Summer Beach, Pool or Lake Makeup

Were you guys aware that it is Skin Cancer Awareness month? I wasn’t either until a few weeks ago! We have a few really cool posts coming up this month about taking care of your skin and still looking fabulous! And it starts today!

I am bringing you my perfect makeup for being out in the sun AND knowing that I may be getting wet. They key? Waterproof, easy to reapply, SPF included, natural looking….. well let me just show you:

Here’s the deal…I like it when I feel pretty AND low maintenance. Mostly this is only the case in the summer, when some of my natural pigment starts showing and my freckles get a little darker. I feel….beachy? It is when I am most comfortable in my own skin. But let’s face it girls, if the “barn” needs painting PAINT IT! Am I right!?? And this includes those days when you will be getting wet and a full face of makeup just looks out of place (or eventually ends up running down your face) Secondly, I love my Vitamin D (I really really really really love my vitamin D), but I don’t love the negative effects UV rays have on my skin. So with all this said I have put together a little tutorial (with detailed explanations of products) below. Enjoy

Perfect Makeup for the beach, pool or lake Tutorial

For days that I am going to be swimming I forgo concealer and just apply a full face of tinted moisturizer with SPF (Layer on the protection people!) I am using Melaleuca Brand. On my eyes I apply a coat of eye primer in a nice neutral color. I am using Bare Minerals Primetime Eye primer.  Primer is often water resistant (if you got splashed not dunked) and does not crease throughout the day!  You can blackmail me one day with the first photo, no makeup=BLEH!

I then add a little bit of Bare Minerals Warmth to my entire face including my lids. This gives me the natural sun-kissed look I am going for and it has SPF in it for extra protection. I finish my eyes with a great waterproof liner and mascara. I am using Bare Minerals Round the Clock Liner in Chocolate Suede. Again I am using the Bare Minerals brand for my waterproof mascara.

I love my Benefit BeneTint  cheek stain! Because it is a stain it is also waterproof and it always goes on flawlessly. And finally I finish with a coat of Bare Minerals Tinted Mineral Veil  to absorb moisture and blend all the layers. Finish everything with some great hydrating lip gloss. I am using a Bare Minerals Lip Tint that apparently is only being offered right now in this package.

And you are ready! Since the mascara, liner and stain is waterproof you don’t need to worry about humiliating yourself if you get dunked! You can easily reapply the tinted moisturizer, primer, warmth and lipgloss post water fun and you can feel good about protecting your skin against the harsh UV rays (Just remember to reapply sunscreen when needed!)  If you have any questions, leave a comment!

xoxo Christie

We’re linking up to all our lovely linky parties here!

, , , , ,

20 Responses to Summer Beach, Pool or Lake Makeup

1. Anna @ IHOD May 2, 2012 at 4:10 am #

Very good tips! Tinted moisturizer is a favorite product of mine. Must remember waterproof mascara this summer:)
    Cheers!
    Anna

2. Alyx May 2, 2012 at 5:34 am #

This is such a great look – I love it, and you look beautiful, but not overdone at al!

3. Kelly May 2, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

Agree with my girl Alyx!    Love it!  Absolutely, perfect!

4. Marie May 2, 2012 at 10:49 pm #

Great look! 🙂 thanks for sharing!

• Christie May 2, 2012 at 11:38 pm #

Thanks! Hope it was helpful in some way:)

5. Rose :: Fine Craft Guild .com May 3, 2012 at 12:23 pm #

wow. i read the whole thing. you look pretty without make-up. what’s the deal. i know… it’s the glamour eyes, and they are lovely!  Come link up your tutorial  at our party http://www.finecraftguild.com/party/ It’s worth sharing it with others!

commentluv: latest article: http://www.finecraftguild.com/dr-seuss-wall-decals-not-just-for-kids-bedrooms/

• Christie May 4, 2012 at 3:03 pm #

Well Thank you! I linked up at your party! Thanks for the invite 🙂

6. Toni May 3, 2012 at 4:53 pm #

Great tips and thanks for listing the products you use. Bronzers usually scare me due to my pale skin, but I’ll have to give this a try. It looks quite natural. I’ve been curious about the Benetint and I’m glad to see that it isn’t as bright when it’s applied as it looks in the bottle! Thanks for sharing!

• Christie May 3, 2012 at 9:16 pm #

I was nervous about the benetint too! Glad you found this helpful. The “warmth” from bare minerals does go on really naturally. Try it! Thanks for the comment 😉

7. Vanessa May 3, 2012 at 10:55 pm #

Thanks for the makeup tips! This could also be called “busy mom on the go makeup” lol! I just shared this post on my fb page: https://www.facebook.com/seevanessacraft

8. Greta May 4, 2012 at 8:06 am #

Gorgeous, and great tips! I LOVE cheek stain. It’s my very favorite makeup product, all year long.

9. Rosie May 6, 2012 at 9:55 am #

Thanks for this – I am going to a festival by the beach this summer and wondered how to tackle to make-up ‘issue’.

Hope you can find time to share this at my outdoor link up ‘Festival Fever’: http://craftbotics.blogspot.com

Rosie xx

10. six sisters May 7, 2012 at 7:55 pm #

So pretty. Thanks for the tutorial! We hope to see you back next week to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” Thanks for coming!! -The Sisters

11. Anne Marie Freitas May 8, 2012 at 9:24 am #

Slipping in from TipJunkie! Simple, quick, & versatile. Love it!

• Christie May 8, 2012 at 9:40 am #

Thanks for stopping by!

1. Hookin Up with HoH #99 - May 9, 2012

[…] Summer quickly approaching, learn how to put on your “beach face” like a pro over at Ma Nouvelle Mode. I’m no girlie girl (I wish I were but I don’t even know where to start), but this blog […]

2. Summer Makeup: Gold Shimmer Eyes | Ma Nouvelle Mode - June 13, 2012

[…] coming up with makeup and hair tutorials that are perfect for summer.  Christie shared the perfect makeup routine for a day at the pool/beach/lake and I just shared my ‘no makeup, makeup’ look.  Today I am going to share another look […]

3. Summer Makeup: Gold Shimmer Eyes | Ma Nouvelle Mode - June 13, 2012