only wear a tinted lipgloss. As I have said before, I like the natural look in the summer. When I was looking for a neutral summery shade for my nails I decided on this very pale (almost white) pink shade and I am obsessed! I actually love it best on my toes the browner my feet get (from the sun not dirt!)  Shades: Lips- Bare Minerals Hydrating Lip Tint in Luscious, Nails- Revlon Top Speed in Sheer Cotton.

Hottest Pink

I love this shade of lipstick. It is so much fun and sassy! This replaces my red lips in the summer. Give it a try! I bet it will look better on you than you think! The nail color  is a quintessential summer shade and I glad I bought a good hot pink! Shades: Lips- Maybelline in First Class Fuchsia, Nails- Revlon Top Speed in Jelly.

Cool Orange

This is the first time I have tried orange lips and I really like it! I am following my own rule that anything goes in the summer. I am going to try to wear this shade as much as possible because I am 99% sure that once my summer tan fades the color will not look as good :) The nail color is pretty sweet. I am partial to softish colors on my fingers and this is a nice balance. Shades: Lips- Sephora in Sunset Rhythm, Nails- Revlon Top Speed in Peachy.

Icy Pink

Sometimes you just need to wear a great pink lip. I went for a more shimmery look for the summer and I am pretty sure it would look good on most skin tones. The nail color is by far my favorite shade for the summer. The perfect pink! Shades: Lips- Combination of Radiant Lip Gloss in Hummingbird and Sei Bella (Melaleuca) Lip Gloss in Flirt.

Go out and try something new this summer! There are a ton of options and now is the time to experiment! XOXO- Christie

Christie
Christie is a wife and mother of 3 amazing kiddos. Her youngest was born August 2012 with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She lives with her family in sunny Southern California. She loves to share her own stories, mishaps and tips on how to feel fabulous regardless of your stage in life.
Christie

11 Responses to Favorite Summer Lip Looks & Matching Nails (Just for Fun)

1. Lindsat May 23, 2012 at 7:41 am #

love all these color combos! each one looks fabulous on you! :)
    btw how do you get such a gorgeous tan?!?!? im sure jealous!! are you laying the sun or is it a spray on?? share the secret please :)

• Christie May 23, 2012 at 9:31 am #

Thank you! As far as the tan goes, I do tend to get a little brown, even when I lather on the sunscreen. But I try to keep the sun totally off my face. So I have been using Spray Di Sole Liquid Bronzer and I love it! They also sell semi permanent self tanner that is amazing. Check out my recent post about it.

2. Lindsay May 23, 2012 at 7:42 am #

love all these color combos! each one looks fabulous on you!

3. Alyx May 23, 2012 at 7:45 am #

Ooh, that orange looks amazing on you!!

4. Mary Dailey May 23, 2012 at 1:00 pm #

I love the Hottest Pink and the Cool Orange!

5. Natasha May 24, 2012 at 2:04 am #

I love the cool orange. It really suits you

Natasha @ http://www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

6. Anna@ SimplyAnnaRenee May 25, 2012 at 1:16 am #

Your blog is absolutely amazing! I am so glad I found it through the Linkys Party! I love the cool orange, its a very fun summer color!

7. Heather @ Glitter and Gloss May 27, 2012 at 11:50 am #

Anything goes in the summer for sure – love those orange lips on you, and I love all the nail/lip combos.

Thank you so much for linking up with Mani Monday!

xo,
    Heather @ Glitter and Gloss

8. Amy, At the Pink of Perfection May 28, 2012 at 7:28 am #

Ooh, great post! I love the hot pink and orange, they look fabulous on you! I am not brave enough to wear bright colors yet. Visiting from Mani Monday!

9. Winnie May 30, 2012 at 12:01 am #

Wonderful colors!
    My favorite is the icy-pink, but you look fantastic with all of them

10. Cara Beth June 18, 2012 at 2:10 pm #

I am a totally lipstick wuss.