What I Wore: Switzerland

So as you all know, my family and I took a nice little trip to Switzerland last week.  It was a beautiful, lovely trip and we enjoyed it very much.  But since this blog is a beauty/fashion/lifestyle blog, I wanted to share what I wore for my little weekend away.  And as much fun as it is to have new clothes for little trips, most of it was from my closet!

Day one:  I mixed black and brown which is kind of a favorite lately.  I only brought one pair of boots because as much as I would love to have options, we were only going 3 days and I knew I could get by with just my brown.  But by adding black, I was able to mix and match and have the outfits look different!  This picture was at the Jet d’Eau in Geneva.

Boots: Steve Madden // leggings: Target // Shorts: H&M // Sweater: Auchan (French store) // Necklace: gifted

Being a family trip, I wanted to be comfortable and look cute.  The second day I think was my favorite outfit.  My favorite Chambray shirt from Sweden, seriously so comfy!  The white jeans were a little too big, but honestly I couldn’t pass them up for 10 euros!  Same boots and voila!  An entirely different outfit!

Boots: Steve Madden // jeans: H&M // chambray: Sweden // Sweater: Auchan

Now luck for me {unlucky?} we travel so much that my accessories are always in a travel carrier.  So on small trips like this where it would be wise not to bring everything, I just do because it is already there!  I added some red lips long, layered necklace, and a fun gold ring. Over all I liked it!

And the last day.  I wasn’t sure about this outfit because I hadn’t worn the shirt in a while, but I ended up liking it!  Once again mixed black and brown – obsessed maybe?  The buttons on this shirt have black and brown so I am justified!  🙂

Boots: Steve Madden // Jeans: H&M // shirt: closet!

Oh and can I tell you a dirty little secret?  I didn’t brush my hair the entire trip!  I brought a brush, but since my hair was already curled a bit, I just went with it!  Don’t tell my husband, he’ll think I’m gross.  And you also don’t have to remark that in the last picture, you can kinda tell… haha oh well!

I am back in California today!! See what I mean about traveling a lot!  But at least I know we will be here for at least 3 months before moving back to France… or some country for that matter – we don’t know yet!  What a crazy life!

While I try not to fall asleep standing up, I hope you have a great day!

As always, I am linking to The Pleated Poppy, The Letter 4, and Momma Go Round

16 Responses to What I Wore: Switzerland

1. TJ May 15, 2012 at 3:06 pm #

absolutely beautiful images!!! and don’t worry, i never brush my hair when i go on vacation. just no point, ha
    xo TJ

• Natalia May 16, 2012 at 4:26 am #

Oh that is so funny, glad to know I am not the only one!!

2. Mindie May 16, 2012 at 5:48 am #

You look great. Looks like a fun trip.

3. Annie May 16, 2012 at 6:09 am #

I’m so jealous of your trip! I’ve always wanted to go there – and your outfits look so great!

• Natalia May 16, 2012 at 3:22 pm #

Thank you! If you ever get the chance, go, it’s so beautiful! Probably one of my favorite countries. And so clean!

4. the Blah Blah Blahger May 16, 2012 at 8:49 am #

I just got back from Switzerland and Sweden. It’s soooo beautiful there!

• Natalia May 16, 2012 at 3:22 pm #

OH my gosh, isn’t it?? I loved it. And I got to go to Sweden earlier this year, also beautiful!! Gotta love it!

5. lori May 16, 2012 at 10:21 am #

stopping by from the pleated poppy… i love your first outfit and the contrast between the shorts and the tights, so cute!

• Natalia May 16, 2012 at 3:21 pm #

Thank you! I was trying to mix it up a bit!

6. Emily May 16, 2012 at 2:08 pm #

You are beautiful! I love all of your outfits and your pics.
    Creamy

7. pippa May 16, 2012 at 3:09 pm #

Just saw you at http://www.thepleatedpoppy.com and seriously can’t believe your hair looks that good after not washing it !!!!
    I have even tried that “dry” shampoo and it doesn’t work for me 🙁
    pippa
    /www.shopwithpippa.com

• Natalia May 16, 2012 at 3:21 pm #

Really? I thought you could kinda tell in the last picture, it’s a mess! But thank you! I still need to find a good dry shampoo, the one I have doesn’t work very well. Thanks for stopping by!

8. Linda Z May 16, 2012 at 9:22 pm #

Really great classic outfits! And your hair is gorgeous. I can’t believe you didn’t brush it!!

• Natalia May 17, 2012 at 4:47 am #

Thanks! Good to know, because I thought it was starting to get obvious!! Thanks for stopping by!

1. Travel to France with Natalia: A Stop on the Summer Vacation Tour « oaxacaborn - June 8, 2012

[…] between a trip to Switzerland, packing up her place in France, and moving back to California for the summer, my sweet friend […]

2. TRAVEL :: France with Natalia: A Stop on the Summer Vacation Tour « - November 1, 2012