The Secret to Big, Voluminous Hair

You know you all love it.  You know you all want it.  It’s the envy of most women everywhere – big hair.  Okay, maybe that’s just me, but what can I say?  I am a sucker for big, voluminous, sexy hair!  Today I have a very simple tutorial, less than 5 minutes, with three different ways you can tease you hair to create maximum volume.  I have generally thick hair, but it is long and heavy.  So I am fairly certain this style will work on all types of hair, including thin hair and even short hair.  As a matter of fact, if you have short hair, check out Christie’s voluminous short hair tutorial.

And whether or not you believe me, the curls are from ‘no heat curls’ headband and I just added a few in the morning to fill out the top and I was done.  The rest of the volume I will show you in the tutorial!

I used these teasing techniques in last weeks “Facebook Twist” tutorial.  It’s a perfect base for tons of other styles.

So basically what I am saying here is that you could have this kind of hair in literally 10 minutes in the morning.  And I have long hair, so for those of you with shorter or thinner hair, it could be even less!!  So that you can see exactly how I did it, I made a video for you. Easy to follow and like I said, less than 5 minutes.  Enjoy!

Getting ready for summer?  Check out our giveaway perfect to get you started – Spray Di Sole Tanning products!  Go enter now, you’ll thank us!

And of course we’re linking up to all our fabulous parties here!

Have a great day!

Natalia

Natalia

Owner & Author
Natalia is a mom to two crazy boys and wife to one handsome dude. She lives in France part of the year where her husband plays professional basketball, but she hails from Southern California. The hubs was born & raised in Nassau, Bahamas, which makes them an intercultural, interracial family traveling the globe together since 2007. She loves to cook (but mostly eat), hang with her fam, be adventurous, & find ways to stay girlie in a house full of men. On her site you can find loads of hair tutorials, makeup ideas, & fashion tips for the everyday woman. She believes that beauty and fashion don't have to be intimidating and that every woman should learn to embrace her own beauty.
Natalia
Natalia
Natalia
Natalia

Latest posts by Natalia (see all)

, , , , ,

14 Responses to The Secret to Big, Voluminous Hair

1. MiMi May 17, 2012 at 12:19 pm #

Maybe you should live in the south!! They love big hair too. :)
    I love big hair, mine will stay for about 5 minutes and then I swear it deflates.

2. Cheryl in Wisconsin May 17, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

Your hair is gorgeous. Thanks for the info.

• Natalia May 17, 2012 at 3:15 pm #

Thank you! Hope you can use it!

3. Apsolutely Crafts May 17, 2012 at 10:05 pm #

Your hair looks great! Definitely gotta try this on mine!

• Natalia May 18, 2012 at 6:36 am #

Thank you! Yes, give it a try, I am pretty sure it would work on all types of hair!

4. Kaysi @ Keeping It Simple May 21, 2012 at 6:57 am #

Your hair is amazing and I love the big hair!!  Will you come and do mine :)

5. Rose May 21, 2012 at 7:00 am #

You have beautiful hair I wish mine were longer so I could fix it like that.   It was great looking around your lovely blog. Have a great day.
    Rose @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

• Natalia May 21, 2012 at 7:42 am #

Thank you! I am so glad you liked it. I am certain you could do the same thing! Give it a try! Thanks for stopping by! :)

6. Rachel (Lines Across) May 21, 2012 at 6:35 pm #

Your hair looks beautiful. I usually just pull mine back, but I think I could do this. Thanks for the great tutorial. I would love it if you would stop by and share at Lines Across.

Have a wonderful week,
    Rachel

• Natalia May 22, 2012 at 8:07 am #

Thank you! I think you could definitely do this, you should give it a try. It’s always good to have options!

7. six sisters May 21, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

Your hair is just beautiful! We are so glad you came to another week of our fun “Strut Your Stuff Saturday”. Please join us again! -The Sisters

8. meg/brassyapple May 27, 2012 at 5:40 pm #

Thanks for linking up last week! your tutorial made the top 3 most clicked on links and it’s featured! http://brassyapple.blogspot.com/2012/05/make-it-monday-33.html

• Natalia May 27, 2012 at 6:49 pm #

That’s great, thanks! Going to check it out now!

1. Half Up Criss-Cross Hair Tutorial | Ma Nouvelle Mode - May 21, 2012

[...] in the back, but then again if you have been a regular reader around here, you might know I like big hair.  I should have been from the south or something.  Here is what it looks like from the front. [...]