Wedding Hair and Makeup- The Perfect Blowout and Heavy Cat Eye

Hi ladies! I recently posted about a GORGEOUS wedding I was in a few weeks ago. Well today I want to show you a few close ups of my hair and makeup for the day. All the bridesmaids were responsible for their own look, and here is what I came up with for my hair:

Sometimes with short hair one feels like there is not a lot of “special” ways to wear it, however I argue that since not everyone can rock the short hair to begin with, we should just rock what we already do best! So I decided that my wedding look would be the Perfect Blowout with some added volume. My hair is wavy AND had a ton of cowlicks (plus it is fairly thin) so this look is not as easy as it appears. I have attached a tutorial on how I get this look:

Here is what I came up with for Makeup:

I decided that since the dress was charcoal and the pearls we wore had such a vintage flair that it would be best to accentuate my eyes. I have always loved the extreme cat eye and it is totally “vintage.” The false lashes I used were winged half lashes to emphasize the cat eye look. I used two shades of purple shadow and the lipstick I used was a shimmery bronze color. Again, I have attached a video tutorial on how I get my extreme cat eye look.

We are linking up to all our fabulous linky parties here.  If you are looking for some good networking – check them out!

, , ,

20 Responses to Wedding Hair and Makeup- The Perfect Blowout and Heavy Cat Eye

1. Candace Barshaw (@MagpieEventCo) May 10, 2012 at 12:08 pm #

Love it, Christie!!!

2. Fascinators May 11, 2012 at 6:38 am #

Fascinators have been so popular since the royal wedding!

3. Heather May 13, 2012 at 7:18 am #

great tutorials! Love it all. I would love for you to come link this up at our Sunday Round Up.
    xoxo
    Heather

4. lisa May 14, 2012 at 5:34 am #

Love your look! I’m sending myself the video to watch later. I need some makeup ideas for my sister’s wedding festivities!

• Christie May 14, 2012 at 8:50 am #

Awesome! Hope it helps! 🙂

5. Shiloh May 14, 2012 at 10:45 am #

I love your take on short hair.  I’ve never worn my hair as short as you, but even with it a little longer it feels like there are no options.  So, we should just be awesome always.;)

6. Danielle May 14, 2012 at 11:50 am #

I have a Sunday Blog Hop going on right now and I would love for you to link up your cute blog. Stop by and join the fun!

Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
    http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com/2012/05/sunday-blog-hop-11.html Blissful and Domestic

7. Cara Beth May 14, 2012 at 6:22 pm #

I am going to be 30 next week and I have just started slowly experimenting with eyeliner over the last few weeks.  I loved the winged eye look and I am dying to try a more dramatic look.  I am planning to debut this type of look at my birthday party next week, so thanks for the tips!

• Christie May 15, 2012 at 7:13 pm #

What a perfect occasion to debut a new look! I am sure you will love it! When I first started I used the wet qtip idea a ton and I always got the look I was hoping for 🙂 good luck!

8. Kaysi @ Keeping It Simple May 14, 2012 at 7:08 pm #

Beautiful!!!  Love the eye liner!

• Christie May 15, 2012 at 7:11 pm #

Thank you!

9. six sisters May 15, 2012 at 7:58 pm #

This looks beautiful!! Thanks for coming to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We would love to see you again next week!! -The Sisters

10. Little Bit May 17, 2012 at 6:58 am #

I am so glad I found you two… such great advice that I feel I can really do! I’d like more info on the hair product stuff… I’ve always wondered how people got their hair so shiny… I’ll check other places on your site for that, this is my first visit. I’m using that ‘cat eye’ tip for a wedding I’m going to this summer! Thanks. I’m finding a way to follow you… LF or FB Little Bit from http://www.DecorateWithaLittleBit.com

• Christie May 18, 2012 at 10:01 pm #

Oh I am so happy you found us too! As far as product goes, I always use a styling cream when wet, I like redken, melaleuca, smooth sexy hair brand…. But you should experiment with the right one for you. Sometimes if I am going to be using a lot of heat, I will spray on a heat protection (I have been using Chi). Once my hair is styled I always put some form of smoothing balm (just a teeny bit) to smooth give it shine and finish. The same brands I listed above are some I my favorites. Let me know if you have any more questions or want to know something specific and i will get back to you! Thanks you! 🙂

11. Jen Lossing, The Consigner Designer May 29, 2012 at 8:44 pm #

I am loving your site! I am currently growing my hair out, but I am always growing it out! I end up cutting it into a bob all the time! I love your bangs. What would I ask my stylist to do to may hair to achieve those bangs?

• Christie May 29, 2012 at 10:12 pm #

I would say you want long bangs cut to be parted to the deep side. Also, sometimes i think hairstylists cut bangs to thin. I like mine to be nice and thick. I make sure my stylist always remembers which way I part my hair when it is styled (sometimes she forgets and I would hate for her to cut it as if I was going to part it the other way!) And whenever I have a hard time wording what I want, I bring a picture and then spell out exactly what I like about the picture. Good luck!

1. 3 ways to tease your hair | Ma Nouvelle Mode - May 17, 2012

[…] The Secret to Big, Voluminous Hair May 17 2012 0 Comments var addthis_product = 'wpp-264'; var addthis_config = {"data_track_clickback":true,"data_track_addressbar":false};if (typeof(addthis_share) == "undefined"){ addthis_share = [];}You know you all love it.  You know you all want it.  It’s the envy of most women everywhere – big hair.  Okay, maybe that’s just me, but what can I say?  I am a sucker for big, voluminous, sexy hair!  Today I have a very simple tutorial, less than 5 minutes, with three different ways you can tease you hair to create maximum volume.  I have generally thick hair, but it is long and heavy.  So I am fairly certain this style will work on all types of hair, including thin hair and even short hair.  As a matter of fact, if you have short hair, check out Christie’s voluminous short hair tutorial. […]

2. Creating Different Eye Shapes with Liner | Ma Nouvelle Mode - July 10, 2012

[…] of the “Winged” liner on the top. Check out my previous tutorial on how to accomplish the heavy cat eye for the winged look. Otherwise, using the liquid liner line, the upper eye finishing it off with a […]

3. Deep Side Swept Bangs Tutorial | Ma Nouvelle Mode - March 10, 2013

[…] achieve this entire look you can also check out my tutorial for the perfect blow out. Let me know if you have any questions! XOXO- […]

4. Mastering the Art of Styling Side Swept Bangs - Somewhat Simple - June 17, 2013

[…] my methods! Hope you enjoy! For a tutorial on how I achieved the entire style check out my post on the perfect blowout at my blog Ma Nouvelle Mode. And for more hair tutorials check out our You Tube […]